Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Lotte that is so great that you got some nephew time in. Besides Blake's grandpa his Auntie (DH's youngest sister) is his favorite person to hang out with!

I've not been to bad thank you Lotte. Morning sickness see to be easing even though I don't wanna say that out loud yet just encase it jinxes it!!! I can't believe I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. Looking forward to my next scan to check baby is ok.

We put our tree up too! Our cats keep away as one of our dogs (only 7 months) likes to chase them..... Same dog has also eaten about 15 decorations! Hehe! I bet it looks lovely with the presents. Do you have two cats? I'm doing a bit of wrapping every night.

So glad your busy at work! Plus if its good money then that's a bonus!

Super cute about your nephew! So sweet when they wanna come back too! I've been enjoying my niece hazel.... 3 weeks old. She's beautiful!

Xxxx

Vegas I'd talk to your dr about a 3 month wait if your happy with that. Charring cross said here are our findings and we recommend you wait but totally understand why I wouldn't. Because of the chemo I was told by them to not try before 6 months. There's lotsa of evidence that you will more than likely have a happy ending! Goodluck lovely!

Amurray yay to your period! And yay for monthly draws

Xxx

Lotte that is so great that you got some nephew time in. Besides Blake's grandpa his Auntie (DH's youngest sister) is his favorite person to hang out with!

Thanks Tina.

Luke is too beautiful! Your family is just the cutest!

Xx

I've not been to bad thank you Lotte. Morning sickness see to be easing even though I don't wanna say that out loud yet just encase it jinxes it!!! I can't believe I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. Looking forward to my next scan to check baby is ok.

We put our tree up too! Our cats keep away as one of our dogs (only 7 months) likes to chase them..... Same dog has also eaten about 15 decorations! Hehe! I bet it looks lovely with the presents. Do you have two cats? I'm doing a bit of wrapping every night.

So glad your busy at work! Plus if its good money then that's a bonus!

Super cute about your nephew! So sweet when they wanna come back too! I've been enjoying my niece hazel.... 3 weeks old. She's beautiful!

Xxxx

Yes we have two cats they are our babies! How many do you have? And. A dog too! Must be a busy house! What are they called?

I saw your niece on fb she is lovely! Hazel is a cool name too!

When is your next scan? Are you team yellow? So exciting!

Xx

Lotte I have two pussy cats kitkat and houdie (my babies) and two dogs dolly and obi (Chris babies) what are your cats named?

Hazel is yummy!

Next scan is the 19th ill be 18+6 and have to see the consultant again. I am tempted to find out but we will stay team yellow. Chris can't make it because of work so my Mumma is coming.

Xxx

So good to see you on here Lotte. Think about you everyday. So sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hope that the next 3 weeks to Christmas are good ones. Sounds like our nephew had fun. I hope my niece has fun hanging out with me next week. She is 4 and with kindy finished for the year it allows my 7 year old nephew some special mum only time. Also means I get to.hang out with her, she is still young enough to think that is cool. I hope.it goes as smoothly as your sleepover did :)
So glad that work is keeping you busy too xx

Laura, love the photos of hazel. She is gorgeous xx

Loving being on leave, I should have done thr whole no work thing (well maybe part time thing) years ago. I have got so many things achieved! Today I am hanging out with my mum and little sisterto help mum with Christmas shopping. I ahve finished and wrapped all mine so its nice to be able to help them. At least it is taking my mind off everything else. We have decided.to be positive and set up the nursury completely as having things in boxes is like preparing for not bring our bub home. I went to another doc on Monday as mine will be away when I have it and I wanted to be comfortable with the other one. I am measuring so far behind that they are worried about bub's growth. If she isn't happy with things on 27 (will be into my 37th week) so will just induce me early as the previous pmp is an indicator of possible placental issues especially with my other issues and low blood pressure. Holding bub has got to make this whole journey worth it.

Glad there have been some great hcg results :)

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Raff, I have everything crossed for you and hope the next few weeks go quickly until your next scan. If most if the research is positive, avoid the temptation of looking further and take the believe that it does end positively. If you search long enough you can always find something bad. Your bub has been a fight and determined so far. Praying it continues to be so determined xx

Vegas - I've been told I can try after three months. Charing cross said if you're over 35 and wanting to try again they look at your case individually.
I'm back in surgery tomorrow, MRI showed scar tissue that they think is causing the pain, so they are going to take a look and get rid of what they can. Feeling very nervous.

amurray: Here are some excerpts from the research I found on this blog. I am not citing where the research came from and these quotes are from several of the papers the blogger has listed. Each appears to come from a credible source (though I'm sure my doc will tell me if she thinks otherwise). None of these say three months per se, but they indicate that once the hcg is gone it appears to be gone for good (fingers crossed this is true and this research is good). I will also include the link to the blog where I found it. Let me know what you think.

The blog itself: https://bellavitamamma.blogspot.com/

"Conclusion: Our results support the suggestion that a single undetectable human chorionic gonadotropin level after evacuation is sufficient follow-up to ensure remission in patients with partial hydatidiform moles. "

" Feltmate et al5 reviewed hCG serum titers after molar evacuation in patients who are diagnosed with complete mole, with the database from the New England Trophoblastic Disease Center. None of the 1029 patients who received this diagnosis between 1973 and 2001 had GTN after normalization of hCG. They concluded that patients who achieved undetectable serum hCG levels of <5 mIU/mL may be considered to be in remission and excused from further follow-up visits."

"Our results support the suggestion that a single undetectable hCG level after evacuation is sufficient follow-up to ensure remission in patients with partial hydatidiform moles. None of the 74 women in our study who achieved hCG normalization subsequently had GTN. At the New England Trophoblastic Disease Center, Feltmate et al7 reached the same conclusion after observing no relapses among 107 patients with partial mole who had at least 1 undetectable hCG level. Batorfi et al8 reported that none of 120 molar patients who were treated at the National Health Center in Hungary experienced relapse after achieving normalization of hCG levels. "

"In contrast, no patient diagnosed with partial mole had a biochemical or clinical relapse after achieving normal levels of hCG, consistent with previous studies. Patients who have had a partial hydatidiform mole should be followed by hCG assays until normal levels are achieved and then follow-up can be safely discontinued."

Bev: Good luck tomorrow, I'll pray for a speedy recovery. Hope they can resolve the source of your pain. Have you had enough of doctors yet? I thought I was in for a lot of dr visits before this whole pmp thing happened. Had I only known! Thankfully my docs office is less than a mile away from my house.

Hi ladies, glad to hear some happy stories!
I'm freaking out a little right now. This Morning I woke up with a soar throat, my ears hurt and all day ive had a bad headache and feel feverish- I just had my blood taken today and I am so scared the numbers are going to be up tomorrow because of how I feel today. I am a teacher and there are germs everywhere but because of the molar I'm stressing thinking it's that.. My levels were 53 and new England says once you hit under 50 you have a 1% chance of it coming Back (only 3 away) but I just don't know, I can't stop being nervous :(

Angelcutie - fingers crossed for your results.
Vegas - thank you. Yes had enough of doctors, hospitals and blood tests!! They tried to get a line in for my MRI yesterday and really struggled. Think my veins have had enough. So should be interesting for tomorrows op! I'd like to wake up and be told the pain is all sorted.

So i am having a lot of cm with pink earlier today was bright red. So i not done. Have a liie more cramping with it.

Vicki

So good to see you on here Lotte. Think about you everyday. So sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hope that the next 3 weeks to Christmas are good ones. Sounds like our nephew had fun. I hope my niece has fun hanging out with me next week. She is 4 and with kindy finished for the year it allows my 7 year old nephew some special mum only time. Also means I get to.hang out with her, she is still young enough to think that is cool. I hope.it goes as smoothly as your sleepover did :)
So glad that work is keeping you busy too xx

Laura, love the photos of hazel. She is gorgeous xx

Loving being on leave, I should have done thr whole no work thing (well maybe part time thing) years ago. I have got so many things achieved! Today I am hanging out with my mum and little sisterto help mum with Christmas shopping. I ahve finished and wrapped all mine so its nice to be able to help them. At least it is taking my mind off everything else. We have decided.to be positive and set up the nursury completely as having things in boxes is like preparing for not bring our bub home. I went to another doc on Monday as mine will be away when I have it and I wanted to be comfortable with the other one. I am measuring so far behind that they are worried about bub's growth. If she isn't happy with things on 27 (will be into my 37th week) so will just induce me early as the previous pmp is an indicator of possible placental issues especially with my other issues and low blood pressure. Holding bub has got to make this whole journey worth it.

Glad there have been some great hcg results :)

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Becky that is great your Drs are being cautious and willing to induce to keep babe safe. Mine were so determined to make me go to the very end even with the GD, high BP that turned into severe preeclampsia, measuring small, and losing weight in the final weeks-- I was so stressed until I heard that beautiful first cry!! Once babe is here it is ALL worth it!!

Bev: How did it go? Thinking of you.

Angel: Sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm sure it is just the germy kids. 53 is great. You are sooooo close.

So I got my first hcg result post d&c today: 369. Honestly I was shocked that they were this low so quickly (I made the nurse repeat the number because I was sure she was missing a digit). Guess she really cleaned me out. So 29,000 to 369. I have a feeling that it is going to go down really slowly from here, but who knows. I changed my testing day from Wednesday to Thursdays so this next result gets the extra day for the numbers to go down just a tiny bit more.

great drop vegas!!

thanks bevb, how are you feeling?

how are the rest of you ladies?

afm- supposed to get my results today but of course the dr office closed early so didn't get them UGH, still not feeling all that great, feel feverish and throat/ears hurt but better today than yesterday, it's been exactly 4 weeks since my d and c and I guess i should start waiting for AF, not sure when she'll arrive, i hate all this waiting, that's all this is, waiting, waiting, waiting =/ have my follow up ultra sound tomorrow so i'm just feeling all sorts of emotions today, praying for a lower number and good u/s tomorrow!

Hi ladies, went ok, they found endometriosis, so he removed all the cells. Need to read up on it, I know nothing about it. Didn't react well to something in theatre so had to stay overnight. It's so noisy and I hurt so not much sleeping happening.
Vegas - brilliant news re your results xx
Angel - let us know how the scan goes
All ok with everyone else? Xx

great drop vegas!!

thanks bevb, how are you feeling?

how are the rest of you ladies?

afm- supposed to get my results today but of course the dr office closed early so didn't get them UGH, still not feeling all that great, feel feverish and throat/ears hurt but better today than yesterday, it's been exactly 4 weeks since my d and c and I guess i should start waiting for AF, not sure when she'll arrive, i hate all this waiting, that's all this is, waiting, waiting, waiting =/ have my follow up ultra sound tomorrow so i'm just feeling all sorts of emotions today, praying for a lower number and good u/s tomorrow!

I had to have an u/s post d&c to Check some cysts on my ovaries they were co concerned about-it was sad going for an ultrasound knowing its not to check on a baby I hope it goes well for you tomorrow!

Becky I'm glad there keeping an eye on you. Your so close to the finish line lovely. Won't be long till bubba is home in your lovely nursery.

Bev how are you feeling? Did you manage to get any rest?

Angel hope your scan goes ok and you get your levels. There is a whole lot of waiting with this. Hope AF arrives soon.

Vegas that's a great drop. My numbers slowed right down when they got under 100. Hopefully it won't take to long till negative.

Vicki how are things?

Megan how are you lovely? Not long!!!!

Lotte hugs

Raff how ya doing???

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members