Military Wives/Fiances/Girlfriends Support Group

Hi,
Would anyone mind if i joined in here?

I am in the wtt but actually ntnp.

OH is in the amry and currently on exercise for two weeks. He has only been back 8 days after a month in the Falklands and then goes to the Falklands in January for three and a half months.

Could do with support from people who know what it is like and how bad the lonliness gets. xx

Sorry forgot the little bit.
Name: Nicola
He's in the army.
He's been in for 13 years
Together for two years.
Feeling about military life: Not printable.

So some good news, I just got married! Now to start the newlywed year off next year alone! lol Army life, here I come.

omg congrats :happydance: thats so exciting!! I wish you all the best in your marriage. It's actually our 1 year anniversary coming up, which I will spend alone but we celebrated it early this year..

Thanks!! It's really exciting to get married and realize that nothing has changed. lol He leaves in March for BCT and AIT and won't be back until around Dec. What a way to spend the new year! lol I just hope he will be back in time to see our baby turn 1. I only have a few more weeks to go and then my little boy will be here!

name sue
army
2 years
not long
not deployed. training
was in myself so know what to expect.

trying for a baby is hard when you only see your partner twice in 6 months.

Hello. :]

Just wondering, are there any other ladies here who are currently pregnant with a deployed OH? Or anyone who has recently been in this situation?

My husband is deployed until sometime early next year (not sure if he'll be back before or after the baby comes... but oh well) and I would looove to talk to some other girls who can relate to some of the things I'm feeling at the moment! With nesting instinct kicking in my brain is going into a loop of frantically preparing things and being anxious to have my husband back safe and sound RIGHT NOW. The second trimester was a breeze emotionally, but I feel like I'm going crazy all of a sudden. I just need to get through the next few months, but I am so impatient and restless. :p I hate how normal deployment anxieties are magnified by pregnancy hormones. Grrrr.

I'm not pregnant, and my DH isn't deployed at the moment (although he is away during the week and has been deployed before). But I don't live terribly far from you. I'm in Folkestone until he's posted around February time. :)

Name: Cayla
Military Branch: Marines
How long he's been in: 5 years
Currently Deployed?: No
How long you've been together: 9 months
How do you like the Military Life?: Adjusting to it still

Is anyone's guy getting out soon? Just wondering about the transition

my boyfriend medically retired from the army in June of this year. it has been a rough transition period with all the paperwork and waiting on the VA to give him his ratings. he has had a hard time finding a job mainly because of his injuries so we're just playing the waiting game with VA still. However, since he was injured in combat he signed up to get a house from the wounded warriors program and we found out yesterday that they are awarding us one out by my family. so there really are some programs out there to help military transition its just a matter of looking!

Thanks my husband has PTSD and hearing loss and knee problems from his service. He is getting disability from the va after he gets out. He is already got job offers though. S that is good, he is just worried he won't know what to do with his life after he gets out, he was in for 8 years.

my boyfriend was in for 6 and he also has PTSD he worked doing security for a couple months but he couldnt deal with the hours and his PTSD got worse. if your husband is willing there are transition counslers to talk to but honestly i think if he has job offers he'll be ok it'll just be a change

Name: Annalee (aka, Anna)
Military Branch: Army
How long he's been in: 2 years
How long you've been together: 6 years together, 2 years married
How do you like the Military Life?: It has it's ups and downs ..

Hi everyone! :)
Im happy to see that there's a military thread on here for us girls. :happydance:

DH enlisted about two years ago, while we were still living in CA. He originally signed up for Special Forces training, but didn't make it into Airborne School :shrug: .. So, his MOS got bumped to Infantry and they sent him to Ft. Campbell, KY, where we have been for a little over a year now.
We've survived one deployment and life here has been pretty decent. :)

Name: Chanel
Military Branch: Army National Guard
How long he's been in: 2 years
How long you've been together: Will be 3 years in March
How do you like the Military Life?: It's usually ok. The CO's can get to be annoying at times but my fiance is quickly working his way up the ranks, so that should get better.

Things have gotten a little out of hand with his interstate transfer from N.Dakota to Texas though. There are no available jobs with his MOS (42Alpha). The only job available within 50miles is 11Bravo. 42Alpha is Human Resources; 11Bravo is Infantry. So you can imagine my disappointment.

Things got even more twisted when they told him the unit in Houston didn't have any more space. The units in San Antonio & Austin are full too. His only option was to try Louisiana. The Sgt there didn't want him traveling 3hrs to get to drill once a month. If he can't find a unit, he may have to be discharged for inability to commute. It's not honorable or dishonorable, it would just be a general discharge.

I hate that N.Dakota even let him leave if there wasn't going to be any space for him in Texas. If he discharges, he'll have to re-enlist and go through Basic and AIT all over again! :growlmad: We're just trying to figure out what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Name: Kate
Military Branch: British Army
How long he's been in: 4 years
Currently Deployed?: Yes.. He's in afghanistan
How long you've been together: Around 5 years
How do you like the Military Life?: To be honest there is a huge support network for the military lives and I do like the regular income ect. It is a job he loves and is secure in so I have to support him in that. I think the hardest part is him being deployed!

Name: Catlin
Military Branch: US Coast Guard
How long he's been in: nearly 4 years
Currently Deployed?: Nope, he's at a cushy desk job with banker's hours until 2014
How long you've been together: nearly 4 years :)
How do you like the Military Life?: My dad was in the Navy, I was in the Coast Guard, then I married a Coastie. I don't know anything other than the military life. It seems hardest as a spouse though, especially when he had to leave for three weeks just a few days after we got married and the first 9 months of our marriage he was gone the equivalent of 7+ months of it.

I do love getting to move every few years :) I've gotten to live in six cities in five states and I'm already uber jealous of everyone who gets to PCS this year, 2014 is taking way too long to get here.

Name: Alexis Baker, husband is Jared Baker
Military Branch: Army
How long he's been in: Since January 7th
Currently Deployed?: BCT
How long you've been together: 1 yr, married since November.
How do you like the Military Life?: I love the BAH, hate the loneliness and having to fight my depression alone.

I'm trying to reach out for help because I have been suffering depression and I'm pregnant, which is never good. I don't want medication, I just need to get advice and reassurance that I really am not screwing up as bad as I feel like I am. I've been having thoughts of hurting myself, I cry until I feel sick, I don't even want to do anything, I don't even want to write my husband sometimes-which is really what has kept me sane this far- I don't always eat when I'm hungry, I just want to stay curled up in bed. I have BAD separation anxiety, and for a while I thought I was getting better, but I had to stop volunteering at the local Stables and I sold my best friend, my husky, and my Pekingese just lays around all day and she lays by me when I cry, like now. I just need help. I feel so alone. No one in my family understands, and I have only a few friends who are busy in college, hours away from me.

Alexis, you need someone to talk to face to face or at least a trained counsellor over the phone. Where are you located? Maybe we can find someone for you? Reach out to everyone. You don't need to feel like this alone. ((Hugs))

I live in Northshore, which is considered Houston, TX. I'm scared therapy or counselling will cost a lot of money, but when I searched for help groups nothing came up. I could use any help right about now, and if someone happens upon a group or counselor near me, I think that would be more beneficial. All I have with my husband is letters, and I feel terrible because I feel so distant from him.

Alexis, do you live near a base? The Army Chaplaincy offers free counseling to military family members. Look for a "family life center" in the area. You can also get support through the New Parents Support Program (NPSP) even before your baby comes - those are usually run by Army Community Services. Also, Army Community Services often has deployment support groups.

I hope you can find some support in your area -- when my DH was deployed I got help from the NPSP in my area. The counselor was lovely and even drove me to some prenatal appointments.

I found this https://www.uth.tmc.edu/uth_orgs/hcpc/local_mental_health_info.htm and this https://crisishotline.org/ But I definitely agree with Nimyra as well. As I'm in the UK, I'm sure the setup is different, but we have forces welfare that look after us, are usually given a pack when hubby deploys that signposts us to the people that can help with all sorts of things. So, your local welfare officers on the base should help, but there are probably forces families charities that can help, too. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->