Milkman...

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
A milkman came to my door just now asking if we would like the service and tbh i didnt even know there were any about anymore! i thought it might be a good idea though as i have to be honest,we do get through it quite quick and OH is forever nipping to the shop for milk. Also,these trips to the shop to buy milk are costing us as we always end up picking up other bits that we dont need!

i couldnt think off the top of my head how much we went through so i said put me down for 3 per week for now and when OH comes home ill ask him and ring tomorrow to change it.

Does this sound like a good idea? It is 1.95 for 3 pints delivered monday,wednesday and friday so 65p per pint...is this good? i never look at the price of milk :shrug::dohh:

Oh and the reason for posting in here.....How much do your toddlers drink through the week? :D :flower:

Sounds about right for our house. We buy a 4 pint every 2-3 days depending on whether we have cereal for breakfast etc. Earl has 1-2 cups for milk per day (morning and evening). We use quite a lot of milk though as a family lol.

That's expensive for a pint of milk. But might work out cheaper for you if you keep buying extra bits when you meant to get just milk!

I had a milkman come over and ask if i want the service, i did and i told him how many i wanted and it was ok, I could easily change the order if i wanted more/less however sometimes they would give me skimmed instead of full fat, or only give me one pint instead of 2, etc, and then i figured out it was a lot more expensive than in the shops and i'd be better off just nipping to the shops when i need more milk! Lol.

i never look at the price and i just buy...half the time i come out with organic which has cost me like £2 for a couple of pints :dohh: i can be pretty careless :blush:

We always come back with sweet bits etc so im sure it would work out better tbh...might give it a go and see how we get on :)xx

We did try buying a load then freezing it but it tasted weird...well to me anyway lol x

I do a monthly online shop and buy 8 litres of milk which has just run out 14 days later for the two of us! LO is still on Follow on.

Milk man does work out more expensive but if you buy unneccessaries when you go to buy milk it may work out cheaper.

I'd hate for the milkman to go but then i dont use them!

I suppose with having LOs now we do need to look at the prices more often. I mean,we get through alot of milk and even more once Jack is drinking it!

We do a monthly shop online and put £20 in the pot at home for milk and other bits. The other bits we dont really and more often than not we take out another £10 :dohh:

I think ill try with 6 pints,2 on a monday,wednesday and friday and that comes to £15.60 a month...ill get enough cash for that then that will save me about £15 a month...hopefully if i can control the cravings for sweet stuff!

I buy 16 pints of milk a week.
I leave 2 x 4 pints in the fridge and then freeze the other 2 and get them out when i see theres only half a bottle left in the fridge.
It works out at about £4 a week [2 x 4pints for £2 in Asda]...
3 pints for almost £2 sounds alot...esp cos my LO drinks alot of milk still.

we have a milkman here, and it comes from a local farm so no miles

We pay 50p a pint (comes in glass bottles too lol) and 75p for 6 eggs

yes a milkman works out ever so slightly more expensive but we see it as supporting the local farmer so all good, and it will be alot fresher than from the shop (the milk we get delivered on say a wednesday was milked on tuesday)

haha the big 4 pinters are 1.18 in tesco or they do do a brand for £1 for 4 pints. I get 3 four pinters with the tesco delviery on a monday and usually have to get another 8 ppints - I have twins though x

Our milkman left a long time ago...they use to do orange juice and bread around this way.

If they came back I'd consider using them, mainly for the kids!

I had a milkman come over and ask if i want the service, i did and i told him how many i wanted and it was ok, I could easily change the order if i wanted more/less however sometimes they would give me skimmed instead of full fat, or only give me one pint instead of 2, etc, and then i figured out it was a lot more expensive than in the shops and i'd be better off just nipping to the shops when i need more milk! Lol.

We had this problem with our milkman too so we cancelled the service and now get it from the shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->