**Minor Update Page 9** My 3 day, traumatic (failed) induction... :(

The pessary in the UK (and I assume the same in the USA) is like a small tampon thing and it contains prostaglandins to ripen the cervix. Nothing like the seaweed sticks that the OP is talking about. Those sound barbaric :(

i have had this done when i lived in the UK, I just figured this was what was done..

gees Im sorry it was not what was talked about but since I had it done im guessing its an option..:shrug::shrug:

btw it doesnt hurt but light period cramps so i do not see IT BEING BARBARIC...

AGAIN GEES!

whatever the OP is using I hope she has her LO in her arms safe and sound by now (hug)

Your cervix was forcible dilated in the UK?

when living in Stirlingshire married there and pregnant with my daughter they did this to help my prodromal labor speed up...so the answer would be yes as I was in labor 5 days already.

I really hope no news is good news and that the OP has had her little baby safely by now :hugs:

I looked and she has been active every day since but hasn't posted anything since this thread. I've been hoping the activity on her profile is a good sign.

I really hope you're okay and have had your baby naturally by now. Xxx

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and support. I wish I could sit down and write a reply to everyone individually, but that will have to come when I'm not in and out of the hospital every other day :( I keep starting to write an update and then something else bad happens... but now that I'm home (for at least a day) I will try to make it somewhat short.

First, baby is fine... but still in my tummy :( They say she needs to come out because of her low and unchanging weight but refuse to give me a C-section (they say for legal reasons) because the baby isn't in distress due to the (now 5.5 days total) of pitocin (among other things). I'm still only 3cm dilated and in the most unbelievable pain. I feel like I've been hit by a car... seriously. My husband and I literally left the hospital last night against Dr.'s orders because after another 7 hours of pitocin, nothing was changing. I was begging for them to just do something or let me leave and the head midwife said "Well, we COULD maybe give you a few more hours of pitocin but the anesthesiologist is already gone and no offense but I'm SURE you can't handle the pain without an epidural". Not only did that completely kill my self confidence to EVER have a natural birth, now I'm sitting here thinking there's something wrong with me... like, why does she think that only I can't handle it but all these other women can? So now we can add that to my long list of fears about this (and future) childbirth experiences.

So yeah, we left. Afterwards I had regular and painful contractions free of pitocin for over 6 hours so we called the hospital and they basically told me to stay home until they got worse and if they didn't, then to come back on Thursday morning (coincidentally, my due date) to check my progress.

Theres soooo much more to this story but between the induction, the pain and sleeping I couldn't possibly write it all out now. Thank you all so much for keeping up with this... It's really so nice to think that so many strangers care about me and my baby :cry: Especially when it seems like my own doctor and hospital don't give a crap. Hopefully this week I will have Norah in my arms and I never have to go back to that wretched place again.

Omg Hun, I'm SO sorry that you are still going through this! I was hoping you were home snuggling with your new daughter, not stuck on this roller coaster STILL! Please stay strong, soon LO will be here and you can give that awful place the finger and never return. Praying for you!!

Btw, that wretched midwife sounds like a cold-hearted you know what. And she is completely wrong, you can labor and birth however you desire. If you can handle what they have put you through, you can handle ANYTHING!

Aaw. I so thought your silence was due to the fact that you were blissfully happy staring into your new babies eyes. Not long now for you I hope. <<big hugs>> come on baby time to show your face and give u both a little rest with well deserved cuddles. X

I agree with TriChick, if you can handle this experience then you can handle ANYTHING. You have been incredibly brave while these crazy doctors and midwives have put you through hell. I can't believe they have been so rude to you.
The fact that you have had regular contractions WITHOUT Pitocin shows that your "natural" labor must be underway. The baby clearly wants out! When Norah is here you will be so happy.

That is horrible..I cant believe they keep letting you stop and start up..how terrible

my heart goes out to you and ur bun in the over :hugs:

God, if they were my medical team I just don't know what I'd do! You are an incredibly strong woman, I applaude you for that :hugs:

Thank you for the update. We've been really worried. I hope your labor naturally gets going soon so you don't have to put up with this treatment any longer. Hope you'll have your LO in your arms soon.

I think you're a lot stronger than I could be in your situation. *sending good vibes you and little Norah's way* xx

I'm just really appalled by the treatment and care you've been receiving. I didn't like what your mw said, that's not her place to say. All she had to say was that the anesthesiologist wasn't there anymore and should have left you to decide. I'm so sorry you've been going through all of this. I can not imagine the pain you're going through it physically, mentally, and emotionally. Sorry, maybe I missed it, but why did you needed to be induced? Because it seems as if maybe the induction meds have a side effect that interferes with the natural process. I certainly hope your lo will make her appearance very soon so you can finally hold her and get a mental break from this hospitalization. Hugs!

Nyannyankat, I am sorry to hear that are making you go through such pain. Hopefully everything would turnout fine. Just keep fighting and Norah, would be in your arms soon.

I agree with pp that said you are stronger than you think , im just so glad your well as we have all been worried for you . Its amazing that we can all be thinking on eac h other yet are from all over the world . <3 <3 <3

Aww I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. I can't even imagine. It is amazing that you have gone through so much and are still standing. I really hope that your baby will come soon so you can start the healing process and the new chapter in your life. Just know that if you have already gone through all of this pain, you CAN do a natural delivery. It is not the place of someone else to tell you that you can't. If you want it, go for it. If you can't handle it, there is no shame in getting the pain relief. I personally am going to try to labor naturally, but if I can't handle it I'll get the walking epi..No shame.

I hope that they get their heads out of their you know whats and do something more productive for you and your baby. It seems like such bad practice to let you sit on pitocin for a short amount of time and take you off again. That is sure to put a body into a lot of distress. Not cool, not cool at all. I'm keeping my thoughts with you. I hope something happens for you really soon. :hugs:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're still going through this. We're all thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. Like others have said you are a strong lady to go through all of this.Certainly stronger than me. I hope you have your baby girl in your arms soon and can get home and recover. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->