Misdiagnosed miscarriage??

I hope all turns out okay for you :hugs: It does sound very confusing, I think you're right in wanting a second opinion to be safe

hmmm, ok firstly forget the MW's guesstimate thats so far off its unreal...i mean she is saying basically u didnt get a pos test till 11 weeks pregnant, honestly i wonder where some of them get qualified thats terrible.

im thinking that because bubs was so hard to see on the scan that measurments could have been off, which to be fair at this early stage could even be a week out...so instead of u being 7+3 you could easily be 6+3, which would make it totally normal to not see a hb, i had scan with this baby at 6+4 and had no hb yet but was told its normal as baby so small also as the pic was so bad with ur scan u may well be in the 7 week range but seeing such a tiny heart would have been very hard to see if u could barely get a good pic of baby to start with, i agree that if u lost baby so long ago you would know about it by now and u would have passed baby and be bleeding.
trust ur instinct hunny and dont agree to anything procedure or meds wise until u have definite 100% proof that baby isnt viable.

I'm so sorry to hear that they are being so difficult with you. I agree with everyone that you should wait longer before making any permanent decisions. I know what a hard wait this can be and am hoping for only the best outcome for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm defiantly waiting I know in my heart all is well so if I need to go for private scan ect so be it :)

I'm sorry your going through this. If I were you personally I would walk into another hospitals epu and explain the situation and ask them to help?
they might be a bit more understanding and be able to look more carefully?
good luck xx

hmmm, ok firstly forget the MW's guesstimate thats so far off its unreal...i mean she is saying basically u didnt get a pos test till 11 weeks pregnant, honestly i wonder where some of them get qualified thats terrible.

im thinking that because bubs was so hard to see on the scan that measurments could have been off, which to be fair at this early stage could even be a week out...so instead of u being 7+3 you could easily be 6+3, which would make it totally normal to not see a hb, i had scan with this baby at 6+4 and had no hb yet but was told its normal as baby so small also as the pic was so bad with ur scan u may well be in the 7 week range but seeing such a tiny heart would have been very hard to see if u could barely get a good pic of baby to start with, i agree that if u lost baby so long ago you would know about it by now and u would have passed baby and be bleeding.
trust ur instinct hunny and dont agree to anything procedure or meds wise until u have definite 100% proof that baby isnt viable.

I agree with that 100%.
Made me remember that my doctor always puts a range for the dating. For example she would write 7w3d (+/- 5days). On my last scan she wrote 9w (+/- 1week). Just to show that this is absolutely NOT exact science.

We're all with you.
xx

I agree with that 100%.
Made me remember that my doctor always puts a range for the dating. For example she would write 7w3d (+/- 5days). On my last scan she wrote 9w (+/- 1week). Just to show that this is absolutely NOT exact science.

We're all with you.
xx

Thank you all so much this has made me feel a lot better xxx

My gp has just taken my bloods no questions asked agreed with me that it can still have a positive outcome :) so friday results and that dreaded second scan

I can't believe they are being so difficult with you!

I agree that you should trust your interest and rescan later. I would also do the same. Scans could be off and as another poster said, it's possible that you are earlier that your midwife is guessing. I would think that since your periods are irregular they'd want to investigate further. Hoping for a positive outcome for you.

Based on all of that I would do exactly as you are, trust your instincts and wait. Really crossing my fingers for you!

Bad news im afraid I started bleeding a few moments ago guess it means it's over ��������

oh hunny, im so sorry to hear this, bleeding can happen in early pregnancy and everything be ok, is the bleeding heavy or is it spotting?? xx

It's not heavy heavy but not light im not in any pain though

I just hope it's nothing. Whatever happens you did the right thing by waiting. Again only the next scan will be able to confirm. xx

Sending you lots of hugs hun, i had a similar time with dd2, unsure of dates, no hb when they thought i should of,bleeding on and off for pretty much all of 1st tri and im sat watching her play, i have everything crossed for a positive outcome xxx

Well, it's a good thing that it stopped. Hope it stays away for your peace of mind. Remember that bleeding in early pregnancy is fairly common in early pregnancy. Get as much rest as you can and try not to worry too much about things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->