• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*%* Miracles In The Making 2015 *%*

Good to see you Canadabear. I also had a terrines flu that started just before new year and am still fighting it but on the mend.

I agree, and I'm jealous of how much you get off! I won't even get the full 12 weeks because we only get 6wks partially paid maternity leave and 6 weeks we can take with vacation pay but I will only have enough for maybe 2-3 more weeks. I was really hoping for 10 weeks total. If we can afford it I'll take the last week without pay but I have to be able to pay for my insurance out of pocket the time i take without pay :-(

I do just work 3 days a week though, but it's 12-13 hour shifts and I'm gone from home a total of 15 hours each of those days. But it gives me 4 full days off a week.

Hope you all are doing well so far this year!

Hooray for a good scan, Caribbean!

Dini - I'm sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Ugh to crappy maternity leaves. My agency give 4 months, some people take more unpaid. I'll be leaving my agency after this baby so I'll get more, but that's because we're moving across the country and I'll be looking for a new place to live and job! Not exactly relaxing!

So I just want to vent about how badly I'm sleeping lately. Usually I sleep like a rock, so I'm a bit of a baby about it, but I've been getting nights of lying awake for hours, or falling asleep, then awake again to pee/change position/whatever. :growlmad: Oh well, 6 weeks to go!

Lol radkat I hope your sleep gets better. I never sleep like a rock and it still drives me nuts to have change position so much or get up to pee or just not be able to sleep.

I have insomnia anyway but of course can't take the medication that works for me at this time. Although it got a lot better when I switched to working days from nights.

Do you have a pregnancy pillow? I hear they are great.

Dini - Ugh insomnia. I have so much sympathy to anyone who can't sleep. I have a barricade of pillows. :haha:

Just got back from the dr and she said she thinks baby is head down. :happydance: I'll have my ultrasound in 2 weeks to know for sure, but happy that she thinks so at this point.

Thanks for the well wishes... this cough just won't let up!! Very frusterating - but on the plus, my scan went really well. Measuring EXACTLY for my dates, looks good and heartbeat 166. Finally feeling like this is REAL! :happydance:

yay canadabear!

Radkat - awesome about headdown :)
I hear you about the no sleeping part - I wake up a couple times to go to the washroom at night, and a bunch more times to switch sides I am lying on - hip pain. OH snores, which makes it harder to go back to sleep...

tip for the snoring - push him onto his side - works for me!

Hi to everyone! You all are getting so close!!!

tip for the snoring - push him onto his side - works for me!

Hi to everyone! You all are getting so close!!!

Actually Moni we are all getting close! Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Have a monster headache today and am so congested that I can barely hear and it's really annoying!

Hi ladies! Glad all of you are well and yes we are getting so close. After my next appt we go every two weeks to obgyn...wow. Here is a pic of me on my 40th! Enjoy your day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
MrsKC you look radiant!!!

I am also on every 2 weeks now and I was so shocked!! Hopefully will make it go by faster!

Mrskcbrown - you look great!!

We are slowly getting stuff ready. Since we both still work fulltime, we seem to only have the weekends to actually do anything, and then we feel like relaxing - ha ha
But, we have most things ready :)

Dini - Hope you feel better!

MrsKC - You look great!

River - Yep, I'm just now getting the urge to get stuff done. Made myself a list. I'm hoping that'll help with motivation. Luckily since it's my 2nd, I don't feel like there is as much to do. Get out the clothes, wash them. Eventually set up the cosleeper and carseat, but don't need those just yet. Oh and hospital bag. We live about 1 mile from the hospital so we don't have to worry too much about that either.

Thanks ladies you all are awesome.

Im no where near ready for this baby. I did order those stickers that you put on the baby monthly and take pics. They are personalized with her name. Im a couponer so Im trying to catch deals on diapers and etc, and start to stack up.

Im having a baby shower but kinda sad all of my friends are going to my other friends baby shower. Its her first so I guess I understand. They seem really excited for her and ask about her journey all the time and with me, its like whatever. We now live in different states so I guess Ill just be content with my new friends coming.:shrug: Oh well, wont cry over spilled milk.

Mrskc sorry about your shower, but I bet you will really enjoy the one you do have!!

I haven't started getting anything ready yet, I know I still have a little time, but DH has to finish the trim and paint the closet in his room and we need to clear out the cabinets and dressers in his room as well. He is finishing his room the end of this month when he takes vacation.

I am waiting to buy anything until after the shower but may start buying some diapers. I was really wanting to use cloth but I can't decide what I want to use so I may wait until he is born and gets out of newborn ones and try a few. I think we will just do them part time or maybe just use the disposable liners and covers. I really want to minimize the chemicals in them and use more environmentally friendly diapers, so I think I'm going to look into The Honest Co. diapers. Also going to try to just use washcloths when at home for wipes and maybe even on the go, I registered for a bunch of washcloths for that reason. Target has a coupon right now for a $25 gift card with a $100 purchase of diapers, wipes, formula and training pants and I'm tempted to buy some Honest Co. diapers with it and keep the gift card to use after the shower.

We will be using cloth diapers, but we agreed that for the first few weeks, we will use disposables.
OH picked out the cloth diapers he liked the best, and we went with that style. Since he has no experience one way or the other, he said he found the cloth to be pretty darn easy (he picked out the AI2 type)
- Note - it was really helpful to go to a local store that had a bunch of kinds that you could play around with - I think we spent a good 40min in there trying out and looking at all the diff styles. - also makes a good thing for the registry :)

though, I am actually making most of them in the style he picked...almost finished..sort of...I'll have to post a pic when I get them done - maybe that'll help with motivation!

We do have a local store maybe I will go look around later this week. She offers classes as well so I think that'd be handy to do.

I will be using disposables and regular baby wipes. I'm a couponer and so im starting to stockpile now. I've got my coupon binder ready and going to look for more this week. The only thing I'll do different this time around is attempt to breastfeed but since I had a breast reduction over 20 years ago, not too sure how it will work out as of yet. If it doesn't, my baby will be on formula and I will not beat myself up about it. I got some of those monthly stickers personalized and I'm very excited about those!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3
Those are adorable!! What a cute idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member