Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Doctors have said that they think our son was a partial molar pregnancy. He made it to 12 weeks 1 day and then his heart stopped. It was heartbreaking. My husband had just come home from a deployment and 5 days before christmas I "gave birth" to him. It's been 18 weeks and I still Have HCG levels.. Has anyone had this issue?

HI rjh2910 - I am so sorry about the loss of your son. I was told at a scan on the 31st August that my baby's heartbeat had stopped. I saw it on an earlier scan. I am still waiting for my hcg to get back to normal. I am currently at 19 (I hopefully get my latest result today). I is so frustrating because it is so incredibly difficult to move on.

I am trying to look at the positives from this (as difficult) as that is and this has taught me so much about myself. I never thought I was this strong and yet I am because this has been the truly hardest thing I have ever been through.

Stay strong and know that I am thinking of you. :hugs:

I didn't have a veil or tiara - I made some flowers out of my left over dress silk and beaded lace and had them in my hair but my dress was more suited for that style. Can't wait to hear what you decide. Go with what makes you happy when you look in the mirror so your day is something fabulous that makes you smile at ever photo.

MrsWag, so excited for you. Congratulations!

So finally got af- very very late and painful this time. As relieved as I am, its heaps disappointing. This is the hardest week of the month because its such a reminder of everything that I don't have and ive lost. Got to try and remember that its a good thing and its another one down... another one to go :)

Hi Jacky,

I am glad af finally turned up and sorry that its been painful. As you say another month done and dusted. Onward and upward! I had my af this weekend too and it is just a reminder of what should of been.

We WILL have our rainbows - we just gotta keep patient! They will be all the more special because of all this.

Love Lotte xx

Speaking of AF, I'm now 35 days since my D&C and no signs of her coming... :( So tired of waiting.

In other news I put in my two week notice at my job today. I'm kinda freaked out and excited! I've never been a SAHM, but I think it is time. I can't believe my little girl is two. It happens so fast, and I don't want to miss anymore of her babyhood because it's almost over and there's no promise I'll get another (though I'm pretty hopeful I will). Still, I think it is going to be such a nice change and I'm thankful I can even consider it since I know a lot of moms have to work to pay the bills.

Like Jacky, I had my af at around an hcg of 60. I hope that the witch turns up soon.

How exciting that you quit your job! It will be lovely to stay at home with your little girl.

xx

Thanks Laura - I've been having regular normal results but so scared, which I guess is normal. I'm gonna call Sheffield on my lunch tomorrow and see what they say, hoping they say bloods and a scan!

I'm hoping its just meant to be my BFP it would be so perfect as I would be due just before Christmas. I'm feeling really tired and sicky, I've also had a tugging feeling in my uterus for the past few days apart from that I feel nervous and excited!

How are you doing hun? xx

How did it go with Sheffield hun?

xx

Hi everyone!

Just dropping on before work quickly (I am now running late haha!)

Laura - Its so exciting planning a wedding. I loved my wedding day so much. Every time I think about it, it puts a big smile on my face! I have a full tiara. Have you decided what you are going for?
What sort of dress have you picked (or looking at?)

Tina - Only 2 days till your scan!

Afm, I get my latest results (hopefully) at 3 today. I will update later with what they are....

Have a good day everyone

love Lotte
xx

Rafferty, it was really strange for me to even get mine because up until i got pregnant (really don't understand how I did looking back now) I hadn't had mine for a year. Was a real shock to actually get it after all this. Every body is different, maybe your body may just need a bit longer. I hope she turns up soon. Thinking of you and stay strong. Bits hugs xxx

Rjh2910, so sorry to hear about your loss. I found out at 15 weeks that we had lost our baby to a mole. My levels dropped quickly to begin with but then slowed down and took quite a while to drop below 5. What are your levels now? Are they doing bloods? Dropping levels are a good sign. I hope you get your negative very soon.

Lotte, what were your levels today? You are such a darling. I had coffee today with a friend who has been though the loss of a baby too and i feel really good going forward with things now. Finally got myself in a different head space and have faith that it will happen soon after all 13 is my lucky number was 2013 will be my year. Not long now and we will get to start the journey again and this time with a different outcome. Fingers crossed for a great number xx big hugs xx

Hope everyone is having a good week xx

Good luck with your scans everyone xx

xx

I spoke to Sheffield and they said it was highly unlikely to be the mole coming back and they are pretty confindent I'm pregnant but advised an early scan just to be 100% sure, so I called my local GPs as my EPU needs a referal for an early scan and they got the midwife to call me back. She was lovely and luckly had quite a knowlege of PMP so she's booked me in for an early scan tomorrow at 11:45am and she also booked my booking in appointment for 9th May - she said Positive Mental Attitude is the way to go.

Really excited and very nervous! Kepping everything crossed that we get good news tomorrow, going by my lmp I should be 7weeks.

Thank you girls so much for you support - I'm not sure how well I'd cope without it!

Jacky - Glad AF finally showed but *hugs* for it being painful. One step closer to your rainbow :flower:

Rafferty - Good Luck in being a SAHM :thumbup: I'd love to be one too, hoping we will have enough money for me to be able too one day!

rhj2910 - So sorry for your loss :hugs: it can be so hard to deal with but the ladies here are fantastic support when you need it.

Lotte - Good Luck for your results today, let us know what they are!

Laura - Hows the planning going? I really miss planning my wedding - tempted to do a 10year vow renual just so I can plan it again lol!

Exciting that you get to have an early scan and have your appointments sorted. Nice to hear you have stumbled across a really understanding and knowledgeable midwife. Good luck tomorrow and hope your dates confirm! Xx

Lotte - looking forward to hearing your results! I have everything crossed for you! Heres to June my lovely! Wedding planning is going great! We are having it at a venue so they are organising a lot of it which is good as our time frame has been very small. I have my dress its just being altered going back in june to try it on again! I think im going for a tiara im looking at about 5 online at the mo so hopefully ill make a decision soon. Hehe!

Megan - i have everything crossed for you tomorrow i look forward to hearing your news tomorrow!Also a vow renewal sounds lovely....another excuse to get all pretty and have a party! Woop!

Jacky - Heres to 2013 for you! Defo good to have a goal. Im hoping this is our year!

Rjh2910 - Im sorry to read your post honey. Sending hugs your way. It varies how long it takes for your hcg to go down but the main thing is its going down. I had chemo and it took a few months for me to get to normal. Lots of ladies here to help and lend an ear.

Rafferty - its amazing being a SAHM! I feel so lucky to be a home with Corban and see everything.

Tina - soon be friday! Must let us know how it goes!

Hugs to everyone
xxxxxx

My results were not great - they are down to 17 (from 19) in three weeks!! :cry:

This is taking so flippin' long!!!

I need to decide when to have the next one. I am going away in 2 weeks, so if I don't have a test before I go, it will be 5 weeks without a test.

What would you guys do? Have a test in 2 weeks or wait 5 weeks. Part of me says wait till I get back, I don't want to ruin my holiday, if the next set of results is rubbish, but then I'm scared if I leave it 5 weeks then the results may have gone up.....

xx

I spoke to Sheffield and they said it was highly unlikely to be the mole coming back and they are pretty confindent I'm pregnant but advised an early scan just to be 100% sure, so I called my local GPs as my EPU needs a referal for an early scan and they got the midwife to call me back. She was lovely and luckly had quite a knowlege of PMP so she's booked me in for an early scan tomorrow at 11:45am and she also booked my booking in appointment for 9th May - she said Positive Mental Attitude is the way to go.

Really excited and very nervous! Kepping everything crossed that we get good news tomorrow, going by my lmp I should be 7weeks.

Thank you girls so much for you support - I'm not sure how well I'd cope without it!

Keep with the PMA!! I hope tomorrow goes well- let us know how you get on.
xx

My results were not great - they are down to 17 (from 19) in three weeks!! :cry:

This is taking so flippin' long!!!

I need to decide when to have the next one. I am going away in 2 weeks, so if I don't have a test before I go, it will be 5 weeks without a test.

What would you guys do? Have a test in 2 weeks or wait 5 weeks. Part of me says wait till I get back, I don't want to ruin my holiday, if the next set of results is rubbish, but then I'm scared if I leave it 5 weeks then the results may have gone up.....

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Im sorry they only went down by 2 :hugs: It must feel like this is going on forever but i can say at least they are heading in the right direction which has gotta be a good thing right?

Were are you going on holiday? Im not gonna be much help here as i dont know what id do.... how much would it upset you before your holiday if it ws another small drop? Whats the longest you have left it before?

xxxxx

I am going to Boston. The company I work for has an office there and so I am working for a week there and then having a week on holiday. I am so excited about it! I will there for my 30th birthday (which I was kinda dreading because I really thought I would be a mummy by then)

We are probably going down to New York for a couple of days so it should be really exciting. I haven't been abroad for so long - and my hubby and I have never been abroad together (even though we have been together for 12 yrs).

The longest I have been without a test is three weeks (the test just gone) and I was really hoping for a bit of a bigger drop (since it had been 3 weeks). I was wondering if your menstrual cycle can mess it up. I remember Megan saying something about it. Last month it dropped 3 in 2 weeks around the time of my period, now this time it has dropped 2 in 3 weeks and I just had my period. It seems to drop more in the middle of my cycle than other times.

I need to weigh up whether I will worry more if I don't have the test, then the potential that it will upset me. I suppose I can see how I feel.

xx

New york! Im soooo jealous!!! I love new york and sooo wanna go back. Spending your birthday there will be amazing. You totally deserve a lush holiday together! I read a post on a facebook molar page and im sure that had said something similar about levels and AF. Well if you dont need an appointment just see how you feel when your nearer the time im sure you will know then.

xxx

Sending lots of love and hugs Lotte. So sorry it only dropped by 2. I 'm not sure what i'd do-go with how you feel, trust your gut. So exciting to be spending your birthday in nyc. Sounds like a perfect time to get away. Thinking of you xx

xx

How did your scan go hun?

Lotte--If I was you I would test, then you can have results in 2 weeks and again when you get back it will be 3 weeks from the last one right--that would make me feel better than 5 weeks wait personally!

MrsWag--I hope your scan went well!!

AFM--I'm excited for my scan tomorrow, but nervous too! DH is getting off work early to go--almost wish I was facing it myself--but if everything is perfect I was DH to be there to see it too. I really hope these last few weeks of puking are all going towards a rainbow baby!!

So excited for you tomorrow! I'm sure it will all be fine.

I think i wil go in 2 weeks, i can only hope it goes down some more!

Let us know how you get on tomorrow :)

tina Cant wait to hear your news tomorrow. I have everything crossed and so does corban. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->