milk at 8 months

foxyroxie

Reaction score
how much should he be having hes cut himself down 2 1 bottle so thats 7oz a day is that enough?

I thought there were still meant to have around 20 ounces of formula during the day at that age (obviously Hannah's not there yet so I'm not positive)

They are supposed to have 17oz a day until 1 year old.
If he is really only having 1 bottle you need to try and get him to take more. No more advice though really, my LO still takes 8oz every 3 hours during the day.

summer has gone off her milk loads i still give her 4 bottles a day but its a struggle for her to have them she is more interested in her food, i took her to HV today and she said make sure she has breakfast like weetabix etc made with milk and yoghurts for calcium etc but he should really be having a bit more than that still.

Why dont you try offering little and often if he's refusing to take his milk.

x

he has cows milk in his breakfast and has peti filous (sp) yoghurt with his dinner or tea and he will have his 7oz bottle inthe morning when he wakes up ill try and give him a bottle before bed he just doesnt seem to settle proply with it

oh and hes not refusing huni he has his tea at 5 then hes been going bed at 6 then not getting back up again till 5.30

like said above i thought was 17oz till there 1.
Amber has 2, 9oz bottles 1 in morning, 1 before bed, sometimes she leaves 1-2oz's it really depends on how much shes ate that day.

I would try putting him to bed later, 6 is early and he won't be ready for a bottle after his tea at 5

I would try tea at 4.30 then bottle at 7 and then the little man might sleep to 6.30-7:shrug:

I would try and get at least 1 more bottle into him though. My son who is 3 done that at aged 6 months and absolutely refused any milk from his bottle/cup at all so I syringe fed him until he was 1 and got 20 oz's into him every day that way.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->