Miscarried 1st baby over Christmas 2012.Share positive stories of conceiving again.

Hi girls

Im just getting ready to go to hospital for scan to see if any tissue is still there. I've a few questions for doctor. Will update you later.

Charlie x

Hi girls

Im just getting ready to go to hospital for scan to see if any tissue is still there. I've a few questions for doctor. Will update you later.

Charlie x

Good luck chick! xx

Loup89 - That was so nice of your colleague! We're hoping to start trying again ASAP too. My bleeding had stopped but has started again (think it's easing off again). I think I just over did it yesterday. Congratulations on your wedding!! Hopefully you'll be pregnant by then AND the dress will fit - a friend of mine got married at five months pregnant & she wasn't showing for the wedding. The bump appeared practically overnight after the wedding! And I totally agree with things happening when you least expect it - I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy & D&C to examine why I wasn't getting pregnant. I was waiting for the next cycle to start the OPKs & temping & all that but the next cycle never started! We got pregnant before I ever got back to all the stressing out! Fingers crossed that happens again.

ttcmoon - I'm kind of in the same position with work. I'm only on a temporary contract & they were going to make me permanent a month after I got pregnant but never mentioned it once I told them I was pregnant (I had to tell them early as I had such bad morning sickness & needed to cut my hours until I was over it). Now I guess it's just not going to happen as I guess she'll know we'll be trying again. It's an awkward situation.

How is everyone doing today? :hugs:

I had long crying spells today.
My MIL calls me daily, but she has nothing so say just asks "had breakfast, what are you doing?" Or "I guess your thyroid was responsible" Or "I never heard about blighted ovum, must be doctors fault" . My SIL never called me back, after I refused to wish her "happy new year".I was bleeding like hell then and was very upset.I expected them to call back and say some comforting words.How to make them understand how much I need them?
My parents stays almost 1500km away so its not possible for them to come so suddenly.
Today I told my mom that I needed her support badly and not advise or blames.I guess she understood and apparently agreed to my adoption plan.

Karry - Did you find out anything with those testings?I have typical longer cycles and infertility issues.Now my doctor wants to do a 3D scan, not sure how is it going to help.
I have decided to say yes to any opportunity coming in my way.Like there is an option to visit US for 2-3 months on September.Which I would love to!So thinking of saying yes to it.In case if I am pregnant in between, I can always say no.So better to go with the flow of life and take as it comes!What you ladies think?
Anyone from Chicago here?In case if I visit US, I will be staying at chicago.So if I ever go I would love to meet supportive girls of this site.I work in HSBC Bank, as a S/W Engineer, responsible for their S/W net banking products etc.Next time you find any issue in the site beat me :haha:

How others are feeling today?

I definitely agree with your plan of just living your life as normal & if you get pregnant then you can change your plans. Me & hubby really want to go on holidays & it would be lovely to have something to look forward to but I'm hoping I won't be able to fly so I don't really know what to do - it's tough, isn't it?

My tests were to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant. My periods had become longer, irregular & a lot heavier so my doctor sent me for a HSG scan which showed an irregularity. They did the laparoscopy, hysteroscopy & D&C to investigate what the irregularity was & to remove it. It turns out I had irregular womb lining. So they fixed that with the D&C & I got pregnant then straight away. The doctor that day told us we were fine to start trying straight away after the D&C so I presume it's the same story this time. And hopefully I get pregnant as quickly this time!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Have you explained to your MIL & SIL how much you need them? :hugs:

Karry - Fingers crossed hope you get pregnant with a healthy baby soon.

No I did not tell them how much I need them.I thought they would come themselves.As we are having a good relation.

I too had HSG in august, and I got rashes all over my body due to the dye!TTC journey is very frustrating.Each month expecting to be pregnant and then huge disappointment.I just pray for the ttc journey to be less stressful and the pregnancy to be happy and easy!

Maybe you should tell them what you need? I know I always expect people to know what I need & I end up disappointed. But how are they to know what we need unless we tell them? My hubbys family only live two miles away but I know they won't come here unless I call them. Mine are next door - they come whether I call or not! lol

That's so strange that you had a bad reaction to the HSG too! Apparently it's very rare - I ended up passing out during it!

I so hope we're all pregnant ASAP (or as soon as we're ready) & we don't have to go back to temping & all that!

I go to work for the morning and look what I miss out on! :p

The way I see it is your career can always wait. As long as you've got the knowledge and experience it shouldn't be too hard to step back into but sadly out bodies don't work in the same way, I feel so bad for couples that decide to start a family and find out they're too late. What's most important is what you want, I don't think anyone should turn down any opportunities in case they get pregnant because it becomes all the more heartbreaking when it goes wrong and if you have to let people down when you do become pregnant you know secretly you won't care because you'll have the one thing that matters the most!

I'm writing all this on my phone so it's really difficult to go back through what everyone's said but I hope you're all feeling ok today.
I feel very lucky that my bleeding was only a week, feel so bad for all of you still going through that :(

I'm seeing a friend this afternoon, didn't feel like going out so she's popping over to see me, she's probably sick of me as all I do is moan about how rubbish I feel but she's a good listener so I'll wait until she tells me to shut it lol.
Has anyone else got any plans today to keep them busy?

I agree with Loup89 about your career coming second to a baby. Plus Im quite annoyed your boss told people without your permission. They are in serious trouble if you report them for that! Stay strong honey and stay in touch in here.
I was thinking about you girls today and wrote down some questions and took rhem with ne to the hospital. Well I got answers to them...hope some of this helps some if you.

-Baby aspirin is ok if it's recommended by doctor but harmful if its not so be careful!
-A B12 defiancey has no hand in not coming pregnant or with causing a MC.
-A new research says that we no longer have to wait the 3 months recommended years ago before we start trying to conceive again. Doc says the recommend it only so they can calculate your due date and if our get and early scan you automatically think because you can't see anything you have MC again which can be traumatic but truth sometimes is you have no idea how many weeks along you are!! But doc says if you feel ready go ahead and if it happens it happens :)
-We are more fertile after MC too.
-Hospital will only do tests if you have MC'd 3 times in a row because most women after 1 MC go on to have a healthy pregnancy & baby.

Ps Im going in for a D&C tomorrow so I can't see me on here tomorrow but will be checking in this evening a few times. Have a nice weekend girls. Have plenty if happy times ;) Just think we're all on this journey together and although I have many good friends, a great family, supportive boss and an amazing partner you all have given me strength and hope. We are all experiencing the same hurt but there are new times on the horizon and I am looking forward. Thanks for all being there. Chat to you in a couple of days time.

Charlie x

Charlie thankyou so much for asking those questions. I know I asked the dr things on Saturday night but my head was a mess and I can't remember half of what she said. I'm glad b12 isn't responsible.
Like you I have a big support network but nobody I know is going through this right now so the support of you ladies is priceless.
Massive good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you please let us know how you get on. I really hope we can all move over to the first tri together xx

So sorry for your loss. I lost my first pregnancy in Dec 2008 at 13 weeks. I had a DnC. I was 34, thought I couldnt have kids. I conceivedy my first son two months later, and had my second son in 2011. Now, at 39, I am (surprise!) pregnant with my third baby. Life can be unexpected!

Charlie, sorry to hear you have to go back in tomorrow, I'm wishing you so much luck and a speedy recovery!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Thanks for all the info too, I wish I could have thought of questions when I was there but my mind went blank!
That's interesting about the baby aspirin, I would never have self medicated but it does make you think. It's great news to hear we are more fertile too!! Gives us all that little bit more hope.

Its two weeks today I started bleeding and 2 weeks tomorrow I knew it was all over. I didn't realise how great the support on here would be. Like you said Charlie, I have amazing friends, family but nobody that knows exactly what I'm feeling and to help when you feel like you're losing your mind. So glad I decided to share my story and not hide away or I dread to think how I'd be feeling now.

Lou x

Charlie thankyou so much for asking those questions. I know I asked the dr things on Saturday night but my head was a mess and I can't remember half of what she said. I'm glad b12 isn't responsible.
Like you I have a big support network but nobody I know is going through this right now so the support of you ladies is priceless.
Massive good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you please let us know how you get on. I really hope we can all move over to the first tri together xx

Not a problem Elleff. Totally agree you ladies are priceless and thanks for the well wish for tomorrow.

Charlie x

So sorry for your loss. I lost my first pregnancy in Dec 2008 at 13 weeks. I had a DnC. I was 34, thought I couldnt have kids. I conceivedy my first son two months later, and had my second son in 2011. Now, at 39, I am (surprise!) pregnant with my third baby. Life can be unexpected!

Thanks for getting in touch CathetineK.
Your story has inspired me and I hope it does the other ladies on here. Best if luck with your pregnancy and I hope we all will be joining you shortly!!!

Charlie x

Thanks Lou,

Is there anything I can ask about for you tomorrow? I don't mind.

Charlie x

elleff, didn't see your post I took so long writing mine and walking the dogs at the same time lol. I'm actually feeling quite excited today that it might not be too far off and we'll be getting our bfp's!

Thanks Charlie, I think you covered it all, good to hear we don't have to wait too. I'll be ringing the hospital where I went for my consultation and hopefully they will see me again so they can give me a new plan of action.

Is it just me feeling ridiculously tired or anyone else feeling the same? No matter how much sleep I get I'm just shattered.

Loup - You're definitely not alone with the tiredness! I could sleep all day! I think it's because I find night time the hardest - when DH is fast asleep & I'm all alone with my thoughts. So I try to read until I'm exhausted which probably isn't the best idea either. Fair play to you for walking your dogs - my fella had no walkies today. I just have no motivation to do anything today. I did plant some blue & white bulbs in memory of our little boy (some for the garden & some for his grave) so doggy had a run in the garden while I was out but that was about the extent of my productivity today!

That's a lovely idea Karry. I said to my OH I was going to plant a rise bush. It's be nice to see in bloom every year I thought. Im still quiet sore & crampy girls...don't know how you are managing although I had an internal today too as well as a scan. Sorry TMI! Anyway Ive a bag to pack. Chat soon.

Charlie x

hello Ladies,

In sometime I will be going to my doctor and have a scan to check if everything is fine.
I am kind of looking forward for this.Appears like a new beginning to be.I have loads of questions to ask.It is good to know Vit. B12 has no role to play in MC.And I was giiven aspirin by my doctor for this pregnancy, but nothing helped actually.
I am a little more anxious than most of you, as this is my 2nd MC.And after my 1st MC I was told that most women will have healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage, but that did not happen to be.So I am a kind of dreaded to trust statistical claims.I really wish to get a solid answer.I am feeling definitely more broken with the 2nd time.I know I could have done nothing to stop it, but I can't stop doubting on myself.It is like my body betraying me.I am very low on self confidence.Looking at other pregnant women and those having babies, even those who were successful after their first MC, only gives me a sense of inferiority.Like I am a less woman, or a woman with some defect.This is something every lady can do, but I can't!
Here we are not waiting for 3rd MC to occur.After my 1st MC I did below testings -

1. Hormones - Thyroid,prolactin, progesterone,testosterone, AMH,FSH etc
2. Thyroid antibody testing
3. HSG dye test to check if my tubes are potent
4. USG over cycles to check when actually I ovulate,how many follicles I produce etc.
5. Semen analysis of DH
6. Blood tests of both to check for any STD..

And After the 2nd one doctor suggested us to go for

1. Genetic blood test of both the partners
2. 3D USG for any defect in internal organs, which we missed in normal USG
3.Lupus testing
4. Microplasms in cervix.
5. 10% body weight loss (self)

I am going to ask for more like - Natural killer cell, anti nuclear/anti phosopholipid antibodies,DQ Alpha/Beta, Mutations.Let's see what she things.
Getting everything tested,and being treated gives me some kind of mental peace, I feel like I am physically ok to welcome a baby and I am not killing a life for being un-diagnosed.I am going to discuss about chances of pregnancy after MC and all, as last time I went through rough times to get PG.So losing it was a great heart ache.

For me my work gives a mental security besides financial.Both baby and work are like breathing and seeing.Breathing may give you life and for sometime you can keep your eyes closed.But definitely I do not wish to go blind.Work gives me ways to divert my life, meet with different people from world and get appreciated.Whenever I see a pregnant lady and feel jealous/bad I say to myself "I have a great rewarding career and secured earning, which many of these woman are not having.I am educated, striving for more education still now" this helps to rebuild my confidence and gives me a different view of life.I do long for my own baby, but life has other aspects as well, and I do have a potential to become a very good mother, but besides that I wish to be a good daughter, good employee and successful woman too.My career is the way to pay tribute to my parents who saved each penny to get me best education so I can become be independent and successful.Everyone should have their part to be happy.And my career, job,studies gives me a different identity.I really cherish it.So though it can take back seat for a while, but no question in making it secondary.
I hope I get all my answers soon.I know I am a very annoying patient asking loads of questions but my doctor is a very kind lady, explaining everything, and comforting always!

Sorry for the big novel.But at this moment I do not have many people to share my thoughts so wrote it here.Thanks for reading :)
have a great day....

TTcmoon

That's great you have all of that. Im just sitting waiting to be admitted for D&C. Hope your appointment goes well honey and we are always here for you x

Charlie x

Thanks Charlie.Hope your DNC goes well. Misoprostol worked for me, infact it was painless.I recommend it highly!

Ladies, I went for scan and i have no remaining conception products present in uterus.Doctor told me to wait for one cycle because I am PCOS and overweight.Also she told me most of the Indians are vitamin B12 deficient so I will be getting injection of the vitamin for 6 weeks.
She said it is pretty common for PCOS patients to have recurrent miscarriages.God knows what will happen to me.She also said we are on track and to try again.I am really scared and don't know if I should try at all, knowing I can miscarry again because of PCOS.I don't think I would be able to take it for 3rd time :(
Anyway I will try to shed some weight in this cycle, and will follow strict diet.I can expect my period in 6 weeks she said, if not she will give medicine.
Best of luck to all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->