• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*%* Miracles In The Making 2015 *%*

I am trying out acupuncture today to prep for lo arrival :)

Been getting a bunch of BH for the past day. It is more annoying than anything. Though last night 1 side hurt, and then hurt more when a BH came...ugh woke me from sleep. I ended up sleeping kinda propped up, and that alleviated it. I am guessing my body is finally starting to prep! Hopefully the acupuncture won't compound it. He still needs to cook for at least another week!

Good luck!! So excited for you. I can't wait until my baby gets here.:hugs:

Let us know how the acupuncture goes.

I've actually already gotten a few small gifts from out Amazon registry in the mail from a friends mom and I love them! I got some washcloths that I'm going to use to make reusable baby wipes. I registered for a bunch more so if we don't get them I can still get 10% off. Oh and 30 weeks today! Come one April!

Yay for 30 weeks!! :happydance::happydance:

I failed my glucola test:shrug:. I dont eat any differently than my last baby. My Dr said it was elevated to 184!! I have to do the 3hr test! I keep having to take off from work for various Dr appts!! Im sure my principal hates it but I have no choice. Ill probably have to take this one without pay:nope:. Im disgusted about it but oh well:winkwink:

Acupuncture went well, relaxing. The lady says it is good if I go a few times before birth. Hopefully it'll make labour easier.. So I go back next Friday. Only this week and next work weeks to go, and I am off! Hopefully baby decides to come the first week I am off.. or sooner :)

I've been 'nesting'... got baby's room rearranged now to fit a cot in it for the first while. Been cleaning house more...It is odd, I kept having no energy, then bam - just want to get things done before he comes...but I can only do so much at once.

MrskcBrown - Sorry that you failed the glucose test - hopefully you pass the 3hr :)

Dini - yay for getting surprise stuff from your registry :)

Acupuncture went well, relaxing. The lady says it is good if I go a few times before birth. Hopefully it'll make labour easier.. So I go back next Friday. Only this week and next work weeks to go, and I am off! Hopefully baby decides to come the first week I am off.. or sooner :)

I've been 'nesting'... got baby's room rearranged now to fit a cot in it for the first while. Been cleaning house more...It is odd, I kept having no energy, then bam - just want to get things done before he comes...but I can only do so much at once.

MrskcBrown - Sorry that you failed the glucose test - hopefully you pass the 3hr :)

Dini - yay for getting surprise stuff from your registry :)

That is my hope too LOL!:hugs:

Ugh sorry for the results kc. I took mine this morning, waiting to hear back hoping I don't have to go back for the 3 hour. From what I understand though most people fail the 1 hour...

Good luck.

Ugh sorry for the results kc. I took mine this morning, waiting to hear back hoping I don't have to go back for the 3 hour. From what I understand though most people fail the 1 hour...

Good luck.

I hope you dont have to go back either!! Im just thinking about how long itll be before I eat. Drink that drink and then wait three hours. I feel like Ill starve to death LOL.:haha:

How long did it take you to get your initial results?

Yeah - I was so hungry after the hour...I didn't even think about having to wait another 2!

River - Glad you liked acupuncture. I'm going on Friday.

Dini - Yay for getting some registry gifts. How fun!

Moni - That's great that you have multiple showers. I did too with my first and it was great. She stayed in our room until she turned 1, then we moved her into DH's office. This one will be in our room until we move in June.

MrsKC - Sorry you failed your test. Maybe you'll pass the 3 hour. If not, it's not that big of a deal to test your blood sugar. I was able to eat pretty much normally, just nothing too sugary in the morning.

Had a dr's appt today. 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced. Hoping he comes during the week my parents are in town, starting this Friday. Ha, planning for a baby's arrival. :)

How long did it take you to get your initial results?

Yeah - I was so hungry after the hour...I didn't even think about having to wait another 2!

I got my results back in about 2 days!

Radkat- I actually had gestational diabetes with my first so I remember testing daily. I just didnt want to have to:nope:

Yep - failed the 1 hour - level was 152. Going back tomorrow morning for the 3 hour.

Radkat - hoping he waits for your parents...

Sorry you girls failed the one hour. I hope you pass the 3. I technically failed the 1 hour but barely. Most offices say you pass if it's under 140 but mine says 130 and I was 133. They are letting me check my sugar for two weeks instead of the 3 hour. I only have 5 more days to do it and so far all my numbers have been good.

Rad I hope your parents get to be there!

In The middle of the 3 hour now. Definitely harder then the 1 hour...

In The middle of the 3 hour now. Definitely harder then the 1 hour...

That's why I was hoping to avoid it. I think I prefer checking my blood sugar to taking it. The 1hr made me feel terrible too.

I really hope you pass this one!

Yep - failed the 1 hour - level was 152. Going back tomorrow morning for the 3 hour.

Mine was 184! So I was supposed to do the three hour test today and my insurance wouldnt cover it. So they are sending me to a high-risk maternal fetal medicine doctor. I guess this Dr will check my blood and do my follow up for gestational diabetes. My insurance would cover that which I think is crazy. You wont pay for a test but youll pay for doctor visits:shrug:. Anywho I will be going to the DR now almost weekly.

I have PCOS and am always borderline for diabetes because of this but I was thinking since I didnt have it with my middle child,I would get away with it this time too. Guess not LOL!

As long as my baby stays healthy, Im good:baby:

I hated those tests - where I am, they do a 2hr test instead of a 1 hr and possible 3 hr. It was soo boring sitting in the lab...
Hope all is fine with the 3hr Moni!

Mrskcbrown - that is crazy about the insurance.

KC - that is crazy - dont they realize that if you pass the 3 hour they are saving money?

I just looked up my results on the doctors website (no call yet) and they are all well below normal and the 3 hour is actually low. Weird. Hoping they dont think there was a mistake or lab error...I so do not want to do that again!

How are you feeling River?

Going for acupuncture again today.
OB said she'd do a sweep on Tuesday if I wanted. I'd be 38+3 then. Part of me wants it to work, and another part of me wants him to stay til 39w. But from what I've read, the sweep won't work unless your body was ready anyways, then it'd help kick it in gear for you.
Not getting as much sleep...I seem to turn about every 1.5hrs at night to relieve my hips. Then there is getting up to pee a couple times, and then OH snores if on a certain side, so I prod him typically til he moves...it is a process ;) But, on the bright side - I'll be ready for baby waking up this much!

Radkat - how are you?

I'm sorry so many people are haivng troubles with the GTTs. I told my dr that I didn't want to do the 3 hour and would rather test my bs. She had me test for a week and said I was fine. I still check it every so often to make sure I'm still OK.

I'm doing fine. Still pregnant. :) My parents come in tonight so that's good. More BHs but they're not regular. Going to acupuncture today and Monday. I'll get a sweep on Tuesday if nothing happens by then. My 2 yo DD said the baby's coming Monday, so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->