Miscarried 1st baby over Christmas 2012.Share positive stories of conceiving again.

Charlie4

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm on here becasue I want to remain postive about conceiving again. I have read some very positive forums and would love for anyone who has miscarried and wanting to conceive again to join me on our journey, to be a support to one another through the good and bad times.
A little about me..I'm 40 and became pregnant in November for the first time ever. We were both very excited afer the shock wore off!! I say shock because we weren't even trying! Now i's become the most important goal of both our lives :) Although I am still miscarrying now and have no idea when this will end I am keeping a positive outlook for the new year.
Is anyone is in the same situation as me?
I have read on here that we are most fertile after a miscarriage..is this true?
I'm going crazy being off work too..
And I am very lucky my partner is being so supportive even tho he has lost too.
Well girls who's with me in our new positive journey of new life??

Charlie

I'm very sorry for you're loss. I'd love to join, so nice to start something positive.

So we've been trying for 3 years this month, found out I have pcos and it looks like I don't ovulate, started clomid in november and got my bfp. We were so unbelievably happy but on Christmas eve at 7 weeks I miscarried :(
Its been the worst experience of my life.
My OH is happy to start trying again whenever but I keep changing my mind, I don't want any new baby to be seen as a replacement for the baby we lost but at the same time I'm so desperate to become pregnant again. I know in the back of my mind I won't wait!

Are you planning on trying after you're next cycle or straight away?
Would be lovely if we all got our bfps as a new years present!

Hi

I'm sorry for your loss too honey. I was also 7 weeks. Isn't it amazing how attached you get. Do try again!! Nothing will ever replace our first baby but we have to keep positive and believe there is another wee one waiting to come into our lifes. I have an appointment with the hospital on Friday and we will decide together, me & my partner and the hospital when's best. We both want this as soon as soon as possible. I actually think it's a good way to move on...never forget but we do deserve to be happy don't we? Won't another baby do this for us. Keep strong x

Sorry for your loss. I completely understand wanting to try again! It has been 4 weeks since we lost our baby :( My Dr. wants us to wait 2 cycles before trying again, but I am ready now! I want to be positive and enjoy the next pregancy, but I was 14 weeks when I MC, so it was a harsh reminder that anything can happen.
Good luck to you an I hope you get your sticky been soon!

Hi Charlie, I am with you in your journey!
I lost my first baby 5yrs back and 2nd one last week.Still miscarrying and weeping :(
I read lots of stories of people saying high fertility after miscarriage, it happened to many ladies within first few cycles so it can happen to us as well!I am hopeful to try clomid if needed.
A part of mine is too desperate to be pregnant again, but one part is too scared to lose the baby for 3rd time.But I won't give up!
I have taken few days off from work, and spending time at home.
Please do not lose your heart!

Im so sorry about your loss :( *hugs* I lost my baby at 5-6 weeks and that was abiut 5 and a half months ago! Now I am 11 weeks pregnant! I hear if you wait three months after your miscarriage that it helps with concieving a baby! I sure wasn't trying but it happened anyway! Good luck, girl! Hope that rainbow baby comes as soon as it came for me :)

Hi I lost my baby on 29th, I'm still bleeding now and have to have a scan today to check whether there is anymore tissue. As soon as I am no longer bleeding we are going to try again. I cannot handle not being pregnant anymore. I was 7+3. I loved my baby so much but the grief is unbearable and I think the only way I can move on is to get back to being pregnant.
If I have another period I'll start temping etc again but as long as we're havin regular sex I can distract myself from the pain with the hope that I might be pregnant again.
Good luck to all of you and I hope next Christmas is better than this one for all of us. Xx

I've got my opks out today, I thought if we started again straight away it would be helpful to know if/when I ovulated for dating purposes and if I don't ovulate then I will be straight back on the clomid. I stop bleeding last Friday, a week after it all started but I'm finding I've still got cramps, suppose our bodies have been through a lot so I'll give it a bit longer to feel normal.

Ive heard so many different things about ttc after mc some say you're more fertile but then I've heard the chance of mc is higher straight after?

ttc moon - have you tried clomid before?

elleff - hope your scan goes as well as possible today.
Let's hope all this positivity brings us some luck! Xx

I've got my opks out today, I thought if we started again straight away it would be helpful to know if/when I ovulated for dating purposes and if I don't ovulate then I will be straight back on the clomid. I stop bleeding last Friday, a week after it all started but I'm finding I've still got cramps, suppose our bodies have been through a lot so I'll give it a bit longer to feel normal.

Ive heard so many different things about ttc after mc some say you're more fertile but then I've heard the chance of mc is higher straight after?

ttc moon - have you tried clomid before?

elleff - hope your scan goes as well as possible today.
Let's hope all this positivity brings us some luck! Xx

Yes I tried Clomid twice (Once with IUI and injections) and Femara once, each time I ovulated with 2 follicles.But did not get pregnant on those cycles.I am over weight and having most PCOS symptoms (strangely those cysts are not seen in my ovary though).So for safety sake doctor kept me on Metformin for 2 months, and the miracle happened.
The one I am MC'ing as actually conceived on Metformin.So I am eager to lose some weight and try Metformin again.Or may be Clomid!Long TTC is too frustrating!

I don't understand some of your abbreviations girls and I don't know what clomid is. Where are you all from? Im in Ireland. Maybe medication etc is a little different from place to place. I have a scan on Friday to see if all is gone. I will ask doctor at the hospital when is it best to try again as we all seem to be unsure. I will also ask if the risk of mc is higher straight after a miscarriage and if our fertility is higher too. I am very happy to ask anything else girls if you'd like me too. Keep smiling girls, it's going to happen to us again!! I just know know it!! xox

I was told on sat by the doctor that the reason they advise you to wait til you've had a period is to help them determine the date of conception, I told her I wasn't really bothered about that and she said there's no medical reason not to try straight away.
This is the advice given to me though and I had a natural miscarriage, I don't know if it's different if you have a d&c or any other form of medical procedure to remove what's in your uterus.

I think I'm going to stick with clomid and ask for metformin as well, see what they say but I heard metformin can reduce chance of miscarriage so can't be a bad thing surely?

Charlie have a look at this one -
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

It has most of the abbreviations on there, don't even notice I'm doing it sometimes :p clomid was prescribed to at fertility clinic, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and so I don't seem to ovulate, clomid just helps me ovulate, took it first time and it worked so feeling hopeful it will again. Before I started this journey I never knew a thing about half of these meds! I'm from the uk, just outside of Bristol.

I don't understand some of your abbreviations girls and I don't know what clomid is. Where are you all from? Im in Ireland. Maybe medication etc is a little different from place to place. I have a scan on Friday to see if all is gone. I will ask doctor at the hospital when is it best to try again as we all seem to be unsure. I will also ask if the risk of mc is higher straight after a miscarriage and if our fertility is higher too. I am very happy to ask anything else girls if you'd like me too. Keep smiling girls, it's going to happen to us again!! I just know know it!! xox

Clomid helps ladies like us with PCOS/Irregular period to ovulate.It made me to ovulate with 2 follicles each time I tried it.I did not get preggo on it though, felt preggo naturally both the times.So I am not sure if I would really get pregnant with it!But helping in ovulation is also a big plus.Loup got pregnant with her first clomid cycle itself.Gives me some hope!

Loup - Metformin is good for PCOS patients.I got pregnant with it in first cycle itself, So I highly recommend it.Don't know why it dint stick.I got every possible supplement this time - progesterone/Estrogen/Metformin/Aspirin/Folic acid - everything!But I kept on getting mouth ulcers while pregnant.Now they are gone!So I need to find out if Vit. B12 deficiency is causing something.
We both have given blood for genetic testing.Hoping the results soon.

I am from India :)

Moon, I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency a few months ago but after a lot of injections everything seemed to be ok. Have you heard that this can affect pregnancy??

Moon, I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency a few months ago but after a lot of injections everything seemed to be ok. Have you heard that this can affect pregnancy??

Just out of curiosity I googled "Vitamin B deficiency and Pregnancy loss" and got few sites claiming vitamin B is very crucial for pregnancy and sometimes it may cause pregnancy loss.
I am not very sure about it though.I have an appointment with my doctor on saturday, I will ask her regarding this, and update you girls if I find out anything.I got loads of mouth ulcers with this pregnancy, and I had to take vit B supplement to stop them.So may be the deficiency played some role? I just do not want to leave any slightest possibility this time.
I am going to ask about HCG injection after pregnancy confirmation,Killer cell test, Blood clotting problem testing, testosterone testing as well.Let's see where it takes me.

I think I'm going to stick with clomid and ask for metformin as well, see what they say but I heard metformin can reduce chance of miscarriage so can't be a bad thing surely?

Charlie have a look at this one -
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

It has most of the abbreviations on there, don't even notice I'm doing it sometimes :p clomid was prescribed to at fertility clinic, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) and so I don't seem to ovulate, clomid just helps me ovulate, took it first time and it worked so feeling hopeful it will again. Before I started this journey I never knew a thing about half of these meds! I'm from the uk, just outside of Bristol.

Thanks honey

Hey that's great news that it worked first time!!! It's gotta work again then for definite! We weren't even trying to get pregnant to be honest it was massive surprise so Im hopeful it will happen again with us consciously trying this time!!!

I have a B12 deficiency and was never told it affects getting pregnant but it's on my list to ask tomorrow so I'll get back to you on this too.

Charlie

First day back to work today! Although can't say I'm doing much as I'm on this site :p I really didn't want to come back but suppose it has to happen sooner or later. Feels so weird sat at my desk knowing the last time I was sat here I was pregnant and so so happy.

I'm not feeling well today either, my arm is so bruised from all the blood tests nearly 2 weeks later and still have shooting pains in it too. My chest hurts and I feel really crampy and dizzy but not had anymore bleeding.

Has anyone else returned to work yet? I feel a bit pathetic for not just getting on with things, I haven't done a scrap of work all day!

ttc moon - I didn't realise that metformin was also good to help get pregnant just thought it reduced mc, well now I know what I'll be saying when I have next appointment :p

Charlie - I'm from Ireland too! Where abouts are you & which hospital are you going to? Good luck tomorrow with your scan :hugs:

Loup - Fair play to you for going back to work! I'm back on Monday. Not looking forward to it at all. I'm on reception that day which can be quite boring which will give me time to think - I don't like that! I'd rather be kept busy.

My story - (I thought I posted here before but apparently not!) We lost our little boy at 13+4 on St. Stephens Day. We buried him on New Years Eve. I still can't believe this has happened. I'm so devasted but eager to try again. I just wish the bleeding would stop so we could get on with it!! It had stopped but I think I over did it today & it's started again. Sick of it.

Hi Loup89
Good for you for going back to work. I work in retail selling high priced products which can take up to an hour to sell and its face to face with the public. Im still getting shooting inside me so can you just imagine, Im thinking, me sitting their and next thing I jump and make a noise cause of the pain. Id be mortified!! And they'd think me mad! I dearly want to get back to "normal" what ever that's going to feel lije after a mc but you know what I mean. I've a scan tomorrow to make sure everything's gone so I'll see what the outcome is before I make a decision as to going back to work...pains have gotta subside too but if they are going to last for weeks yet Im just going to have to go back.
Do you work in an office Loup89?
Im very anxious about my appointment tomorrow.
Im thinking if everything's gone I have to start getting on with things, which scares me.
And if its not all gone maybe I'll have to have a D&C which also scares me. I know Iust stay positive but I've a lot on my mind today. Plus my partner goes back to work next week...what am I going to do without him by my side each day. Sorry girls Im a bit doom and gloom today! Need to give myself a kick in the bum x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->