Military Wives/Fiances/Girlfriends Support Group

Name: Sheila
Military Branch: Royal Navy
How long he's been in: 20 years
Currently Deployed?: He is in England....me Scotland
How long you've been together: 4 years
How do you like the Military Life?: I left the British Army a while ago and I don't live in the military environment anymore, he is due to leave in less than 2 years and we are not married. Cant sell house in this economic climate and no point in uprooting me and my ds .

So living apart for now and ttc for the last 3 years...2 m/c's one in 2009 and one in August.....hate the time apart but won't be forever.

Hello to all you lovely ladies out there xx

Hey ladies!!! How is everyone? I'd love to get this thread going again... My husband recently just graduated AIT and we are now in the process of getting ready to move to our FDS in Germany!!! I am so excited! I've never been to Europe. We will be living there for 3 years. I am scared to leave my family and move to a foreign country but I am so excited about the adventure. We are also currently TTC #2!

You will love Germany, whereabouts are you posted? I was over there with the British Army for 3.5 years and loved loved loved it.

I have been to your state too, where in Conneticut are you?

Name:Chantal
Military Branch: Army
How long he's been in: just signed
Currently Deployed?: not yet, Leaves for Basic in March
How long you've been together: Almost a year, getting married on the 25th.
How do you like the Military Life?:

My fiance leaves for Basic in March, comes back for 2 weeks in May and then leaves again for 6 months for more training. Is there anyway I'll be able to go with him since he's leaving for that long? Or will it have to be an off base move?

Usually if AIT is over 20 weeks you are authorized to move with him to AIT, you wont know until he graduates from Basic though. My husband AIT was 24 weeks and i was allowed to move with him but decided not to (bad decision... I wish I had) Whats his MOS? mine is 25N, signal, so he'll probably be going to gordon for AIT

My fiance is 15juliet. I think he might be going to Eustis(?). But his recruiter said that he might not come home after BCT and that I couldn't move for his AIT. :cry:

Hey ladies!!! How is everyone? I'd love to get this thread going again... My husband recently just graduated AIT and we are now in the process of getting ready to move to our FDS in Germany!!! I am so excited! I've never been to Europe. We will be living there for 3 years. I am scared to leave my family and move to a foreign country but I am so excited about the adventure. We are also currently TTC #2!

You will love Germany, whereabouts are you posted? I was over there with the British Army for 3.5 years and loved loved loved it.

I have been to your state too, where in Conneticut are you?

Hello and welcome!! :) I love hearing about people who have been to Germany. He was stationed in Schweinfurt but now his orders changed to Mannheim, so we aren't really sure which one we will be going to yet since it seems like the Mannheim base is closing! So confused but we will find out more when he gets there in 2 weeks. I am very very excited. I do love connecticut and of course am sad to leave all my friends and family, but I'm ready for a new adventure and it's always been my dream to be able to see Europe! Id rather not post exactly where I am in CT but it's suburb area and gorgeous here, its fall currently so the leaves are just starting to change, my absolute favorite season.

My fiance leaves for Basic in March, comes back for 2 weeks in May and then leaves again for 6 months for more training. Is there anyway I'll be able to go with him since he's leaving for that long? Or will it have to be an off base move?

Usually if AIT is over 20 weeks you are authorized to move with him to AIT, you wont know until he graduates from Basic though. My husband AIT was 24 weeks and i was allowed to move with him but decided not to (bad decision... I wish I had) Whats his MOS? mine is 25N, signal, so he'll probably be going to gordon for AIT

My fiance is 15juliet. I think he might be going to Eustis(?). But his recruiter said that he might not come home after BCT and that I couldn't move for his AIT. :cry:

That is sad hun I'm sorry! My husband couldnt come home in the middle of BCT/AIT either :( But I went down to Oklahoma and saw him graduate and got to see him for a weekend which was really nice. Also if you end up not being able to move while he is in AIT, its possible to visit him and for him to come home if they ever have a 4 day weekend while he's in (my husband had 3 4 day weekends and came home for one of them which was awesome!) the time will go by so slowly while he's in BCT since there is little to no contact. But my husband was able to call every sunday which was nice. But in AIT he will have his phone and computer and will be able to call you all the time. I'm not going to lie it was rough and really hard but I had my son to look after and with going to school and working the time eventually flew by. He is home right now on leave and its been so amazing... he is leaving soon for germany but I will be joining him within 2 months. Army life is rough but it comes with so many benefits and it really has shown me how strong I am and that I can overcome so much. It has also brought me and my husband closer and we are able to communicate much better than we ever have. Overall its hard but its so worth it. Good luck with everything and cherish all the time you have together before he leaves. :flower:

That is sad hun I'm sorry! My husband couldnt come home in the middle of BCT/AIT either :( But I went down to Oklahoma and saw him graduate and got to see him for a weekend which was really nice. Also if you end up not being able to move while he is in AIT, its possible to visit him and for him to come home if they ever have a 4 day weekend while he's in (my husband had 3 4 day weekends and came home for one of them which was awesome!) the time will go by so slowly while he's in BCT since there is little to no contact. But my husband was able to call every sunday which was nice. But in AIT he will have his phone and computer and will be able to call you all the time. I'm not going to lie it was rough and really hard but I had my son to look after and with going to school and working the time eventually flew by. He is home right now on leave and its been so amazing... he is leaving soon for germany but I will be joining him within 2 months. Army life is rough but it comes with so many benefits and it really has shown me how strong I am and that I can overcome so much. It has also brought me and my husband closer and we are able to communicate much better than we ever have. Overall its hard but its so worth it. Good luck with everything and cherish all the time you have together before he leaves. :flower:

Thanks so much! I didn't know that they were allowed leaves or that I could visit. It really sucks because he only gets a little time with me and his son after out baby is born in Dec. Plus next year we will be newly weds. Not exactly how I imagined us spending it. He knows it's going to be super hard. My last bf was in the Army too. But he was reserves so it wasn't as hard. I'm just really glad there are threads like these on here because I don't know what I would do next year without any support. :nope:

Name: Anna

How long he's been in: 8 long years!

Currently Deployed?: Yes - in Afghan :cry:

How long you've been together: Finally made things offical just over 8 months ago but we have been on and off since we were teenagers!

How do you like the Military Life?: I'd be lying if I said I loved it all the time. I loved some of it; being proud of my man, seeing him leave for work in his uni, the security the army brings, the chance to travel as a family as we head into our future together, the look on our daughters face when she sees a soldier or chinook fly over and screams Daddy! Other parts I really hated - the unknown, not knowing one day to the next where you stand, the long lonely nights, the control the Army has over our life.

I'm so glad I've found this group on here as I must say this tour has taken it out of me and I would love to have a group of girls to share the highs and lows of military life with x

Hello and welcome! I feel exactly the same about the military so far... I'm not a fan of how lonely it gets, no one can prepare you for that... definitely come on here and help me keep this going because I really think BnB needs a military support area. x

Hello and welcome! I feel exactly the same about the military so far... I'm not a fan of how lonely it gets, no one can prepare you for that... definitely come on here and help me keep this going because I really think BnB needs a military support area. x

Yeah I totally agree with you! I wasn't sure if to join a baby group or a military wag group but I definately think I made the right choice joining here especially if we can keep this group going! x

Yeah definitely!! You can always join 2 groups. I have a son and I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant with #2!! So happy, got pregnant first month ttc when DH came home on leave! x

So some good news, I just got married! Now to start the newlywed year off next year alone! lol Army life, here I come.

So some good news, I just got married! Now to start the newlywed year off next year alone! lol Army life, here I come.

omg congrats :happydance: thats so exciting!! I wish you all the best in your marriage. It's actually our 1 year anniversary coming up, which I will spend alone but we celebrated it early this year..

Hello. :]

Just wondering, are there any other ladies here who are currently pregnant with a deployed OH? Or anyone who has recently been in this situation?

My husband is deployed until sometime early next year (not sure if he'll be back before or after the baby comes... but oh well) and I would looove to talk to some other girls who can relate to some of the things I'm feeling at the moment! With nesting instinct kicking in my brain is going into a loop of frantically preparing things and being anxious to have my husband back safe and sound RIGHT NOW. The second trimester was a breeze emotionally, but I feel like I'm going crazy all of a sudden. I just need to get through the next few months, but I am so impatient and restless. :p I hate how normal deployment anxieties are magnified by pregnancy hormones. Grrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->