Missed pills, AF late, and BFN??

NurseMommyTTC

Reaction score
I was pretty bad with taking my BC pills this past month, AF (or withdrawal bleed, same thing) ALWAYS comes Tuesday or early Wed. the week it's due. I am now 6 days "late", I have taken three tests over the past 4 days, and all BFN. I ALWAYS bleed about 3 days after my last active hormone pill. This time, not a speck of anything! SO, I have no idea what's going on, and if I should start the next pack of pills! If I happened to ovulate at some random day later in the pack, like the last week of active hormone pills, I assume I could still get a BFP soon. Has this happened to anyone else, and did you end up being pregnant with a late BFP???

I'm not sure what to tell you and whether or not you should start taking the pills again, I would suggest calling your doctor and asking what to do. If you're that late on AF then a test would show positive if you were pregnant, however it all honestly depends on when you conceived. Birth control for the most part has a ton of hormones in it and when you miss taking it or you don't take it properly it can cause issues with your body and this could be potentially be what's going on. You might just have to wait it out.

It would depend on when you had sex and when you missed pills. My doctor would say if you’re neg when it’s time to start a new pack then just start the new pack. I’ve had some weird sugar weeks, but I don’t think I’ve ever not bled at all. My doc says it does happen to some women though. And agreed if you messed up a lot then could be your body sorting it out. So I’d say if you have cheap tests laying around I’d keep testing just to be safe. But no harm telling your doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->