Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi ladies! :wave:

I hope you dont mind me jumping in here but im wondering if you can help me....
I got a call from the hospital today asking me if I could be further along than I thought as my HCG levels yesterday (5+4w) was 25000 alot higher than expected. So when I said it wasnt possible, she wanted me to come in tomorrow to have my levels done again and to speak to the dr, as there could be complications such as ectopic or molar pregnancy. My friend had a molar afew years ago but I dont know alot about it.
Since I got my bfp, ive not really felt a thing? Whereas in my first pregnancy i experienced the cramps,twinging, swollen/sore breasts. Nothing this time :shrug: yet my levels are high?

Do any of you think it sounds like a molar pregnancy? Thanks for reading ladies xxx

Live: I'm not quite sure, but it may be too early to tell. First, you need to get your levels checked again 48 hours later. Higher numbers could indicate multiples also. I had a pmp this past fall and now that I am pg again I have been monitored closely. I projected what my own levels would have been had they kept testing me (I was 226 at 4+1 and 700 at 4+3) and I get 11,200 at 5+4, but it could have been higher or lower. By the time you get to six or seven weeks they can usually detect a hb thereby ruling out a complete molar, partials take longer to detect. Try not to let the no symptom thing stress you as it is still quite early. Hope all goes well and this is not a molar. If so, you've found the right group. Hugs.

Thank you, really appreciate it! I shall keep you posted. I just hope they scan me tomorrow. I'll be 5+6 so will be very lucky to see a heartbeat I know but you never know, we may be lucky! :thumbup: xxx

Live - im sure they will scan you tomorrow, if not ask for one. Fingers crossed all is ok. Let us know x

Live: I had a scan at 5+3 that showed a gestational sac (ruled out ectopic) and the one where I saw the hb was at 6+5. Just thought you'd want to know for comparison purposes.

M2C: how are you feeling?

Hi ladies!

M2C-glad to hear the sweep went well! Maybe tonights the night? :) You seem so calm and patient, I already feel anxious at just the thought of going over!

AFM- My ultrasound went so well! She is head down, the placenta is far from being in the way. No obvious signs of why the bleeding, and she is measuring just over 5 lbs! They also tried to do some 3D, didn't work too well, but I could kind of see half her face...so sweet! It just makes me want her out :)

Laura I predict we hours of the 22nd for you!! Sooner would be great too!!

Liv- i was also thinking multiples. I had a cmp and my hcg was normal dr thought a blighted ovum but d&c results said cmp. He was suprised. Hopefully they will do a scan to rule that out or not before scarring you.

Vicki

thanks ladies! :hugs: went to bed early last night, i'd made myself feel so sick with worry. Woke this morning and am spotting, day 5 now but still no pain or cramping whatsoever :shrug: so we'll see. I will definitely be asking for a scan. I'm still surprised she told me what she did over the phone, i was going in today anyway for my 2nd HCG test anyway...:shrug: fingers crossed it's all of nothing.... Xxx

Live I'm sorry to hear of your worries. Hcg varies so much so until you have two to compare and have a scan I'd try not worry to much. Hopefully its nothing.... Or like others have said maybe multiples?!? Please let us know how things go today. Thinking of you.

Raff I'm feeling sooooo impatient!!! I just wanna meet this bubba! Hopefully I won't have to have the second sweep Friday but I'm starting to feel I will.

Tina I hope this bubs turns up by then!

How's everyone?

Xxx

Keep us updated liv. This is a great site if amything is wrong. Prayers for you.

M2c did you officially give the baby its evictiin notive. If not get on that....

Vicki

Laura, are you feeling anything? Another I tried was stairs and lots of them. I think Tina is right - 22nd. I'm checking here lots more than normal so I don't miss your news xx

Live, good luck with your.levels today. I hope its not molar xx

Vicki I think its eviction notice got list in the post or its just claiming squatters rights!

Becky I really hope so! Given all the floors a good scrub! Ill give the stairs a try too

Xxx

I agree with Becky. On total baby watch. My next chance to check now will be on my lunch break!!!

I've just got back and well, I am none the wiser really :growlmad:

He took bloods again and said that with molar pregnancies, the HCG is extremely high like in the 100,000's whereas mine was just under 25,000 and I didnt show any symptoms of that or an ectopic. I explained that I had been told on two separate occasions that ectopic was a possibilty and yet nothing had been done about it. He seemed quite annoyed that I had been told that. He said it could just be that I naturally have a high level as thats whats normal for me or that it could be twins!
But he has booked me in for a scan tomorrow at 8:45. So we will know for sure whether I have a healthy baby/babies or not! :thumbup:

M2C: I too am stalking here waiting for news.

Live: sorry your appointment wasn't more informative. The scan should help clarify things. Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->