Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Bev we married a year to the day I had my d&c do it was hard but I felt it was a help righting the wrongs from the year before. Fingers crossed you have a pageboy/bridesmaid for 2014. You must upload a picture of you in your dress!

Lotte hopefully all will be well with this pregnancy and your precious Rory was just by chance like you say. It must be so very hard thinking you should be 30 weeks! Gosh I wish I could hug you. I try tell myself if it wasn't for my molar and early mc I wouldn't be carrying this baby. Dunno if that will help but it has helped me. I hope it doesn't drag to much for you until next Friday as it would be good to have answers.

Xxx

Fingers crossed for you ladies! Congrats on the wedding bevb! How are you doing?
Feeling kind of crappy. Found out yesterday that my
cousin is expecting her third baby. This is the first person
close to me who has become
pregnant since my diagnosis
and I took it pretty bad and
feel awful about this jealousy
I feel. I cried in DH's arms all
morning and melted down
again before bed. I haven't been this depressed since
my d and c and I don't know
why. She's due 2 months
after I would be and it just
kills me to know what she
has and what I lost. I hate
this feeling, I know I should
be happy and when she told
me she said, "I'm so sorry I'm pregnant" Which made me
feel even worse that she
would feel bad about telling
me. It was this whole big
thing about them telling me
and they hugged me and I
cried because i was happy
and sad at the same time. Im
so petrified that I wont get
pregnant again because I
had the complete molar and
I'm scared I have more bad
eggs. :( I go for my third
weekly negative today then
switch to monthlies for three
months so I'm getting close
but still so so scared this will happen. Sorry for the rant
ladies just needed to vent to
those who understand. I was
doing well and now this is a
huge set back for me.

How are the preggo ladies
doing? How are the new
rainbows? Some of you are so close I'm so happy for you!

Angel it's so normal! Honestly! Your happy but sad/jealous then feel awful for being jealous. I tried to just accept all those feelings as it being totally normal.... It does help a little. I went to support my sil at a baby and toddler show 8 months after and I cried nearly the whole time. It's all normal and we are all here for you! I thought at times maybe I'm just faulty as I had a cmp with chemo then to have my mc it felt like I confirmed that but ill be 21 weeks tomorrow so it will happen for you lovely.

Xxxx

Angel i am sorry. I have done it so many times. When i found out kate and wills were having a baby i cried all evening. I couldn't stop and i don't even know them! I then found out about 2 weeks ago my sisters friend was expecting again i cried and cried.

I said to my dh last night why did my baby die and not hers. It sounds so horrible, but it is normal. I am sure there is light at the end of your tunnel.

Xx

Hi,

I'm currently in limbo waiting to find out what's going on. I measured today at 6 weeks 5 days, but I thought with my LMP I should be almost 9 weeks.

My first HCG was 4247 on Dec. 17th. (About 2 weeks ago.) Today it was around 39,000. So, for almost 2 weeks later, that would be about right, right?

Also, my doctor told me he just didn't know 'what that was' in my ultrasound pic. We did detect a heartbeat, but I'm just not sure what to think.

I've had an early mc before, but it was the 'regular' kind. I am really hoping someone can share their story with me, so I know what's going on.

Wouldn't my HCG be a lot higher if it were molar?

Please help.

Hey jrc...

I cant be much help but wanted to let you know i hope your next scan is clearer,.is it soon?

My hcg was about 800 @ 4weeks then 2200 2 days later then 21k @ 5weeks.

X

Thank you so much girls, glad to know I'm not the only one who has felt this way! How are you feeling mummy? Lotte how about you??

Question- I hopefully had my last week of negatives today (wahoo!) and will start monthlies now, but what is considered monthly? 4 weeks from today or would it be february 2nd (like go the 2nd of every month since today was the 2nd)? thanks! officially on count down! also, has anyone else's blood pressure been high after the molar? the last two times i went to the gyno i was 130 over something, the nurse said it was a little high but the dr hasnt said anything and i forgot to mention it...now i have it in my head i have hypothyroidism or hypertension UGHH

jrc- sorry to hear about what you are going through! i had routine blood work done at 6 weeks and all was normal. At my 8 week vaginal ultrasound they saw a heartbeat, so they claimed (107 bpm) and when i asked if that was it on the screen they replied, "No, I'm not sure what that is." so i know exactly how that feels, those words still haunt me...they also told me the baby looked to be about a week behind what i thought, even though i knew exactly when i ovulated bc i bought those expensive clear blue opks ...they sent me to yale to have a better picture of the ultrasound two days later and claimed they again saw a heartbeat (114) and those dr's told me it could possibly be molar but to wait it out another week to make sure, so when i returned they couldnt find a heartbeat and ruled it as a complete molar and my hcg at the time (8/9 weeks) was 137,000, so yours does not seem that high which is good!..what are your next steps now? when are you going back for another u/s and when are they testing your hcg again? did your dr mention molar?

Thank you all so much for the replies. My doctor said it's either a twin that didnt make it or a molar pregnancy. I'm not sure about my dates but I thought I was almost 9 weeks not 7. I'm getting a call tomorrow about an appointment with another doctor. I read some about molar twins today and that worries me too.

Lotte, just seen you think you are pregnant again, what wonderful news, so pleased for you :hugs:

Thanks Dano

The tests are getting darker but I am only 12 dpo still! I did a frer this morning and the test line is as dark as the control line. But the days are dragging!

How are you doing?

xx

Hi everyone, I'm back.

Lotte: Super congrats to you! Sounds like things are going in the right direction and I pray it continues that way for another 38 weeks!

Angel: Sorry you are feeling down. It is so hard to see those close to us announcing pregnancies or having babies when we don't (at least for now). At least your cousin tried to be sensitive about her announcement.

JRC: I wish I knew what to say. I didn't get my HCG levels drawn until the day before my d&c at 13+2 and they were 29,000. I saw a heartbeat of 156 at my eight week appointment, but they measured me a whole week behind. I became concerned at that point because I knew my ovulation date through OPKs and temping and I knew we had only dtd twice during that period so I was sure. My doc discounted my instincts until she couldn't find a heartbeat at the next appointment. I hope in your case you dates are just off and you go on to have a healthy pregnancy. If that is not the case the women here are an amazing support.

How is everyone else doing? Have any new babies arrived yet?

AFM: Went to the doctor today for what will hopefully be my last weekly draw. I'm sure that regardless of the number they won't want me back for a while as I had to take my dd with me and she managed to fall backwards off a stool and bang her head on the floor just as they were finishing taking my blood. Nurses and random people from the other exam rooms came running to see what had happened. She was fine and they gave me some ice for her head. DH asked me last night when it was OK to TTC again. He only cares because he wants to retire by 55 and wants to get kids out of the way (he is only 34 now btw). I wanted to tell him that this whole thing wasn't exactly in my plan, but I didn't say a thing. I thought I'd be done having kids by now. Maybe I am. The trip home was nice other than the fact that my SIL had to come over to my inlaw's house every night where she would sit rubbing her pregnant belly while her dh took care of their three other kids. She is on rest as she has an incompetent cervix and had a cerclage to sew her shut so she can't take care of the children she already has. I know I should be happy for her, but I'm not. I know I need an attitude adjustment, but dd and I have colds and neither of us have been sleeping so I am grumpy. Hoping 2013 improves as I have such high hopes for this year.

Vegas so sorry about DD's head!! It's always so stressful having a squirmy kiddo during blood draws. It's not like you can chase after them with a needle in your arm. I used to take Blake in his stroller so I could strap him in lol.

B&L: If only she would stay in a stroller! She never sits still. Next week she will be back in mother's-day-out.

The nurse called this morning and I am negative. I asked her what the number was and she said it only comes back as negative if it is under 5. So now I go for the next three weeks and then start my monthlies. Seeing as I hit negative in five weeks I don't think I will wait the full six months to TTC, but I will wait at least three months. My new job should keep me busy so I don't focus on being in waiting to TTC limbo. I start work on the 22nd. Also, I know I'm only 5-1/2 weeks out on this whole thing, but when should I expect af? I know I haven't o'ed as my temps have yet to rise, but I didn't think that was necessarily required for af. At what point do I say something to my doctor? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hope everyone is well.

Vegas baby i was told under 100hcg you can have a period so i would guess your nearly there!

I had my first af about September which was2 months after erpc.

X

vegas- i was told you won't get a real period until you are negative as your body will still think it's pregnant...some women have gotten it under 100 or 50..for me I didn't get mine until 7 weeks after d and c, and 1 full week of being negative, so it will come. I was so nervous that it wouldn't, but it came! Hope dd is ok and congrats on being negative! I just finished my 3 weeklies of negative and on to monthlies, my count down has officially begun. I am also doing 3 weeks followed by 3 months, which is what Dr G sent me in his email and my dr said that he was perfectly fine with that and I had a CM (supposedly). I have done lots of research and the only time I've read about it coming back was with two cases and they were long after 6 months (don't know if that makes me nervous or not but trying to think how RARE that is!)

Ok, dont know when i will start my cycle again but today have sore boobs and had just a drop of blood on tp last night. I am not trying to read intonit because it could very easily be both. And i highly doubt it happened this past cycle. Will keep posted.

Vicku

I got af when my hcg was around 50 which was 28 days post d&c but it was so light I thought it was just left over spotting. My 2nd af was really heavy!! I didn't tell my Dr I was trying early so they found out before I went in for my monthly hcg and had had a positive hpt already.

Vegas - My first af came when my hcg was around 60, although it was just over 4 months since i had lost the baby. Its great news that you are negative, i wouls xpect af fairly soon. You may be gearing up to ovulate shortly!

Great news on the new job too!

Xx

Vegas, I was 25 days post d and c and level around 60 when a very light af turned up. Like others, my second one was super heavy. Great news on negatives!

Lotte so excited for darker lines. I have everything crossed for a happy, healthy rainbow outcome xx

As for me - some exciting news ... I have a little baby daughter! Born very early this morning 5th Jan 5 days before I was booked for induction. Very eager to enter the world after 2 days of full on gastro (and hospitals visits) for me so I follow my mum with quick labours following waters breaking. She is little and just perfect and we are so in love with our daughter. I have a daughter, this I never thought would happen. Her name is Marcella Isabel and I just love that's she's mine to take home :) will put up a pic in a few days xx

Hope everyone is well xx

FANTASTIC NEWS BECKY! I am so happy for you. Lovely name too! How much did she weigh?

So so happy! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->