Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi ladies, spoke to the hospital today, I'm booked in for the reassurance scan on friday 3rd. I'm too scared to go earlier. Although I can still go earlier if I want. Im trying to ignore the pains.
M2C - not long now, how exciting.
Freckles - don't read things online. I was warned and did it anyway. There is alot of misinformation and worst case scenarios on there. Charing cross are brilliant. I spoke to them about waiting the 6 months, they said if you are over 35 and want to start trying they treat you on a case by case basis. I had to have three months of negative tests. Just speak to them and they will give you all the information you need. Although I will say speak directly to the coordinator about trying again sooner as everyone else says 6 months, as thats the general rule. You're in the right place to get all the answers you need. X

Just called my endos office. I only seen tgem 1ce and i am not sure if i wanna keep them or not. But it is in a town an hour away that i dont really drive in. But i put off calling them cause my A1C was at a 9 and they wanted it as close to 6 as i could get it before getting preg. I know how my last endo would have reacted boy i miss him. So now waiting for a second call. The nurse seemed unhappy with me but i have to realuze in all reality this is my choice and if they not like it then i can find a new one. And its the dr i am there to see, but unfortunattly i go through the nurse.
Agggh.

Vicki

Bev I know its a wait but you'll see a bit more by next Friday. At least you know you can go before if you need too. Have you sent off a sample to charring cross? Maybe the pains are just things implanting, stretching etc?!

Xxx

Vicki, its your choice. They should be there to support you now, not judge you. Hopefully they will keep their opinions to themselves. Theres enough to worry about now without the extra stress. Good luck!

M2C, the charing cross testing finished at the beginning of april. When I spoke to the early pregnancy unit she said it could be, all of the things you mentioned, a surge of hormones or niggles from the laproscopy I had. Part of me thinks its probably perfectly normal and part of me is in complete panic. I'm also struggling to bond. With Tilly I felt connected and protective straight away. I named her, feeling that she was a girl. Ive had none of that this time, did you feel that? X

I know but i think she was not happy cause i have not been testing like i should. 6-8 times a day. I been testing like 2-4 and i know its not good for me either not to test like i should but its a habit i have a very hard time getting into it. I have had type 2 for 6 years now. Just got the pump a couple years ago cause i did not want to go on the other meds and didnt want to poke myself 3 times a day with very very little meds in it. Oh well i will get better then worse then better its a cycle for me...

Vicki

Bev I felt awful as I tried to ignore this baby at the beginning! I feel awful saying it but I did! I felt that way the less I connected with baby the easier it would be if something happened. After the molar I felt anything was possible. I think with any pain niggle etc you think oh no! I'm sure all is well though. As things progress you will feel the connection with bubba it's just all so new and so many worries! Here if you need to chat!

Xxx

Bev I think the guarded caution is normal in trying to protect our hearts until we know our rainbow is for keeps! If only we could be brave and naive like we were before suffering a loss. Each day closer to holding your baby will make your heart more ready to love until delivery day comes and your heart is overjoyed with having everything be ok!! Biggest relief ever I must say.

Hi freckles,
First, sorry you had to find yourself here. But I can assure you this group is full of wonderful ladies, eager to help one another; and ease the minds of all newcomers!
I think I was the latest addition to the group, before you. I had a MMC and D&C on March 9th and learnt I had a PMP ten days later. I was out of my mind reading all the cancer related stuff online. Then I found this group, and it literally saved my insanity, if not my life :)
As your doc explained your HCG levels will be monitored until negative (I believe it's <5). Then, you can talk with your doc and negotiate a waiting period. Other ladies will have better information about that.
One thing I would suggest is try not to stress over the numbers (as I did in the beginning), because it seems every woman is sooo much different from each other. Of all the HCG drop analyses I've seen online, it's not possible to find a pattern.
So, a sad welcome to the group and good luck!

M2C - I've read something in a Turkish website. You could give it a try maybe?!
Lie down on the floor without a pillow under your head. Raise your waist and hips with 3-4 pillows and rest your feet on a nearby couch. Wait...
The woman swears that there was a movement in her belly and when she went to see the doc her baby has turned (at 35 w).
And they were also mentioning this website in the same thread:
Flip a Breech

Bev - I've read that mild cramps are all too normal during pregnancy. And don't blame yourself for not being able to connect yet. I'm sure I'd be feeling just like you (and any woman who had any kind of mc). Listen to what M2C and B&LsMom say. They have been through this and seen the light :)

I am so sick today, and i feel like i cant complain cause of the miscarriage and that i wanted this. But, i have never been so sick so early on. With all my preg except 1 i only threw up 1 or 2 times. With the one i think maybe a handful of times but feeling more nauseas then actually throwing up. This one i think i already beat that hands down. Luckly its only about once a day but today i feel it might be more tgen that....ate crackrs for breakfast but tgey already digested for me getting sick...

Vicki

Agggg

Thank ece! I'm willing to try everything! The more I read about back to back the more labour is worrying me!!!!!! Argh!!!!!

Vicki this pregnancy the sickness was worse than the molar. I complained I'm sure so don't worry! It's awful feeling and being sick. I hope it passes soon for you.

Xxx

Wow thank you for all your responses, everyone seems so friendly! I haven't done anymore researching as have decided that every case is different and it's not possible to find an answer for my case online and am just scaring / worrying myself!

I haven't yet received a letter from Charing Cross but hope it comes this week so I can get things moving. Will I have to go to Charing Cross for blood / urine tests each time? The doc said I can do it all from home, does he mean my local docs or hosp will send it off to them?

How long did you all wait for your first hcg results?

Just wondering, how do they check for any possible cancer? Is that through the blood / urine tests too?

Sorry for all the questions and selfish post. Hope i can get to you know you all.

Freckles if you don't hear anything from charring cross then email or call to check they have your referral ( there contact info is on there website). You won't need to go to charring cross unless you need treatment. They will send you a box for your sample... If they want bloods then you go to your drs or hosp and they send it off or if they want urine you wee in the tube they provide pop it in the box and post it. They monitor your hcg levels and if they rise and its nit a new pregnancy then its the molar regrowing. All here to help you lovely

Xxx

Freckles - I had bloods done at my local hospital, they did two initially one for Charing Cross and one there so I could get the results the next day. But I found it confusing as they were different, so I just waited for Charing Cross. I used to call 2/3 days after and they always had the result. Then you just wait for the next pack to come through.

So for me, I saw my GP yesterday who looked equally as shocked as me when I told him I was pregnant. He was very lovely though. As I've already booked my reassurance scan there is nothing to do until I've had that. Counting down the days. This one does feel different though, I have pain but I don't feel ill yet. I felt very ill with the pmp. Exhaustion has set in though, work is taking it toll!!

xx

3 a.m. And i am up feeling sick to stomach. Really i know it can last all day but at least let me have my nights to sleep. Agggg....

Vicki

Bev I'm glad your dr was lovely! You don't need any extra stress. I'm sure all is well with this little bubs. Another day closer to your scan too. I will say I felt awful nausea with my cmp but the constant nausea and throwing up with this pregnancy was soooo much worse so try not worry if it happens.

My mother in law is coming over sometime in the coming weeks to show me some labour positions just encase baby is still back to back! Also gonna teach oh a massage to ease the back pain. Can still just feel arms and legs so my exercises aren't working yet.

How's everyone else?

Xxx

M2C Sid was back to back and came out that way, labour not too dissimilar to Vins which was right way round. Main difference was I had to bear down and push Sidney out rather than let my body do it, but to be honest I think that was more down to the MW panicking about his HR slowing a little!

Vin was also back to back until a few days before I had him, so there's still time for your bubs to turn anyway!

My advice would be stay on your feet once you get established if baby does stay back to back, gravity helps loads with a funny presentation, it did with me anyway!!

Hi to the new ladies :hi: sorry to hear there are some new molar angels, I wish it didn't have to be like this. :hugs:

Lovely to see some new rainbows cooking for those a bit further along in the molar journey :hugs:

My follow up starts again next month, fingers crossed for all clear. Think I'm on 3 monthly pee and post jobbies, now its been a few years since the chemo :flower:

Dano did you try anything to move them before labour? I've been doing things from spinning babies but this bubba is so far happy were it is. Like you say I have plenty of time for bubba to turn. I think I'll try and stay upright and active.... Wanna use our midwife led unit do hopefully they will help!

How are your boys? Will I go back to fortnightly wee's after bubba?

Xxx

Yes with Sid I spent the last 4 weeks on my hands and knees as we had a litter of puppies which needed latching on mum/hand feeding the time, its didn't turn him in the slightest! Lol! This time I did nothing and he turned in his own.. Go figure lol!!

All poorly here, picked up a cold/chesty bug from soft play last week. Vin very sleepy with it but still latching, always something to worry about!

I think regular follow up carries on where you left off, so probably fortnightly or monthly for you I guess? For the post Baby follow up, there's a pee pot to do at 6w pp (and also one at 10w I believe) and a blood to draw once the pee is showing normal. :flower:

Do I call charring cross to say bubba is here? I've been cleaning my floors everyday!!! Haha! Then just spending sometime on my hands and knees. Hopefully baby turns!! Sorry to hear your all poorly. Hope you all start feeling better soon.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->