Mirena out on Friday - when to start charting?

fernie3

Reaction score
Hi!

We are about to start tv and I am having my mirena taken out Friday just wondering when I am supposed to start charting temps?

I have been having normal regular periods the whole time I have had my mirena.

I'd be inclined to wait til cd1 when you get first AF after it's taken out.

Good luck! X

I started charting right away when mine came out (it was expelled mid-cycle!). What point in your cycle will you be at when it's removed?

I'd start now just to get in the habit. At least write down the days you get your period and when you have sex. Lots of apps use prior periods for calculations and its good to see if there are any patterns in when you have sex. Couldn't hurt and if u start temping now u can always check the button to ignore that data later.

thanks I have bought a thermometer and i am going to use fertilityfriend since I used this with some of my other pregnancies.

Cant wait now (although a little nervous about actually getting this thing out!)

I started charting right away when mine came out (it was expelled mid-cycle!). What point in your cycle will you be at when it's removed?

I will be around 1 week off when I would expect a period but I dont know if having it removed will cause bleeding before then or not!

Wow, we need to keep in touch! I just had mine out Monday, 2 days into my cycle. I too have had light and regular periods in the 2 years had Mirena.

Since it's too late for me to start temping this cycle so I have only been monitoring CM. Luckily I seem to be O'ing/or getting ready to O based on CM alone. DH and I are waiting until next cycle to try, per Doctor recommendation. He thinks that its best to wait at least one cycle to allow the uterine lining to thicken back up after being suppressed by Mirena. I am VERY eager for next month :)

Don't sweat the removal. I feels like a big cramp and then your donw. WAY easier than getting it put in (OW!!) Just a heads up, I had some heavy bleeding and clotting 2 days after mirena, so be prepared! I was a bit freaked!!

I'd start adapt to get into the hang of it.

I had no periods but a small bleed 2-3 days after it was removed.

It's defibately much easier getting it out than in, Dr said he was done and I actually asked him if he was sure lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->