• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mixing cereals

1st_baby

Ok so max has been eating Oatmeal stage 1 for 3 months now and hes tried barley but was not a fan ..now i have a full box of barley sitting in my fridge and a full box of oatmeal ..

my question is can i mix those two and give it that way ?

I mix Erica's once in a while. I had some rice cereal that I dont really like giving her (just cause oatmeal is more nutritious) so occasionally I will mix in some rice. I also mix her fruits and veggies all the time (the ones that she has already tried) and she doesn't seem to have any problem at all. I'm sure it will be fine hun. Also, I dont know how you make Max's food, but Erica prefers have some fruits mixed in her cereal. I puree fruit and mix it in with his cereals, Max might like the Barley more that way if you haven't already tried it. =)

Well I tried the rice and max hated it big time so did his tummy lol
Oatmeal he loves and so does his tummy
Barley he wasent a fan of but he took it well so might mix that with his fruit

AS for now im buying the already made jars ..just because im making a list of what he likes and dislikes this way once i got that down ill make my own food ..except the berries those are hard and the meats

I also buy jars to test how she likes them and if she has a reaction. I usually buy 2 jars of each new food and if she does well, make that food for her. Have you given Max meat yet? I'm so confused about that, a friend of mine has a son 1 week older than Erica, and gives him meat and all kinds of foods. At the store the jars say stage 2 (6mos) but I thought we weren't supposed to give meat for longer than that... I haven't given Erica any, just fruits and veggies.
I'm surprised Max's tummy didn't take to rice, its supposed to be like the easiest for them to digest. Oh, and I haven't even given Erica barley yet. :dohh:

I also buy jars to test how she likes them and if she has a reaction. I usually buy 2 jars of each new food and if she does well, make that food for her. Have you given Max meat yet? I'm so confused about that, a friend of mine has a son 1 week older than Erica, and gives him meat and all kinds of foods. At the store the jars say stage 2 (6mos) but I thought we weren't supposed to give meat for longer than that... I haven't given Erica any, just fruits and veggies.
I'm surprised Max's tummy didn't take to rice, its supposed to be like the easiest for them to digest. Oh, and I haven't even given Erica barley yet. :dohh:

I was told not to give meat until like 9mo. But I was talking to my mother about it and she said that she gave us things mixed with meat. But not JUST solid meat (because it is ALOT thicker) until we were 7.5-8mo old.
I've given Colton 'Apples and Chicken' 'Apples and Ham' and 'Brocolli and Chicken'(which was the sickest thing ever and he's never getting again :lol:)
But I haven't given him any of the "Chicken with Chicken Gravy" "Ham with Ham Gravy" etc..

Ooh I didn't know that it made a difference. :dohh: I have a weaning book, and I cant find it so I'm all confused now. Thanks!

Ooh I didn't know that it made a difference. :dohh: I have a weaning book, and I cant find it so I'm all confused now. Thanks!

I dont know if it makes a difference either. But his pediatrician mentioned it. Although, I know sam's mom said that she has given sam meat. So, I dont think it will harm anything.

Well ill wait for the meat lol i just bought a box of mixed cereal ill try and another one thats mixed cereal & bananas

We have stage 1 (4-6 mths) jars of food with meat & fish in(tuna I think) , & have tried a chicken, beef & fish jar (not all together, couple of weeks between each at least!) Jack hates them all! I'm not rushing him into meat eating, but I am running out of ideas with food & am worried he will get bored (although he prob isn't as he LOVES his solids!!!!!)

Well I dont know when to start meats im so scared it will hurt his tummy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->