• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mission Impossible! 2 New Arrivals and 8 Little Ones x

Topic for today- what type of parent are you or do you think you will be? Strict? Passive? The disciplinarian? The spoiler?

I find myself to be more strict than I intended to be. I see so many young kids get in terrible predicaments because they're parents don't pay attention (and some that do have parents that pay attention). Technology is great, but I feel it's growing our kids up too fast. When I was a kid we played outside instead of texting friends or having video chats on the computer. I limit my kids time on electronics and encourage them to play outside. Neither one of them will have a cell phone for a long time lol.

I am a believer in chores to teach responsibility. And we also do a reward system to give them an incentive to not fight. It seems so hard to teach kids now that in life you have to work to earn the things you want! My kids see all their friends with phones and iPods and tablets and every video game ever created and think we're just being rotten lol. We try and spoil them with things like traveling instead. They get to see how different people live and the difference in cultures. New Orleans was a wondrous place to them and they learned more from being there than they ever could from a book or computer!

I definitely haven't come close to perfecting my parenting skills lol. Even with my 2, they both require different things, so it's a new journey every day :)

I don't think there is any place worse with humidity then FL during the summer. We get daily afternoon thunderstorms most years, and if there's any chance of rain, it get's stagnant and sticky :haha: Maybe in the tropics, but anything north I find it hard to believe humidity can compete!

I think I'll be a semi strict parent. I agree with you about all the technology now a days. I grew up playing outside, I didn't get a cellphone until I was 12, and even then I didn't use it...ever :haha: I hate hate hate seeing families out the dinner and every single one of them is glued to a phone/ipad/whatever, it's not only in my opinion rude, it's heartbreaking. If your child can't enjoy your company, and you need to distract them with games or shows on an ipad, there's something wrong.

Luckily, both my husband and I agree our kids not getting any of that stuff until he's older! He can play outside and be a productive/creative child!

(I also think I'll be more lenient then my husband :dohh: I can't even discipline the dogs without feeling bad)

My husband and I were talking about parenting the other day. With Rand it's more relaxed seeing what he does and can do. With the new baby we know that we don't want a technology kid. We both grew up in the country and playing outdoors and using your imagination was just the normal thing! I don't want my kid to have to rely on electronics to entertain her. We want to make learning fun and want her to know there is so much more out there than she even realizes. I will be strict on dating and make up and clothing. I never cared much about those things myself when I was a teenage, but kids today I feel are being forced to grow up much to fast and its up to us to preserve their childhood for them. All we can do is our best though, and hope we did something right :)

I agree with Miranda as we would like to be semi strict parents. We would want our kid to communicate with us whatever she/he feels. We will adore our kid but don't want to hand over the techy stuff like ipad, ipod so soon. He/she should enjoy being a kid first then can be a technology master.

It's hard with the tech cause I know what it feels like to be the kid without what everyone else has. I def agree with you ladies and I hate seeing kids with iPhones and game things etc I even see toddlers in their pushchairs with iPads. I would rather my kids didn't have anything techy for themselves until the teen years, they can use our stuff but only to borrow.

With the parenting I think it will be a steep learning curve for us and the child, and I will take it how it comes as I have no idea if I will turn out to be the parent I think I will. Does that make sense?

Another temp exactly the same, I tested the bbt in my hand and it was different so I guess I'm on a roll with these flat temps. I've researched and it's common so not good or bad. :shrug:

Kerry, don't worry about the temps. Its fine as long as its above cover-line. You have ovulated and now fingers crossed for those two pink lines.

Looks like we all agree on the electronics :) I do let my kids "borrow" mine and they do have some really good computer programs that I let them practice on a couple days a week. I just like them to use their imaginations (which a lot of kids don't have these days!) To make up games inside and out, and we have plenty of board games and cards games too :)

Kerri- it looks as though your temp was a little different today ;) those are some steady temps! When I was chart stalking the other day I came across some serious flat temp bfp charts on ff! Like strait across til o and strait across after, then started rising at like 14dpo or so :dohh: I wonder if their charts always looked like that, or if it was just the bfp ones...hmmm? Don't feel bad because I can't figure out what the heck mine's doing! :haha: I've been burning up, but these are the lowest temps I think I've had! So weird lol :shrug:

So ladies, I keep feeling hopeful for this cycle and then trying to talk myself out of it lol. I feel like af could show any second :dohh: which has had a part in getting my hopes up because I'm only 8dpo, but then I'm like oh crap, what if af is just gonna show up really early :dohh: I'm not driving myself crazy just yet lol, but I would like to know before we leave for PA on Friday. Af is due Monday and I'm leaving for IN mon or tues. I keep telling myself patience, patience, patience lol...it's working so far :) I feel pretty calm and relaxed, other than those little arguments with myself :haha:

How are you all getting on? I'm having a hard time thinking of a good topic for today...any ideas?

Nice temps ladies

loulou it could be id. It is good that you are feeling good about this cycle though.

I don't really have any symptoms and I just feel that i am trying to make some up just to make myself feel good. On the other hand my temp is k, got kinda of a rise this morning. I will try and post it later if u ladies don't mind. Tomorrow is 10 dpo and if I get a temp rise then i test if not i don't bother.
I am not optimistic about this cycle though, i just kinda felt lost from like 3 dpo. Oh well it is what it is.

Pal, Kerry and DD how are you all feeling about this cycle?

:haha: I reckon my temp would have been the same again if I'd had an ounce of sleep!!

:hugs: well done for being hopeful Lou (sorry but your name is forever Lou to me!!) the feeling of AF is very common in BFP stories so.. Just ride the rollercoaster, that's all we can do.

Dream, I'm not sure how I feel. I'm so used to negatives that I just expect it now. I don't have any symptoms apart from back ache but it gets like that sometimes. I'm not hopeful or unhopeful I guess. Just wishing I had some symptoms to cheer me along yet another cycle.

I've got a girls night out on Saturday so I'm really hoping to know by then. I reaaaaaaaaally would love to be "sick" and not able to come out!

Hi ladies :hi:
I am also not feeling great from yesterday. Not sure it is from food I am eating or something else or just PMS. Today I had zero motivation to attend my group exercise classes. But somehow completed all the classes I aimed for. :bodyb:

Now who is going to do the cleaning and cooking for me. Guess I have to do it on my own. :sleep:

I want to wait and test on Good Friday. I am around 8/9dpo. AF is due on 15th. Just a week to go. I am also so used to those BFNs and AFs but I believe strongly that God is going to grant me a BFP soon and to you all lovely ladies. :) Btw seems my cm has dried up. I was getting abundant creamy cm but now gone totally.

What are your plans for long weekend ladies ? We don't have any plan as DH might has to work. Weather is very nice today here in Houston. But the fierce summer is not far away. Its going to be one year since we moved to Houston in May.

Hi ladies :hi:
I am also not feeling great from yesterday. Not sure it is from food I am eating or something else or just PMS. Today I had zero motivation to attend my group exercise classes. But somehow completed all the classes I aimed for. :bodyb:

Now who is going to do the cleaning and cooking for me. Guess I have to do it on my own. :sleep:

I want to wait and test on Good Friday. I am around 8/9dpo. AF is due on 15th. Just a week to go. I am also so used to those BFNs and AFs but I believe strongly that God is going to grant me a BFP soon and to you all lovely ladies. :) Btw seems my cm has dried up. I was getting abundant creamy cm but now gone totally.

same here with the dry cm situation :shrug:. :thumbup: for u for waiting that long.

Actually I am waiting till Tuesday. If I don't come on Tuesday, then there is a chance that AF might show up on Wednesday. If no AF till Wednesday night, then I can hope for a BFP on Friday and that would be a Good Friday or Easter BFP. That is our mission right, Easter BFP...:)

But I think we can trust our hpt results if we take it this weekend as AF is due Monday/Tuesday for most of us.

Yay, who knows we might be a week away from our BFPs.

It's my birthday on Good Friday, would be a lovely present :kiss:

Good luck pickle! I really hope this is your month!

I just <3 you ladies! I love coming on here and reading about everyone and seeing all the support that's given :hugs:

I'm wishing for an Easter bfp for all of us, but I definitely wouldn't mind if it came sooner :haha:

You are all welcome to call me either name, I don't mind at all :)

Kerri- that would be a fantastic bday present!

I have everything crossed for each and every one of you! :hugs:

I got a bfn with fmu, but I'm ok with it :) there's still plenty of time until af on Monday and there's always next cycle if this one doesn't bring a bfp.

I have to go pick my mom up so I'll try and check back later today :) have a great day ladies <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->