Military Wives/Fiances/Girlfriends Support Group

Name: Rachelle
Military Branch: Marine
How long he's been in: 6 years
Currently Deployed?: Yes, left a week ago..
How long you've been together: Married for almost 3 years.
How do you like the Military Life?: As of right now, I hate it.. I'm lonely and depressed. My kids miss their dad.. Blah :[

Name: Courtney
How long he's been in: 12 1/2 years
Currently Deployed?: No
How long you've been together: Married 6 months, been together almost 2 years
How do you like the Military Life?: It's ok

How do you like the Military Life?: As of right now, I hate it.. I'm lonely and depressed. My kids miss their dad.. Blah :[

Sorry to hear things aren't great right now Rachelle, keep your head up! Do you have any friends out there? We're heading to Lejeune next.

Name: Katy
Military Branch: Canadian Forces Signals Operator currently teaching
How long he's been in: 10+ years
Currently Deployed?: nope
How long you've been together: 8 years
How do you like the Military Life?: It has it's ups and downs. Like I tell the new girls, just remember KIT and Panties!
Keep It Together and Put on your big girl panties cause you're gonna deal with a lot of..."stuff"

and c'mon we get to mess with government property :happydance:

well if you ever need to talk or want to hang out. I live in escondido which isnt far from oceanside. : )

:hugs:

Name: Patti
Military Branch: Air Force
How long he's been in: 16 years!
Currently Deployed?: Yes, just left Easter Sunday :(
How long you've been together: Married almost 16 years
How do you like the Military Life?: Been at it a long time lol. Gone some nice places and met some great friends but a part of me (and him) are ready to retire and settle down. We are in the home stretch!

Name: Katie
Military Branch: Army
How long he's been in: 9 yrs
Currently Deployed?: hmm currently my hubby is in Australia, training for 4 months :(. He is due to go back Afghan in April 2012 :(
How long you've been together: 5 years married 3
How do you like the Military Life?: Its sometimes a very lonley life to be living, wish we had more time together

Name: Kelsey
Military Branch: Air Force
How long he's been in: Almost 6 months
Currently Deployed?: Nope, graduates AIT in a few weeks
How long you've been together: Married for 7 months <3
How do you like the Military Life?: It has its ups & downs, but so far I am really enjoying it!

Name: Alexis

Military Branch: Him - Army, Me - Air Force

How long he's been in: He's been in for...18 years I believe. I've been in for about 12.

Currently Deployed?: Nope.

How long you've been together: 8 years

How do you like the Military Life?: I love it, most of the time. I was a military brat, then joined, and then married into it. It's been my life since I was 12 and I really can't think of any other way to live!!!

I'm not sure if any of you would know the answer to this question. me and my boyfriend who is in the process of being medically retired for the army are expecting a baby. after he retires he will still have medical insurance and any dependents can get medical insurance as well as base access. i do not want to get married until after i have the baby and lose the baby weight so next year sometime. right now im on medicaid but when the baby is born he/she will have tricare through the military since i'm not working but will i be able to get on base to take my baby to doctor appointments if i do not have base access?

Name:Erica
Military Branch:Army
How long he's been in:9 yrs
Currently Deployed?:no , But have many deployments!
How long you've been together:9 yrs
How do you like the Military Life?:I am very used to it! Don't know is I like it! Right my husband is an instructor so life is gravy.It's when this tour is done is when it will suck. I know he will be able to deploy again :(

I'm not sure if any of you would know the answer to this question. me and my boyfriend who is in the process of being medically retired for the army are expecting a baby. after he retires he will still have medical insurance and any dependents can get medical insurance as well as base access. i do not want to get married until after i have the baby and lose the baby weight so next year sometime. right now im on medicaid but when the baby is born he/she will have tricare through the military since i'm not working but will i be able to get on base to take my baby to doctor appointments if i do not have base access?

If I recall correctly you can get a special pass to take her to her appointments on base. :) Or just have to have your boyfriend sponsor you on the base.

Hi everyone,
We are moving to RAF Fairford which I believe is a US airforce base at the moment?
We've just been allocated a house and move in 3 weeks friday. Very excited to be moving again although we have enjoyed our 2 years at Lyneham.
Anyone been there, will be there etc?? Thought I'd ask as there's alot of US military Mummies on here xxx

Military Branch: British Army
How long he's been in: 8 years
Currently Deployed? Waiting to go!!?? :sad2: As his battallion are currently in Afgan now. But has done tours.
How long you've been together: 4 years

I'm used to the army lifestyle. Such as the last minute schedules and decisions that often happen!! Which still annoys my man, despite how long he has been in the army and how they work - been unorganised at times (as stated above last min decisions etc....)!!

xx

Name: Kelsey
Military Branch:Air Force
How long he's been in:1 year
Currently Deployed?: Nope, not yet.
How long you've been together: 2 years, married for 1
How do you like the Military Life? I honestly am so used to it I don't know what life is like outside of it :rofl:

We need to get this thread going again :thumbup: How about what base everyone is at? Maybe we can meet some new BnB buddies near us :winkwink: We're at Holloman AFB in New Mexico, USA. x

Hey ladies!!! How is everyone? I'd love to get this thread going again... My husband recently just graduated AIT and we are now in the process of getting ready to move to our FDS in Germany!!! I am so excited! I've never been to Europe. We will be living there for 3 years. I am scared to leave my family and move to a foreign country but I am so excited about the adventure. We are also currently TTC #2!

Name:Chantal
How long he's been in: just signed
Currently Deployed?: not yet, Leaves for Basic in March
How long you've been together: Almost a year, getting married on the 25th.
How do you like the Military Life?:

My fiance leaves for Basic in March, comes back for 2 weeks in May and then leaves again for 6 months for more training. Is there anyway I'll be able to go with him since he's leaving for that long? Or will it have to be an off base move?

Name:Chantal
How long he's been in: just signed
Currently Deployed?: not yet, Leaves for Basic in March
How long you've been together: Almost a year, getting married on the 25th.
How do you like the Military Life?:

My fiance leaves for Basic in March, comes back for 2 weeks in May and then leaves again for 6 months for more training. Is there anyway I'll be able to go with him since he's leaving for that long? Or will it have to be an off base move?

Usually if AIT is over 20 weeks you are authorized to move with him to AIT, you wont know until he graduates from Basic though. My husband AIT was 24 weeks and i was allowed to move with him but decided not to (bad decision... I wish I had) Whats his MOS? mine is 25N, signal, so he'll probably be going to gordon for AIT

Can I join?

Name: Amanda (dh is Ron)
How long he's been in: 13 years
Currently Deployed?: has been and will be.
How long you've been together: almost 4 years
How do you like the Military Life? I dont care for it. He leaves every few months to teach soldiers (warriors now) for their deployment. He leaves again in a few weeks for a month. Then we will leave for California in March for 1-3 years. Active which scares the hell outta me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->