Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Spoke to the doctor this morning, I am mildly anaemic, so getting more iron tablets tomorrow. But I also had high blood sugar levels, so have to discuss more testing with the midwife tomorrow. I'm so disappointed, if I have gestational diabetes I have to go to the delivery unit and not the birthing centre. And won't be able to have a water birth apparently :-(
x

Bev: hopefully the iron tablets will help. Does this mean you need to do the three-hour test or something else? I'll pray that it all sorts itself out, but the good news is that they will do everything possible to make sure baby gets here safely.

Afm: I'm 50 minutes into my glucose test. I'm bored more than anything. Fingers crossed it's negative. It was with my DD, but you never know. Also, I'm 28 weeks now.

I'm not sure yet, I see the midwife tomorrow. But having looked online the three hour test seems to be the next step. Fingers crossed that one will be ok.
Do you get your results the same day? Hope all is ok for you.
xx

Hi ladies, I know I am absolutely awful for keeping up with aeveryone! Hoe are you all? Life is manic for us at the moment.

Quick question, I am doing a project in college and was considering doing it on molar/partial molar pregnancy. I was wondering if I emailed you lovely ladies a questionnaire would you fill it out for me. It will be anonymous and you don't have to if you don't want to but it would be greatly appreciated if you would. Let me know on here or facebook!! Will definitely catch up soon when my life slows down again lol! xxxxxxxx

Have my fingers crossed for you Bev. I hope the next lot of tests are fine xx

Happy to help Rach x

Oops, forgot to say - Vegas, hope its negative xx

Congrats on 28 weeks ladies xx

Bev why wouldnt u be able to do water birth with GD. I know you not in states but with my first i was able to get in water andvrelax, at that time water birth was not as big as it is now. But with all my others the inly reason i was not able to get into bath was either because i went on my own before 37 weeks or was induced before. Our hospitals rule was if u went before 37 weeks you had to stay hoojed up to the moniter. I have had GD with all pregnabcies until number 4 they said it was type 2. Even with type 2 if i wasnt having a c-sec i could get in water if i was over 37 weeks. Just wonderibg what their reason is for it. Good luck hoping it isnt GD for you.

Vicki

Everything I've seen, read and been told so far has been that if you have GD you have to be monitored all the way through and they can't do that in the water. Also, it seems that they tend to do C-sections if you'll agree.
Hopefully its not or that it isn't that bad and all the above won't apply.
x

Bev how did the midwife go? Have everything crossed for you.

Have any of you ladies or would any of you have a home birth?

Xxx

So I saw the midwife today. I'm being sent for the 3 hour test on the 9th Oct. I'm also measuring big, I've grown 9cm in 3 weeks! So looking more and more like gestational diabetes. I checked and no birthing centre or water birth if thats the case. I am waiting for a scan to check if its all baby or water. But heartbeat and movements all fine x

Not necessarly c sec. I had 5 of of my kids vaginal. With the 6th was because yes with gd you can have biiger babies but it depends on if u got it under control. My 3rd was 8 lbs at 37 weeks but 4 was normal size. And 5th was 9 at 36 weeks while 6th was 8 at 38 weeks (closer to normal) also the more u habe the bigger the are suppose to get too. So since #5 was 9lb and he got stuck we decided it would be best just in case to have c sec. (also #3 who was 8 got stuck.) so just cause u have it doesnt mean u will have a c sec, if they determine baby big then ot might be a possiblity. As i said with my fist i wasnt hooked up the whole time woth my gd. So either rules chenged or just a differences in countries.

Vicki

Bev good news bubba is ok. Wow! 9cm in 3 weeks! Still hoping its not gd. Is your scan soon? I know it must be upsetting the thought of no water birth but aslong as your both safe that's all that matters. Xxx

Have to wait for a letter about the scan, hopefully wont have to wait too long. Bright side is I get to see him again :)
I'm going to make changes to my diet now in the hope I can get thungs under control myself. It will probably turn out all is fibe after all this.
I think im just disappointed that after everything things still arent straight forward. But baby wilding seems happy in therenand thats the most important thing x

Can't complain at seeing bubba again! Always exciting. Your right bubba Is ok so that's what matters! Xxx

Bev - Sorry you're having problems. Hope it's not gd. But I agree with M2C, as long as the LO is fine, that's all that matters!

Vegas & Vicki - Wow! Happy 28 weeks! I wish the days would just fly by...

Rainbow mommas - I love reading about the progress of your little babies. It gives me such hope for the future.

AFM - I had a scan this morning. The LO is fine and measuring 2 days ahead. S/he has a HR of 173 BPM :happydance:. The OB is very optimistic and says there's no sign of another partial molar. I'm so incredibly happy.

:yipee::wohoo::yipee:

Bev: my fingers are crossed for your three hour test, but it will be nice to see how much he's grown on the scan.

Ece: congrats on more good news! When do you go back? Will you be getting extra scans? It's always nice to see your healthy baby moving and growing.

Ece, wonderful news! Great heart rate :)

Bev, good luck with your next test. Fingers crossed it not gd. Exciting to see bubba again :)

We are off on holidays tomorrow. Yay some sun! Marcy's first flight so fingers crossed.

Great news Ece, congratulations!
Got a call to go for a scan on Friday, I agreed then realised it's the same day as last years! Not sure I can do it, plus I have to go on my own. Going to call tomorrow and try to rearrange.
I can't believe it's been a year! Has gone so quickly. I rennet being told I had to wait 6 months to try again and it felt like a lifetime away x

Ece what wonderful news! You must be happy. When is your next scan? 8 weeks! Yay for you!

Bev did you manage to change your scan? Look how much has changed in a year. It's hard to look back but you've got lots to look forward too.

Becky happy holidays lovely!!!

As for me I think I have mastitis AGAIN!!! Got the drs this afternoon as in feeling awful.... It's gonna be a long day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->