• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Missing 3 year old

I'm reading that the rest of his siblings were half Nigerian? Does that mean he was the only one with a different father? It may seem irrelevant but I'm just wondering...

Anyways it seems to me that if she did do it then it was done before she alerted the police to his disappearance, poor lil man :(

I'm in tears reading about this. Poor poor boy, and his poor siblings. I am sure the whole story will come out eventually. Maybe the mum was scared to tell someone he'd died in a preventable accident? Just because she was 'known to social services' doesn't mean it was malicious. I have known and worked with parents who have a deep rooted fear and mistrust of SS, often their own childhoods were unstable, and sadly the last people they would call in a tragedy would be the authorities who they feel have failed them in the past. It's tragic, and social services do such a difficult job very well, but there is a culture of fear that they'll 'snatch' children.

I was just saying that maybe it could have been prevented if there was already issues. Maybe she wasnt given the support she needed? Either way the press will hound social work and undoubtedly it will become a question of accountability like in the case of baby P. Questions will be asked about what their roll was right or wrongly.

Ive read reports that the body was found in the garden of his aunty. How sad :(

Says on sky news that the mum visited the aunts place alone last week and that's where they are investigating now. Poor boy probably died last week and its only come to light now

I'm reading that the rest of his siblings were half Nigerian? Does that mean he was the only one with a different father? It may seem irrelevant but I'm just wondering...

Anyways it seems to me that if she did do it then it was done before she alerted the police to his disappearance, poor lil man :(

He was a twin, so she will (probably) have the same father x

Looks like the poor boy was in the woods :cry:

Hope he wasn't scared before whatever happened happened to him. RIP little one.

So sad, I've been following this on sky news and it breaks my heart.
Rest in peace little man, I hope his siblings are being well cared for, they will be so broken with the sad news.

The twins were to her last partner, the others to her ex husband.
Her ex husband was arrested on the first day on an unrelated matter.(weird but...)

I don't know, perhaps Chinese whispers round our community, but apparently the twins have been in care for 18months and she only just got them back. Absolutley no idea how true that is. However if it is surely she was well known to the social. So even more so the situation should have been monitored with him being off nursery for so long

Police probably had some idea, what gets out up on the news and what they know will be completely different. We don't know how and what they investigated apart from what they told us which will always be pretty minimal. Nursery issues may have risen but may but may not have as yes he wasn't in nursery for a month but realistically it was only 2 weeks due to the holidays. Again we dknt know how involved ss were. Again any suspicions they have they always keep an open mind and look down all avenues as they might be wrong. Rip

I hope she rots. There is NO excuse for this at all. I am shocked to see some trying to justify why she may of covered up this innocent little boys death.

I hope she rots. There is NO excuse for this at all. I am shocked to see some trying to justify why she may of covered up this innocent little boys death.

Your right, whatever did happen there's no excuse if his death was accidental then you call emergency services not get rid of the body and then lie about a disappearance :(

no one is trying to 'justify' violent/disturbing behaviour, but really, you can't understand that she wouldn't have called emergency services?

If it was an accident that could happen to any mother, and your child was dead, surely your worse fear would then be losing the children you have left? Surely that would be the only thing worse than losing the one. i imagine that, that is the reason a person wouldn't call emergency services, out of fear. But we don't know yet and i don't know why you'd be shocked at others trying to make sense of the mother's actions.

No one knows how they will act at the edge of fear or panic (whether the event was deliberate or an accident) as most of us don't ever think that something like that would happen to us. If anyone average mother(non violent and loving) had an accident that resulted in the dead of her child, i doubt every one of them would react the same, maybe some wouldn't be truthfully because they were terrified of having their other kids taken away(which seems to be more and more common).

We don't know yet what happened and if there was a stupid/selfish/acted out of fear reason for coving up or whether she was trying to only protect herself and/or covering a crime she commited.

And no, i am in no way sticking up for this woman only trying to point out that i can see how other posters are trying to make sense/understand why the woman tried to cover it up.

So sad :(. I can't believe it could be the mother, I just cannot understand how any mother could. RIP beautiful little boy.

Your right, whatever did happen there's no excuse if his death was accidental then you call emergency services not get rid of the body and then lie about a disappearance :(

Well maybe she is covering for one of the other siblings. Maybe one of the other older children accidently killed him? Possible although maybe unlikely but it has happened. That may lead to a totally different situation. She may be protecting her other child. Who knows what they would do in that awful situation.

what is bugging me is that they found him 50mins away from their home so, if he was missing/something happened during the time the kids were awake they would've asked their mum where he was and she would've given an answer.

If something happened during the time the kids slept and she drove 50 mins to put him where she did, that means she either left her other kids alone for a couple, or she had someone watching them, and if it was before it was reported then IF a person watched the kids, they probably would've known one was missing. I can't imagine she took him there after the report because police would've noticed if she disppeared off.

Those poor other kids, lost their brother and god knowns what will happen to them. :(

This is such tragic news, makes my heart hurt to think this little boy could have suffered.

But at this present time the mother has just been detained and questioned. Everything on here is just assumptions. Trial by media these days is awful and while the facts so far in this case do lead you down a certain thought process a lot of the judgment on this thread is based only on speculation.

Don't get me wrong, if she's charged and proven guilty it's an utterly heinous crime but I feel some of these comments are a little premature.

You're right MrsButterfly. Even I have been quick to judge when it could be so much more than this. But the facts prior to his disappearance look bad :( he wasn't at the nursery. He was alone for some reason that night when he shared a room with his twin sister. She's known to social services already and if what I was told was true, they haven't even lived with their mother for half their lives.

God I hope it's not her. In a forum of mothers I'd like to have faith that a woman wouldn't have it in her nature to do wrong or cover up someone's else wrong in these terrible events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->