Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Tomorrow marks our 2 year anniversary of the molar.... Still gets me cause I remember all those feelings.... But on a positive note... Sunday is our first wedding anniversary!

Hope your all doing ok

Xxx

Wow 2 years!! Our molar anniversary will be in September. Our 8 year wedding anniversary is on the 26th if this month so excited for that coming up!! Also our 10 year high school class reunion weekend starts on the 23rd of August!

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary Laura. I hope you had a wonderful day. And 2 years. Its great you have such a wonderful anniversary the next day. I'm so glad that Marcy was born the week before mine so I get something wonderful too to focus on. How is your gorgeous little girl going?

Ece good luck!

The 23rd is my birthday Tina! The 26th is when I started chemo! It's s lovely you have been married 8 years. How are your boys?

Becky thank you! We choose the 11th to try right the wrongs of the molar.... Try turn it into a better time of year. How is your beautiful marcy? Indigo is doing great thank you! Can't get enough of these beautiful babies!!!

How is everyone else?? Rainbows and rainbow bumps all ok??

Xxx

M2C & B&LsMom - Congrats on your anniversaries! Our first wedding anniversary is 1 day before my EDD so I'm hoping and praying that I'll be pregnant by then. Otherwise it will be such a sour day :(

We couldn't start TTC properly this month. DH had some health problems. But we're trying as best we can. I'm not very hopeful really but being able at least to try is refreshing.

Good luck ece.

I starting to feel like its time to get baby stuff organized. Which most of it is in our unorganized packed full closet. So first i need to clean our room and rearrange dressers to get baby crib to fit in it. Then i need to start going through the closet. I think my pump is in there and i want that out because if i get to overloaded after baby comes i will use it and store milk. Planning on not going backbto work till after feb, i guess this week i need to start. Everything tells me to skip the cleaning and go straight to closet and i cant. To much clothes in my way.... Let the nesting begin so early too, bummer. But until i actually do clean and not just think about it then it hasent started. I was going to clean my room while kids were home for help. But theyvstart school tomorrow, do i wait till they get home? Yes i think so...

Vicki

Hey ladies! Wow the weeks are flying by!!! Emsley has her 2 month appointment tomorrow. Sad to get shots for her, but so curious to find out what she weighs. She seems way tinier than Gloria. I know Glo was 13 lbs 5 oz at 2 months...it's so fun having 2 girls and seeing how different they are!

Tina-it's funny you mentioned your 10 year reunion, I just went to mine this past weekend. Poor turnout, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm glad I went.

I'm kind of discouraged. Breastfeeding is not going well. My milk supply seems super low. Emsley was fussy all day, and didn't ever have that "satisfied" face. My boobs just feel empty and take forever to let down. I broke down and gave her formula this afternoon because she was so frustrated. Not sure what to do. I had this with Gloria, but it was around 4 months and I just thought it was because I went back to work. I still breastfed, but always had to supplement with formula.

Raff i would talk to your daughters dr. Or yours. I know here we have a milk works that you can buy supplements to help increase milk. I heard it works but i never tried it.

Vicki

Hi All,

Not sure how to start this post. I guess I'm looking for some answers to my situation if anyone has had a similar experience and some support as I'm feeling a bit low right now.
Quick history on me, I had a pmp approximately 3 years ago (my levels dropped to 0 over 2 months without the need for any intervention), followed by my healthy son Maddox, born in 2011.
On to my questions....my husband and I got a big surprise a few weeks ago when we found out I was pregnant again! Went in for an ultrasound a week ago and they saw a gest sac, yolk sac, and very small fetal pole (could hardly measure and had no heartbeat). I went back yesterday for another ultrasound and the fetal pole had grown with a heartbeat of 120! Measuring 6 weeks 3 days. It was our anniversary yesterday and were so excited to have such a great present. Unfortunately, about an hour ago I received a phone call from my doctor saying the radiologist had read the ultrasound and noted a couple small spots of fluid on the placenta indicating the possibility of another pmp. Of course he said they are not sure because it's so early but that they don't normally see this and did not say it could have been anything else. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I'm feeling quite devastated as I thought things were looking up for this pregnancy and never thought I would experience another pmp. And I guess I'm questioning a bit what the radiologist really saw at this stage in the game because this seems really early. Has anyone had a situation where the doc saw something to indicate a possible pmp this early on?

Anyone out there have more than 1 pmp and go on to have a healthy child after? If this is another pmp I'm feeling like giving up even though I would love to have another child and sibling for my son. I feel like I need to be there for my family and am nervous about putting my health at risk again. Any thoughts or similar experience would be much appreciated. Thanks or listening.

Hello hammy, sorry to hear about your previous pmp and now your worry of a 2nd. I haven't had this experience.... I had a cmp 2 years ago and have a 12 week old rainbow. It seems like a second molar is very unlikely but I'm guessing after the dr has mentioned something then its a massive worry. When is your next scan booked in? I have everything crossed that this is a healthy pregnancy for you.... Have you had a hcg draw???

Xxx

Hi Mummy2Corban

Thanks for the response and well wishes. My next scan is August 29th at 8:15 in the a.m. (glad they could get me in in the morning so I didn't have to wait all day!). Exactly 2 weeks from my scan yesterday. I did have three hcg draws early on in the pregnancy. The first was 220, the second draw (96 hrs. later) was 1,121, and the third (48 hrs. later) was 2637. After these blood draws I felt really good because they doubled a little faster than the 48 hr. mark but not out of control. I thought right away, well this is not a pmp because with my other pmp my hcg levels were slow to rise. I've actually had a really good feeling about this pregnancy up until now. I really didn't see that phone call coming from the doc earlier. With my 1st pmp I just knew something wasn't right from day one, even without any testing. And with my healthy son it just felt right, kind of like this one.

Well try keep some of that feeling as it could be a mistake.... There probably being extra cautious because of your history. It's so hard not to worry. Hope the 2 weeks don't drag to much for you xxxx

Hi Hammy, sorry to hear your story (but congrats on a healthy toddler). I had a pmp in 2012 and have a healthy 7 month old. With my daughter was levels doubled just over every 24 hours but with the pmp they were slow and suggested I was 3 weeks behind initially where I knew I was. Like you I think I just knew. Like mummy said, try to keep some feeling it could be a mistake. They may just be being over cautions because of your history and it is still early to be certain that something abnormal was seen on the scan.I hope the next fortnighv goes quickly for you and the scan sows no sign of another pmp.

Raff, how did you go? Try not to be discouraged. I have several friends who topped up with formula while they waited for medications to increase volume worked. One friend who just feed constantly (only 1 child) and with medication is still feeding at 13 months. Talk to your doctor. I have heard of friends making museli bars that helped and trying the lactation cookies (when my volume was down I looked and try to get gluten free versions but couldnt). Also brewer's yeast is meant to be good to help - do you like vegemite? Or beer?

Hope everyone is going well xx

At the moment - we are well (thanks Laura) :) Marcy is doing great and changing everyday. Its even looking like work might let me go back part time. Yay! Bit excited though - my sister in law is 7 weeks pregnant. She is late 30 and was worried it would take a long time. It happened quicker for her than the rest of us which is great. Still early days but so exciting. I hope it goes well for her. They will be the best parents and Marcy will have a cousin closer in age (my other niece and nephew are heaps older).

I hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Some great news there becky! How lovely marcy will have cousins close in age. Chris brother and sister have boys and there all alot older so I like that hazel is only 6 months older than indie.

Raff how is your sister doing? I have no advice about milk supply.... At least becky has advice for you!

Xxxxx

The 23rd is my birthday Tina! The 26th is when I started chemo! It's s lovely you have been married 8 years. How are your boys?

Becky thank you! We choose the 11th to try right the wrongs of the molar.... Try turn it into a better time of year. How is your beautiful marcy? Indigo is doing great thank you! Can't get enough of these beautiful babies!!!

How is everyone else?? Rainbows and rainbow bumps all ok??

Xxx

Boys are doing great!! I got to cuddle on a 6 day old baby girl today!! One of my old coworkers just has her baby so we took a gift over. I wasn't very pleased with Blake's behavior so we only stayed about an hour but it was crazy to see how big Lukas is now compared too a newborn!!!

Hey ladies! Wow the weeks are flying by!!! Emsley has her 2 month appointment tomorrow. Sad to get shots for her, but so curious to find out what she weighs. She seems way tinier than Gloria. I know Glo was 13 lbs 5 oz at 2 months...it's so fun having 2 girls and seeing how different they are!

Tina-it's funny you mentioned your 10 year reunion, I just went to mine this past weekend. Poor turnout, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm glad I went.

I'm kind of discouraged. Breastfeeding is not going well. My milk supply seems super low. Emsley was fussy all day, and didn't ever have that "satisfied" face. My boobs just feel empty and take forever to let down. I broke down and gave her formula this afternoon because she was so frustrated. Not sure what to do. I had this with Gloria, but it was around 4 months and I just thought it was because I went back to work. I still breastfed, but always had to supplement with formula.

Bummer for the poor turnout!! My graduating class was around 315 people but we only have 67 RSVPs and 55 maybes so not even 1/3 of us most likely but hopefully it will be a fun weekend!

There isn't anything wrong with formula supplementing. Maybe even do just formula for the weekend to get a reserve of your milk stored up and pump like crazy to get your supply back up...

Hammy it does seem like hCG could be beneficial to monitor now that they think they see something. I sooo hope it's nothing and this isn't a PMP. I too felt like something wasn't right from the beginning with my PMP. Trust your gut!! I know a girl on Facebook that did have 2 MPs and then her Dr. Suspected a 3rd but was wrong and she went on to have a precious little girl about a year ago!

Good luck tomorrow Vicki. We'll be waiting for some scan pics ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->