*%* Miracles In The Making 2015 *%*

I only get 4 weeks paid maternity and then will add on my 4 weeks vacation and prob take another 2 unpaid to get to 10 weeks. So I am working until my water breaks...

My vent for the day...today was SUPPOSED to be my anatomy scan - I made the appointment 5 WEEKS ago. Got a confirmation text on Friday - responded confirm. Got a confirmation call on Sunday AND yesterday. Took the afternoon off of work, hubby took the day off, show up and "I" had cancelled the appointment via text. WHAT?!?!!? I showed them my phone where I confirmed it and the confirming texts and voicemails that followed. They had filled my slot YESTERDAY and couldn't fit me in today. I was so upset, I wanted to see my little guy! They might be able to fit me in Friday morning if I don't have a work conflict, otherwise next Tuesday. They apologized profusely and blamed office error - but still shouldn't I have had priority over someone who just got the appointment yesterday - or make the staff stay an extra 45 minutes since it was their mistake. Ugh. So no new pics today. Luckily I already know the sex, because I would have been REALLY upset if I was delayed finding out!

I only get 4 weeks paid maternity and then will add on my 4 weeks vacation and prob take another 2 unpaid to get to 10 weeks. So I am working until my water breaks...

My vent for the day...today was SUPPOSED to be my anatomy scan - I made the appointment 5 WEEKS ago. Got a confirmation text on Friday - responded confirm. Got a confirmation call on Sunday AND yesterday. Took the afternoon off of work, hubby took the day off, show up and "I" had cancelled the appointment via text. WHAT?!?!!? I showed them my phone where I confirmed it and the confirming texts and voicemails that followed. They had filled my slot YESTERDAY and couldn't fit me in today. I was so upset, I wanted to see my little guy! They might be able to fit me in Friday morning if I don't have a work conflict, otherwise next Tuesday. They apologized profusely and blamed office error - but still shouldn't I have had priority over someone who just got the appointment yesterday - or make the staff stay an extra 45 minutes since it was their mistake. Ugh. So no new pics today. Luckily I already know the sex, because I would have been REALLY upset if I was delayed finding out!

Oh no!! :nope::nope::nope: Im so sorry to hear this. Yes I would be pissed if I didnt get the anatomy scan yesterday when I confirmed it!! That is so not fair!! Im glad you knew the sex already. Oh they needed to apologize and Im sure they couldve fit you in!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

That really suck Moni - esp since you had it all confirmed

I'm going in tomorrow at 8am - they are coming in early to help accommodate us.

I'm going in tomorrow at 8am - they are coming in early to help accommodate us.

That's good! Still stinks you had to wait, I would have been so disappointed as well. Let us know how it goes!

All went well - he is definitely a boy! It was great to see him moving around like crazy. My placenta is on my stomach which could be why I havnt felt much. Here are a couple of the pics!

Attachments

• IMAG0218[1].jpg
    IMAG0218[1].jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
Awe so glad all is well Moni! He is adorable, cute profile. My placenta is anterior too so I pretty much only feel him if he kicks to the side or the top or bottom so some days I barely feel anything at all.

Glad you got to see him moving around!

Congrats Moni. Been missing u guys since I've been off work so I had to check in. I'm well. My baby kicks all the time. We've decided to name her Koreena Madyson. My middle name is Corrine, so it's close. Happy holidays guys!:hugs:

Lovely name! Jealous about the kicks...for now anyway!

Merry Christmas to all!

Lovely name MrsKC :)

Merry Christmas to everyone! Have a wonderful happy day :hugs:

That's a beautiful name MrsKC. I hope you all had a good holiday.

Doing well here so far. I've had some mild cramping but its been very light and I'm pretty sure it was more related to dehydration than anything. I drank a ton of water today and only felt it twice. He's moving around a lot so it makes me feel better.

I think this weekend I'm going to start looking at dates for the baby shower and who to invite. It's kinda scary that that will be soon. We are thinking mid February so the invites would need to go out in a few weeks. That seems so close but so far away lol.

Hooray for your scan, Moni!

I'm jealous of you picking a name, MrsKC. This one will have DH's name (family name), so I didn't get to pick a name this time. Boo.

Dini - I've been getting some BH cramps too. Happens when I'm tired or dehydrated. Big glass of water and put your feet up for a bit.

Hi to everyone else!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and enjoys their New Year's! My NYE is Noon Year's Eve with my 2yo DD. It's a kid's party with a balloon drop at noon instead of midnight. Then I'm going to get some sparkling cider and see if I make it to midnight this year! :dohh:

Radkat that sounds like lots of fun! I hope you both enjoy it!

I have to work New Years Day at 7am so I won't be staying up till midnight which makes me sad, it's the first NYE that I can recall not staying up. Although I woke up today with a bad case of bronchitis and I'm afraid I may not be well enough to work Thursday but I have no choice, I can't miss a holiday. I have a doctor's appt with my family doc in the morning so if he thinks it's bacterial I can get some antibiotics. I'm just miserable, the coughing and wheezing is awful and of course I can't sleep.

Seems LO isn't really affected, he's been dancing away in there.

Hi all!! I'm doing well. Thanks for the compliments on the names. I'm enjoying being out of school for two weeks but I have to go back on Friday. I'm so sad about it!😭 I really wish I could quit even though I love teaching id like to stay at home more than anything! Well blessed anyway. Happy New Years if I miss you all!!

Hi ladies. Sorry haven't been on here for such a long time! Horrible flu after Christmas..but finally feeling better.
Have our dating scan on Wednesday!! :yipee:
After reading through a lot of your posts I am shocked by how little maternity leave everyone gets! In Canada, we get a year off! The first 15 weeks, I believe, is maternity leave and then the remainder is called parental leave..which mother or father can take. This is provided by the government. Yes, we don't get paid our full amount that we would have been paid through work, its a percentage based on income and family members etc. though some employers do top up to full for the maternity portion. I think it is horrible that so many of you are basically forced to leave your newborns so quickly! :nope: :hugs:

Hi ladies. Sorry haven't been on here for such a long time! Horrible flu after Christmas..but finally feeling better.
Have our dating scan on Wednesday!! :yipee:
After reading through a lot of your posts I am shocked by how little maternity leave everyone gets! In Canada, we get a year off! The first 15 weeks, I believe, is maternity leave and then the remainder is called parental leave..which mother or father can take. This is provided by the government. Yes, we don't get paid our full amount that we would have been paid through work, its a percentage based on income and family members etc. though some employers do top up to full for the maternity portion. I think it is horrible that so many of you are basically forced to leave your newborns so quickly! :nope: :hugs:

Yes its unfortunate but Im happy to enjoy those 4 precious months with my baby and being a teacher, I have a lot of off day perks and complete summers/christmas/new years off so I definitely wont complain.:winkwink:. I go back to work tomorrow, happy its 2015 and its getting closer to delivery. Im so excited to celebrate this last baby unless God says otherwise. Have a good day all!:hugs:

Here are some pics of my little bean. Snuggled in nicely, measuring 8 weeks +1 so I must have implanted late. She said it has a very strong heartbeat of 170 bpm so that's reassuring! She also found a small hematoma above the sac so she said I might get a little bit of bleeding, and not to worry. So I can breathe a little sigh of relief that little beany baby is doing just fine.

https://i62.tinypic.com/161ykwo.jpg

https://i58.tinypic.com/sg6es9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back