Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Tina I've mainly had people say I'm carrying a girl! I'm so excited to find out!!!!

Clo lovely to hear your news. Will you get early scans this time round??

Xxx

So please to see ur expecting another shortly!

I dont know about early scans yet. I only got my bfp yesterday and really cramping today so kinda holding my breath still at the moment. I am going to ask for early scans again though xxx

Thank you lovely. Fingers crossed for you. Yeah I still can't believe I'm 32 weeks!

Xxx

Clo- wow, so happy you're on to number baby number two! I had no idea PMPs could be diagnosed as late at 23 weeks, I can see why you'd be terrified. But repeat PMPs are very very rare. Hope the first trimester flies by for you! Congratulations!

Ece- I never had hCG levels checked prior to my D&C, but I know two weeks after I was around 1600. And by 7 weeks post D&C I was under 5. We got pregnant about 7 months post D&C, but had started TTC a few months before then. I've heard the recommended wait is often shortened for women over 35, might be worth asking your doc about? A lot of women go by 3 months + 3 weeks of zero hCG as that is some doctors recommendations.

Hiya I'm not sure what happened first time as it was natural miscarriage and was told these things happen, when I had emergency scan b4 the miscarriage they could only see the sack no baby, second time had baby but it had died :( which that one was the pmp I never heard of it before untill now sorry about your loss too x

Thanks Rafferty. Yeah it was weird because I had scans at 6 & 8 weeks (due to spotting and cramp), 12 weeks, 16 weeks (as my bloods for downs/spina biffida came back a-typical but they didnt know why) and 20 weeks...and they all looked normal...but his heart stopped beating at 23 weeks and post mortum showed it had been a pmp.

The consultant thought after that the atypical bloods must have picked up on the extra chromosomes...but they didnt know that at the time. X

Ece-i had an cmp but everything was abnormal unusual for me that it really suprised the dr. Mynumbers were acyptually lower then they should have been. I was 10 week with 1st appt and u/s cause i found out later this time. And i was measurung 8 weeks with about 6 hcg. But after my d&c the lab came back as cmp. My blood levels were negative at my 4 week blood draw.

Vicki

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the numbers. My HCG 2 weeks post D&C is 610. I believe it's a little on the high side for a PMP (although I saw all kinds of numbers from 25 to 5000 and even more on different forums). So I guess I'll just try not to make a comparison with other women, but my own weekly drops! It's a shame I don't have my pre D&C numbers though!
My OB also did an US and said my uterus looked "clean"! But when I asked about future pregnancies and egg reserve/quality he said first we'll have to see the levels drop and discuss other issues later :(
In the meantime, I'll try to lower my stress levels (work-related), establish a healthier diet, and start exercising again! I will also look into acupuncture but I'm not sure if I can find a reliable center in Istanbul. I know there are many people using it for weight loss but I haven't heard it used for fertility/pregnancy issues. We'll see...
Another thing: I only had bleeding -and not that much really- after the D&C for a couple of days. After that only spotting that comes and goes. But since yesterday afternoon, I didn't have that either. Do you think I can get intimate with DH tonight? I must say I'm a little afraid and anxious. Did you experience any pain or discomfort during your first intercourse after D&C?
Sorry it's been a long post but I really don't know any women who went through a mp so you are the only people I can turn to with my silly questions!

Ece: Don't worry too much about the exact number just that it drops. Like you said you don't know what your numbers were to begin with so you may have been experiencing huge drops already. I think we waited three weeks before we got intimate again and it didn't hurt physically, but emotionally it was a little tough for me. It got easier with time. All of this gets a bit easier with time. I'm sorry your doctor won't answer all of your questions, I don't think they really want you to even think about ttc for awhile which is understandable, but still I think now is the time to address these issues for when you are given the green light to start again. Looks like you have a good plan as it is.

Ece, I know ofwomen who have used acupuncture for pregnancy and fertility - they recommend it. I know it is useful for inducing labour. You could always try and see. They may be Ble to help things drop quicker? Your doctor is right though - seeing how quickly your levels reach negative will.change his recommendations. If its quicklythey are usually happy with a shorter wait. Initamacy wise - I think it was a month as mentally I struggled beforehand. The hospital recommended 2 weeks to ensure the cervix was fully closed again to prevent infe tion risk as they dilate the cervix during the d and c. I hope your doctor answers more questions next time. Good approach using the time to improve health and fitness xx

Ece we didn't have sex for quite a while as I bleed for many weeks because of the chemo. When we finally did it didn't hurt just took a little while to feel emotionally comfortable with it. As for levels try not stress yourself to much as we all differ so much! Aslong as your levels are dropping its all good. When is your next draw? I spent my wait time getting to know my cycle etc to keep me busy.

Xxx

Lotte if you still check in I hope your ok. Sending loves!

Clo how are you doing?

Rainbow mummas are you all ok?

Everybody else how are levels? Ttc going?

Xxx

Im good thanks. Totally stressing about things going wrong with this pregancy but tested again today and got a much darker line which is good.

I hope everyone else is doing ok...still trying to catch up on everyone's stories xx

I think it's hard not too! To many what ifs! The molar made me think anything is possible. I'm sure all is well especially if those lines are getting darker! Keep us updated lovely! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Thanks for the feedback ladies. We didn't end up getting intimate since I had slight spotting and was afraid of infection as some of you have pointed out. Infact I wasn't even feeling emotionally ready but thought it could be an important step in getting "normal" after so much pain and sadness :(
I will get my next draw this Saturday. My OB said in 2 weeks, but I see that it's being handled weekly at early stages in UK and the States. I'm not sure doctors are very experienced in molar pregnancies here. Plus, I don't think I can bear not knowing my levels for 2 weeks.
I will track my cycle once I have one :) But I guess it won't be coming soon with HCG as high as 610. I hope it will drop as soon as possible and I can be over with this molar thing for good!

M2C-I think I like Cody the best, but all are very nice boys names!

My husband's cousin just named her new DD Hazel, so I'm a little sad that means we probably won't use it...but we're still compiling a list. I'm leaning towards either Emsley or Katelyn. I think DH is leaning towards Ivy...we'll see who she is when she's born!

M2C: I like Brody, just because you don't hear it very often, but all of those are good choices!

Jacky: I'm not ttc until after next month's draw which will be my third (even though tomorrow will mark four months since my mc). On the other hand I did ovulate earlier than last month and managed to dtd a day before I got a +opk. Oops! Really the plan is to start next month and go from there. How's that sweet girl of yours doing? Again, I just love those big cheeks of hers!

Ece: At this point you may still be bleeding a little, but everything should be OK if you want to be with your dh again. Again, it is hard emotionally that first time, but I found it good to just get it over with. I even cried after and let my dh hold me. It's OK, he'll understand. I'm glad to hear you are asking for weekly draws. It will make you feel better knowing sooner as to what is going on. Fingers crossed you get a big drop this week!

Raff: I'm loving Emsley! So pretty!

Angel: Are you out there? How are you doing now that you are ttc?

AFM: Nothing to report. Just waiting for af so I can move on to my last blood draw until I feel comfortable ttc. Still can't believe it has been four months since everything happened.

Raff I really like emsley too! Very cute! I'm so undecided on those names. We had two of each names for corban but corban won! How are you feeling? 28 weeks tomorrow! Exciting.

Vegas I sometimes can't believe my molar was over a year ago. So glad to hear you will ttc again soon. Remember we are all here for you when you do.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->