Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Laura---It's almost wedding time---so exciting :flow:

Lotte--good luck with the scan tomorrow. My 5week 2day scan wasn't super informative as you may remember--gestational sac only, but hopefully you will see more tomorrow--and maybe Laura is right--with such amazing numbers--maybe you will be having twins!!

Vicki--Its so hard to know what to do. Do you think you will take a NTNP approach then if you are putting it in God's hands?? We did that for 2 months (after our first month @ negative) but after 2 more months I went all out with the OPK's and temping, etc. and we got our BFP.

Becky--aren't the flutters great?!? DH even got to feel a few kicks over the weekend--I LOVE being able to feel movement every day now!

Dan-O How are you love?? Thinking of you!!

Rafferty--How is your Dad doing??

Rachieroo--it's getting close for you!!!

Eleanor--so glad your Kitty is back home (Stole that tidbit from facebook hehe)

Megan--you make me so worried when we don't hear from you as often but then you always pop up with great news to report so I hope everything is going well for you. At least I know you are doing pretty well via facebook too!!

Tung--I hope you are feeling better--you have been quietly lately as well

OK Sorry if I have missed anyone, we were away this past weekend so there was some catching up to do---Love to you all!!

:flow: Tina

Wctrn - I am so sorry. I had my d&c June 22. I had my u/s at what I thought was 10.5 weeks but was dated to 6.5 they said I could be just on the border line but looked like a blighted ovum. Had a second u/s 2 week later and Dr told me he would give me 2 weeks to m/c on my own. So I grieved the loss the first 2 weeks. Cause I wasn't expecting good news. Then the next 2 weeks I was focusing on m/c so I could try again sooner. At my 2 week follow up I found out and asked my Dr if he was suprised. He said yes but there was one spot that looked questionable but since I had no other symptoms (hcg was normal for being that far along.) That he did not expect it. I had a complete. My number went from 2 weeks prior 28000 2 weeks after 37000 a week later to 8 and I estates today so I will find out tomorrow. My Dr said a year. (his partner said 6-12 months.) I think if it is under 5 tomorrow that means it went down to neg on its own in 4 weeks.

Blakesmom- I can usually tell when.I ovulate cause I get high move way to put it (cant think of Ny) I get really horney and I have a little pain around my overies. I am thinking for Oct. On Nov. I will use that clue. But I had depo the start of July so I font know if it will be completly worn off by then or not. If it doesn't happen I will try to convince myself to wait till next march and if I do we will probably just use the pull out method. (my husband has that mastered.) Haven't gotten preg that way bit have with bcp and condoms. If I can't talk myself into it I will just listen to my body. If it doesn't happen till march I may do opk. And that is depending what I find out tomorrow.

Vicki

I don't even know where to begin. I got my first BFP on 5/24/12; I know because it was exactly one month after the first day of my LMP. I was really nervous when it was positive I had only been at my new job for 1 month. When I showed the EPT to my husband he was so excited "take a picture of it" he yelled...we did on our iphones. Anyway, we got a little too excited and ended up telling our family and close friends. I had all of the normal pregnancy signs and symptoms; everything seemed to be going well. This pregnancy, although a surprise, was such a delight and motivation for both my husband and I; at times, I thought he was more excited than I was:happydance: During the next few weeks we read our pregnancy books, looked at photos week by week, and planned our lives around having a baby. The day finally came for my first doppler app. I'm a Registered Nurse and wanted an ultra sound first to make sure everything was ok; just the paranoia that comes with being a healthcare professional. I knew right away by looking at the screen that I'd had a miscarriage. There was a sac but nothing there; what the doctor called a "blighted Ovum" She sent me over to have another ultrasound just to make sure where a small mass was found. The doctor thought it may be a partial molar or, very unlikely, an early pregnancy. Which I knew was not correct, I had been tracking my period very closely. She made me wait 1 week before scheduling my D and C. Again, I was reminded that I'd had a miscarriage when no growth had taken place after 1 week. I had my D and C that Friday, only 4 days ago; I would have been 12 weeks. My doc said everything went well and that it looked like a regular blighted ovum miscarriage. Unfortunately, I got more bad news today. My doctor is pretty positive it was a partial molar pregnancy. Tests say suggestive but are not conclusive. More testing needs to be done. Either way, she said it was not a normal straightforward miscarriage. Now, I don't know what to do. I'm trying to be positive about this whole thing but I feel like I'm still grieving the loss of the miscarriage and now have to deal with not controlling when we TTC again. I have to have 3 negative HCG levels then wait 2-4 months to TTC; that's if everything goes as planned. I feel like I have no control over anything and my emotions are all over the place; thanks to the hormone shift. I'm trying to focus my attention elsewhere but I feel so angry that I'm only 27 and have to deal with this rare random thing. I'm a nurse but am still confused about exactly how a partial molar forms and the risks. I've read a lot online but it's still hard to comprehend. I feel that my husband was so excited as well and this tire experience has made everthing having to do with pregnancy and babies negative. Just a few weeks ago we were both a very happy healthy couple ready to have a baby in the next 9 months. I feel hollow, sad, angry, and alone. My husband has been great but men tend to want to fix things and move on, or focus attention on something else. I feel alone because this is so rare and I feel that I have no one to talk to about it who has experienced this. Does anyone who has gone through this have some advice on how to cope and move on. I know I will be okay but right now it's hard to imagine feeling happy or positive anytime soon.

Please respond WTCRN

Hello honey, I'm so sorry to read your story. You have found the right place to express yourself as we all totally understand. We all have different stories but we will all be able to help you in some way! I had a complete molar in August last year. My levels before the d&c were 255,000. Two weeks later my levels were 92,000 and because of bleeding I started treatment which I finished dec. we are now trying again. There are so many feelings that come with gaving a molar and at the beginning there are to many to process but it will get better!! You will have your rainbow baby. Hugs xxxx

Lotte how did things go? Thinking of you my lovely xxxx

Meme any news from your doctor? Xxx

Everyone else how are you? Are we all getting some sun???

Xxxx

Scan at 3pm Laura

I'll be sure to update you all.

I'll be back properly later

xx

I did wonder what time it is!!! Hehe! I'm hoping that your gonna be sharing some amazing news with us! Thinking of you xxxxx

Wtcrn, so sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome to our group. I would not have got through this experience if it wasn't for this wonderful group of ladies. It is nice to be able to talk to other people who understand. I had my d and c back in jan after 15 weeks. I had a partial mole and found it hard to deal with loss of baby as well as the mole. I was lucky and didn't need treatment and had my levels go back to negative in 7 weeks. I am now almost 15 weeks with my rainbow and everything to date is going well. The best thing about this group is that there are women here at different points in their journeys so it gives yo hope that good things do come out of such a devastating experience. Sending lots of love and good thoughts your way. We are all here to listen and support you xx

How'd your scan go Lotte?

Almost 15 weeks now. I have another appointment and scan on friday. I convinced myself that I was just having gas for a week until there was too much pattern to the flutters. I am interested to see if i feel them during the scan.

So exciting about all the movement and kicks Tina. Just so so exciting :)

Laura, how are you feeling?

Dano, did you come to a decision about whether you'll do another cycle?

Meme, any news?

Megan, Cathy, Rachel, Eleanor, Rafferty, how are you all?

no news yet, my dr. doesnt open for another half hr. and his nurse said he would call late afternoon :/ blah, but my "period" stopped by the time I got home yesterday evening, so that makes me think even more so that the mole is growing again.

I hope that it's not the mole meme. I really hope they can give you some answers! Do you think they will offer a scan?? I hope you hear something soon. Xxxx

15 weeks becky! That's just lovely! With Corban I put it down to gas for a while until i realised it was him for sure! Hehe!

I'm feeling ok! Still having on and off bleeding but it's definitely starting to turn brown so I think it will give up soon enough. Gonna start doing opks in a few days to see if it changed my luteal phase. I cant wait to be talking rainbows with you all!! Only 2 weeks and 3 days till the wedding so that's been a great distraction!

Thank you do much ladies!

Love you all

Xxxxxxxx c

not once have they even brought up a scan? which I find strange? Bc wouldnt that give a pretty clear answer? At least I think so, so if thats not in with what he tells me today, then I think Im going to just go ahead and ask for one

Yeah I would think they would see something if it was the mole! They can only tell so much with blood results so you would think they would offer a scan! Let us know what they say xxx

so I heard from the Dr. :) I go to see him *he's an oncologist* Friday at noon. Ill have to go by myself since my husband will be at work and my family will have already left for KY to our family reunion. Is it weird that Im excited to go see an oncologist???? Just bc I want this process to get started tho!

It's good they have something booked for you so you can get some answers! Have everything crossed its not the mole xxx

Meme- glad you got your appointment set up. Keep us posted.

AFM- my blood test came back negative.... Yay, I go back in a month for another one. I am happy to wait a Month now that I know it is neg.

Vicki

Great news vicki! Bet you must feel better now it's normal. Hugs for you!! Xxx

Great news vicki! Bet you must feel better now it's normal. Hugs for you!! Xxx

I feel a lot better about the future choice I am making as well. If it wasn't neg. I would hold off my plans. But I thinking I will go ahead in hopes that in Oct the shot is worn off so I will ovulate. I am hoping Oct over nov. Because it is cutting it close to when school starts for my due date. If I don't get accepted then I may not stop trying but I would rather get accepted.

Vicki

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->