Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Vicki, hope your levels come down quickly. I'm glad your doctor has changed his mind and monitoring you closely xx

Ok so my doctor has called and I have a scan Friday at 11. I'm a little worried that if that is a mistake I won't see anything anyway? Then no doubt I'll worry about that! I'll get my urine result after 3 on Friday. Would you ladies go for the scan? Xxx

Dano one minute I worry and think why would I get that result then? Then I think it's gotta be a mistake cause eveeything points at it being that I'm nearly 4 weeks. I hate creating a fuss! I guess the scan will tell me if I'm pregnant on my timing or there's then the urine will also confirm one or the other. What will I see at 4 weeks? Not a lot? Xxx

You will see thickened lining and possibly a sac, but is is a bit early to say if you will see a sac for sure. They will probably call you back in fortnight to check size of the sac and the heartbeat of the baby :flower:
I opted for a scan at 6w 1d with my third bfp (they wanted to scan me at 5w) but there was no mix up with the results in my case, so I wasn't worried about waiting.
Repeat betas would be more beneficial I'd say, but they may do those at the same time as the scan anyway xx

I know if I'm right and am 4 weeks then I'm not gonna see much but I guess if there results are right I'll either see more or molar. I think I'll be happy seeing even just a thicken lining if it means no molar. I think it will just help sort the confusion. I'll get urine results so we will see if the 509 was a mistake for sure. Fingers crossed! And fingers crossed they ask me back in 2 weeks too! Xxx

After I had brown spotting with the molar and never chased up an early scan I promised myself next time round if I was worried I'd make sure I'd get it sorted. I know this scan could be stupidly early but I think it will help resolve the confusion so I know if there result is right! Do you ladies think I'm stupid getting this scan? Xxx

No Laura i think you have to go with what you think is right. You know it is early, but i think it would help put your mind at rest with regards to the molar.

What time is your scan on friday?

Afm, been very busy at work, we were out last night was out till 12.30 which is very late for me. Also there is a board meeting for our directors on friday and i have lots of work to do, so i apologise for my absence.

8dpo and i have been had tummy ache all day, not cramps but that heavy feeling. Temp dipped low this morning - prob reading too much into it but oh well. Fx'd i get a second pink line! Prob test in morning, but know it is still early

Xxx

Becky love the scan picture!

Vicki glad you are being monitored closely! Fx'd for a good drop this week!

Xx

Thanks Lotte honey! I just want to know if I'm right or if charring cross are right! I'm booked in for 11 and I'll call at 3 for hcg results from ch x. Sounds like your busy busy! I struggle with late nights! What happened to being able to party all night? I don't know much about temping? Is a drop good? Its possible for 9 dpo but still early so don't give up hope yet! Fingers ties arms and legs crossed xxx

I agree, don't worry about messing people about, just go with what you think hun!!

I'll be keeping everything crossed in the meantime!
Have you tested again at all?

No I think I will in the morning just to makesure my test is darker. Am saving my digi to make sure it changes next week to 2-3 weeks. Xxx

I hope he keeps a closer eye on them. Once it shows its going down he may not, but I will talk to the nurse and tell her I am not really comfortable with him not checking them at least every other week and see if she will give in and have them checked if not I will ask my family Dr tp check them more.

Vicki

Good luck Laura on Friday. I have everything crossed xx

Hi! My name is Rebecca. My story is quite long and complicated.
To begin with, in Oct. 2008 I found out I was pregnant. I was newly married and wasn't ready to be pregnant yet, so I was scared. At around 7 weeks I miscarried and it was a normal miscarriage. However, I was devestated. I vowed that the next time I got pregnant I would be overjoyed!
In late February/ early March 2009 I found out my husband and I were pregnant again. I was so happy. I knew things would be different this time around, and boy were they. I ended up miscarrying again at around 6/7 weeks. I was devastated. In the ER I told them something was wrong, it didn't all expell like the first time. I asked them if I would need a D&C and they said no, I was fine. They were wrong. I continued to have complications and my dr. wouldn't get me in, they just gave me a medicine that was supposed to expell everything else. That just made matters worse. We are now into April and I ended up going to the ER to find out what was going on. I was told that I would have to have a laperscopic procedure to look for a possible ectopic pregnancy. I went in April 7th and work up April 8th with tubes in my mouth and up my nose. I couldn't talk and thought I was dying. I found out my doctor botched my surgery and I almost died. It really is by the grace of God that I am alive and I thank God every day for saving my life. However, my story doesn't end there.
After an 8 day stay in the hospital I still had the original problem I came in with. My HCG count still said I was pregnant. I was told after a couple follow up visits from my dr. that I had a molar pregnancy and required a D&C. I was so scared because the same dr that botched my first surgery had to perform the D&C. After the D&C my HCG levels began to drop, I was relieved. However, when I went back the second time my HCG count came back and tripled in number. At this time it was considered cancerous and it had finally been named a complete molar pregnancy with a twin that I miscarried.
We are in May now. I began appointments at a hopital in Chicago, IL preparing me for chemotherapy treatments. I was told I would only need 1 treatment of methyltrexate. My dr was wrong again...go figure! I ended up having chemo starting June 4th-end of August 2009. The treatments were every 2 weeks and were very strong. I was told I would have no side effects, but like everything else, the dr was wrong about that too. I lost so much weight. I got down to 70lbs and that was only because I stopped weighing myself then, I lost almost all my hair, had sores in my mouth, vomitted a lot, I was weak, had an increase of saliva, loss of memory, sensitivity to everything, etc.
My life is forever changed. It has been almost 3 years now but I still grieve the loss of my babies. I wish I could have someone to talk to about this that understands. I have so many questions. Even though time has passed I still have flashbacks of the chemo. I can smell it sometimes and it makes me feel so sick. After all this I have such self esteem and worth issues. I feel like less of a woman. I just want to know that what I am going through is normal and if these will go away? Some days I just ache and have bad days physically and emotionally. I still have memory and balance issues. I am super sensitive to heat and feel like my skin is melting off of me when the sun hits me. Are these normal? Is there anyone out there who can help me?
In closing, I am a Christian. I could not have got through all this without my heavenly father. He is my comforter and my rock. I was able to be a positive light throughout my experience however, now I need to know that I am not alone. If anyone could be a support to me like a pen pal or something I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi! My name is Rebecca. My story is quite long and complicated.
To begin with, in Oct. 2008 I found out I was pregnant. I was newly married and wasn't ready to be pregnant yet, so I was scared. At around 7 weeks I miscarried and it was a normal miscarriage. However, I was devestated. I vowed that the next time I got pregnant I would be overjoyed!
In late February/ early March 2009 I found out my husband and I were pregnant again. I was so happy. I knew things would be different this time around, and boy were they. I ended up miscarrying again at around 6/7 weeks. I was devastated. In the ER I told them something was wrong, it didn't all expell like the first time. I asked them if I would need a D&C and they said no, I was fine. They were wrong. I continued to have complications and my dr. wouldn't get me in, they just gave me a medicine that was supposed to expell everything else. That just made matters worse. We are now into April and I ended up going to the ER to find out what was going on. I was told that I would have to have a laperscopic procedure to look for a possible ectopic pregnancy. I went in April 7th and work up April 8th with tubes in my mouth and up my nose. I couldn't talk and thought I was dying. I found out my doctor botched my surgery and I almost died. It really is by the grace of God that I am alive and I thank God every day for saving my life. However, my story doesn't end there.
After an 8 day stay in the hospital I still had the original problem I came in with. My HCG count still said I was pregnant. I was told after a couple follow up visits from my dr. that I had a molar pregnancy and required a D&C. I was so scared because the same dr that botched my first surgery had to perform the D&C. After the D&C my HCG levels began to drop, I was relieved. However, when I went back the second time my HCG count came back and tripled in number. At this time it was considered cancerous and it had finally been named a complete molar pregnancy with a twin that I miscarried.
We are in May now. I began appointments at a hopital in Chicago, IL preparing me for chemotherapy treatments. I was told I would only need 1 treatment of methyltrexate. My dr was wrong again...go figure! I ended up having chemo starting June 4th-end of August 2009. The treatments were every 2 weeks and were very strong. I was told I would have no side effects, but like everything else, the dr was wrong about that too. I lost so much weight. I got down to 70lbs and that was only because I stopped weighing myself then, I lost almost all my hair, had sores in my mouth, vomitted a lot, I was weak, had an increase of saliva, loss of memory, sensitivity to everything, etc.
My life is forever changed. It has been almost 3 years now but I still grieve the loss of my babies. I wish I could have someone to talk to about this that understands. I have so many questions. Even though time has passed I still have flashbacks of the chemo. I can smell it sometimes and it makes me feel so sick. After all this I have such self esteem and worth issues. I feel like less of a woman. I just want to know that what I am going through is normal and if these will go away? Some days I just ache and have bad days physically and emotionally. I still have memory and balance issues. I am super sensitive to heat and feel like my skin is melting off of me when the sun hits me. Are these normal? Is there anyone out there who can help me?
In closing, I am a Christian. I could not have got through all this without my heavenly father. He is my comforter and my rock. I was able to be a positive light throughout my experience however, now I need to know that I am not alone. If anyone could be a support to me like a pen pal or something I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Welcome to our "group" we have a lovely bunch of ladies on here with many different molar stories and phases post molar. I personally had a partial molar pregnancy and it was caught after my d&c pathology results came back. Before that I was told I had a Missed Miscarriage (MMC). I'm 20 weeks today with a new pregnancy and things are progressing well. My journey with this began in September of 2011 and I got my first negative hCG result the end of Dec 2011. 2012 was a year of "fresh starts" for us. Sorry I can't help so much with the post-chemo questions as I didn't require any treatment post d&c. Mummy2Corban has a lot going on over the past few days getting results back, but she did have treatment and I know she mentioned something about avoiding sun exposure for the first year following treatment. She is a great gal--if she doesn't respond right away it's just because of her current situation--I'm sure she might be able to offer more support in the next few days.

Laura--I am soooooo sorry to read about your last few days. I had my first u/s @ 5 weeks 2 day with the pregnancy and as you may remember I was bothered by not being able to see much at that point--gestational sac was all they could confirm (It did rule out ectopic). Bloods would be better to go off of rather than urine I would think--but I don't really know that for sure. Thinking about you hun!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Stay strong. I trust your OPK's HPT's etc are the more likely true results. Did they have the right Laura when they were looking up your results?? That does also seem weird that they mailed a letter informing you sooo long ago and you still haven't received. Probably who ever did have that 509 hCG reading got their results and since that WASN'T YOU that is why you haven't received a letter. There must have been some sort of mix up---its all just too crazy!

Hi Rebecca, I'm so sorry to read your story. It is quite shocking and also sounds like they got things wrong on so many levels, did they even give you the antidote on your rest days? I feel very fortunate that I had my chemo treatment at charing cross at the molar unit in London now! There is a counsellor available via charing cross, who it may be worth getting in touch with. Also legal advice may be worth thinking about!
In the meantime, how are you now? Are you able to try for a baby again now? Im concerned you are still getting side effects, this doesn't sound right. I had the same chemo in 2009 and I feel fine now. I wonder if one of the doctors at charing cross might be able to help with any suggestions, you could try emailing them, I bet one would reply.
:hug:

rcalhoun- Im so sorry to read your story it really sounds like you have had a hard time. I agree with dano on that you should try emailing charring cross as one of the doctors will reply. You can maybe get some much needed info. I also had chemo which i had from august to december for a complete molar. I too have a bit of a fuzzy brain and lost tonnes of weight too. We are all here to support you lovely so one of us will always be here to listen and try help.

Hugs
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"