• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*%* Miracles In The Making 2015 *%*

Those are adorable!! What a cute idea!

Thanks! I got them on Etsy.com. You take a pic of baby every month and stick it on them. They come personalized or not. Etsy.com has become my new baby best friend:haha:. Im ordering a car seat canopy next from carseatcanopy.com. Hope you girls are doing well!!:hugs:

Cute stickers :)

Had an u/s to check on baby last week, and having another this Friday. He was in a breech position last week, which is why they want to check to see what position he is in on Friday. I am assuming that if he still is, they'll try and turn him? Going for acupuncture tomorrow to see if it helps anything.

Had my work baby shower at lunch today - it went well.

Cute stickers :)

Had an u/s to check on baby last week, and having another this Friday. He was in a breech position last week, which is why they want to check to see what position he is in on Friday. I am assuming that if he still is, they'll try and turn him? Going for acupuncture tomorrow to see if it helps anything.

Had my work baby shower at lunch today - it went well.

Oh wow you are nearly due:happydance:. Praying that baby turns around and you wont have to endure the drs doing it. Good luck:hugs:

Hope he turns for you River. Hard to believe you are already at that point of checking his position! Good luck!!

yup - he turned :) u/s today confirmed he is now head down, butt in my right ribs...

Hope he stays this way!

MrsKC - I love the stickers! I did the regular ones with DD and it's great to look back on those and know for sure how old she was in the pics. For her 1st bday, we put a little book together of all of her pictures with the stickers.

Dini - We use cloth and love them. As long as you have access to laundry, it's really not that much more difficult and SOOO much cheaper. I have to buy disposable for DD's day care and I'm always shocked at how much they cost

Yay for head down babies, River! Me too. I had my 36 US on Wednesday and LO is head down, spine off to my right side. Estimated weight as 6lbs 5 oz right now, which is great bc that's pretty much what DD was at 36 weeks. I was afraid he might be a lot bigger. I also talked to my dr about wanting a natural birth (DD was induced and I had a epidural) and all the things that go along with that and she was fine with everything, e.g. not being hooked up to monitors continuously, being able to move around, mother directed pushing, alternative pushing position. I'm very happy with all of that bc my first labor/delivery was very different.

yup - he turned :) u/s today confirmed he is now head down, butt in my right ribs...

Hope he stays this way!

Yay River and Radkat!! Wow your babies will be in your arms very soon.:happydance::happydance: I almost cant wait but then again those sleepless nights worry me, LOL.:haha: Im happy and sad because at 40 this will probably be our last baby. I think its time to just watch them grow:shrug:

Anyone starting to feel tired all the time again?? It seems like since venturing into third tri Im getting more and more lazy!! and sleepy!! Maybe its just me:shrug:

Not just you... I feel like I should have afternoon naps...but with work, no can do...

I'm behind you but also sleeping a lot more on the weekends (when I can!)

Yes to the tired thing! Wishing sometimes I hadn't given up caffeine lol. I'm not worried about the sleepless nights. I'm ready there. If I get three hours it's a miracle. My carpal tunnel is so bad it wakes me up about every 30 min after a few hours and I end up getting up a few extra times to walk around the house and move my arms. After that sleep just doesn't happen.

Radkat, that's so great your doc is good with the natural birth. Some aren't and I just don't get that, except they like to be in control.

I haven't talked to my midwives about that yet but they are midwives so they are likely pro natural.

I feel like my little guy is facing my back again because I don't feel his movements as strong or often again except when he kicks or hits my cervix. He did it today when I got out of the tub and it doubled me over! Way worse than a bad Pap smear!

Glad im not the only one tired..whew!! My little girl kicks all the time. She does it so often that when she isnt kicking Im surprised. I feel like Im so behind in buying baby stuff. I havent bought anything!! I really need to get with it. My baby shower is 4/11 so hoping to get lots of good stuff then.:thumbup:

I've been exhausted all week as well. Finally finished the registry though!

Glad im not the only one tired..whew!! My little girl kicks all the time. She does it so often that when she isnt kicking Im surprised. I feel like Im so behind in buying baby stuff. I havent bought anything!! I really need to get with it. My baby shower is 4/11 so hoping to get lots of good stuff then.:thumbup:

I haven't bought anything either! Thought I was the only one! Is your shower not until April? Mine is Feb. 28th. and that is already making me nervous. I just made a list of things we MUST have from the registry and their cost prior to babies arrival so I have an idea how much I may have to spend if we don't get them. I'm really worried we won't get the expensive items like the travel system and play yard. I actually put the crib on the "nice to have" prior to babies arrival because I figure he won't sleep in it at first, but the nursery sure will look funny without it!

Also the nursery isn't done yet:nope: I was hoping it would be done by this week but we put new flooring down (DH did it himself and he's new to that) and it took 2 days longer than expected and his vacation is over today so he didn't get to finish the nursery. Still have to do a majority of the trim, paint it and do the baseboards. I really wanted a new door but that will probably have to wait till after he's born. We have had so many new expenses lately with the new floor, we have new furniture in layaway, we need to replace the windows in the nursery soon and today we had to replace two tires and a tie rod on our relatively new car, so that was another large expense.

I also had to take two days off this week due to back pain and that takes away nearly a week of my maternity leave and it makes me really upset. If we can save some extra money somehow in the next 2-3 months I can take leave without pay for a few weeks but we will have to have about an extra $1000 saved for me to take just 2 weeks with no pay. I don't see that happening. We are also supposed to go to Florida to see DH's great grandma while I'm on leave the first week of June, assuming I will still be off then and we can afford it. OMG...when I put all that in writing it doesn't look promising!

MrsKC - Sleep is not coming easy for me either. My hips are really bothering me at night and twice this week I've had pretty intense pains in my round ligaments. It's weird bc they come and go for about an hour, then let up. I know LO is sitting on my right side and it's my right ligament, so I'm guessing that's it. It's always after I'm trying to go to sleep too.

Dini - I totally understand the money issues. I'd wait until your shower to buy anything. If nothing else, hopefully you'll get some gift cards and you can put them towards whatever you need most. Remember that a lot of places (I'm pretty sure Babies R Us and Target) offer discounts on whatever is on your registry after the baby's due date. I think it's 10%, but that's better than nothing.

Hi to River and Moni!

AFM - I scheduled my acupuncture appointment to encourage LO's arrival. One for 39+5 and one for 40 weeks. I'm pretty excited about it actually. Next week is my last week of work. Woo hoo! I have so many plans for maternity leave - go see a movie, get a pedicure, lots of prenatal yoga. Hooray for maternity leave! :happydance:

Enjoy your leave Radkat!! I have been wondering about acupuncture myself. Let us know how it goes for you!

Hey ladies - hope you feel better and can work out the leave situation. I haven't bought anything, but have gotten some handmedowns. I finally finished my registry. We don't have a separate room for the baby in this apartment - so no nursery, or nursery related items. The crib will be in our bedroom and I've emptied out some of my drawers for baby clothes. We are just going to get a changing pad and place it on top of our dresser as well. First shower is in cali in 2 weeks with my family. Will likely have another for hubbys family and perhaps one for friends. Hope to get a lot of stuff so that we don't have to put out too much moola.

Moni, we just finished our registry as well and are also hoping not to have to put out too much money. My shower is the 28th and I just can't wait!

Hi ladies! I have gotten hand me downs to which I love and am so appreciative for! I haven't finished my registry, and actually hadn't thought much about it. FYI, what I've noticed in my family and friends is that they never get stuff off your list. They just get you whatever they want. They might ask you where u are registered and go there but they won't look at your list:haha: So I'm not stressing that. I have the bedding and table from my son so we are ok there. I'm broke too so we haven't been able to get the room together and im afraid that if we don't start soon the baby will be here! I'll have to get hubby on board this weekend. I'm lazy too so I got to get my butt in gear!:shrug:

I am trying out acupuncture today to prep for lo arrival :)

Been getting a bunch of BH for the past day. It is more annoying than anything. Though last night 1 side hurt, and then hurt more when a BH came...ugh woke me from sleep. I ended up sleeping kinda propped up, and that alleviated it. I am guessing my body is finally starting to prep! Hopefully the acupuncture won't compound it. He still needs to cook for at least another week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->