Mistakes I made today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by yellowyamyam, Nov 14, 2011.

1. yellowyamyam

yellowyamyam Well-Known Member

I watched some birthing video and how the doc inject epidurial. i am totally freaked out right now! Epi or not, nothing seems alright to me!!!

Anyone watched any birthing video and felt normal or pleasant?

2. Iamblessed

Iamblessed ttc#10

I try not to watch epis and stuff like that otherwise I would freak myself out...so no videos for me just mine of when I delivered the kiddos:)

3. cupcakey

cupcakey WTT after 2 MCs

I made this mistake also! I watched an episode of One Born Every Minute, and both the girls had difficult labours. One of them had an epidural and then an emergency c-section. I knew as soon as I started watching it wasn't a good idea.

My new strategy is to pretend that bit won't happen. I'm still a long way away from it anyway so I think I'll stick to looking at pictures of baby clothes and toys instead!

4. JessPape

JessPape Myself, Husband, DD

Im the total opposite, I find theses videos fasinating, because myself I like to know what to expect. I feel like the doctors i've had in the past sucked and they didnt explain a darn thing they were doing which scared me more. This way I have an idea of what to expect. However, I will not watch birthing videos they just make me sick ahha.

5. yellowyamyam

yellowyamyam Well-Known Member

haha! thanks for the replies, ladies. my bestfriend has 2 girls and both were natural births. So she had told me the stories without leaving any details but the videos ... totally different altogether!!! I think that is why they say pictures speak a thousand words.