Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

*stress stress stress*
Sorry for the rant that's coming ladies but im feeling so stressed today! My hubby was in hospital for an operation today and I'm still waiting for his dad bringing him home. I'm so worried bout him, even tho it was fairly minor surgery on his sinuses.

I'm also really struggling with the wait for my blood test results. I need to know if this is a pmp again...I can't even start to relax til I know *cry*

Hope you are all doing well xxx

Sending you many hugs Clo :hugs::hugs::hugs: I bet you are at the end of your wits!! Isn't it tomorrow you get the results? I have everything crossed for you xcx

YAAAAAAY!!!!!

I phoned the hospital today and they gave me my results early! and.........

They came back normal/low risk!!!!! I'm so relieved!!!

I'll send some of my good luck out to everyone else on here! :) xxx

Clo that is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

You can start to enjoy your pregnancy now!!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what else did they test for?

I'm still waiting for my second wee result back but Sheffield said they haven't received it...it's gone missing and they have a back log with the weather!!

xcx

:hugs:Clo that is beyond fantastic!!! a huggggeee congrats to you im so happy for you!!! i started taking my prenatal vitamins today 3 months before ttc again:) I was excited enough about that let alone your news! well done xoxo

Clo that is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

You can start to enjoy your pregnancy now!!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what else did they test for?

I'm still waiting for my second wee result back but Sheffield said they haven't received it...it's gone missing and they have a back log with the weather!!

xcx

Of course I don't mind you asking. There aren't any specific tests to check for molar pregnancies unfortunately but I got scanned every 2 weeks between 6 and 12 weeks.

The blood test I had was the screening test for downs/spina biffida but with my pmp that came back as an atypical result which they didnt understand at the time, but realised after that it was picking up on the triploidy caused by the pmp. So the fact that it was a normal result this time suggests that its not a pmp again.

Awww that's rubbish that they have lost your sample! Hope u get your results soon!

Well done Jamaris mum, that's a step closer to holding your rainbow baby in your arms

Xxx

Fab new Clo, so pleased for you hun!! :happydance: :hugs:

This is a question for clo and Sarah:) it will probably sound ridiculous, it's just something I've been thinking about as I prepare to try again in 11 weeks ( not that I'm counting or anything!) did u do anything differently when u ttc 2nd time around? Like in terms of the actual 'trying'. U don't have to answer of course as it's so personal, but it just makes me wonder- does the way u try to conceive affect the actual conception? Or is it all just luck and mother nature?? I just wonder, as my baby had an extra set of chromosomes like ur firsts.. And the drs tell me this was due to conception going wrong.. Hmm it's all a bit overwhelming and as I said sounds ridiculous but I'm just thinking is there anything me and my oh should do differently this time around? Hmm. Thinking of u all! :hugs:

This is a question for clo and Sarah:) it will probably sound ridiculous, it's just something I've been thinking about as I prepare to try again in 11 weeks ( not that I'm counting or anything!) did u do anything differently when u ttc 2nd time around? Like in terms of the actual 'trying'. U don't have to answer of course as it's so personal, but it just makes me wonder- does the way u try to conceive affect the actual conception? Or is it all just luck and mother nature?? I just wonder, as my baby had an extra set of chromosomes like ur firsts.. And the drs tell me this was due to conception going wrong.. Hmm it's all a bit overwhelming and as I said sounds ridiculous but I'm just thinking is there anything me and my oh should do differently this time around? Hmm. Thinking of u all! :hugs:

Tbh we didn't do anything differently this time hun. I really think that it is pretty much luck and mother nature. Mind you pmp can caused by 2 sperm fertalize one egg which your egg shouldn't really let happen so making sure you keep taking prenatals is important because you want your eggs to be as healthy as possible. xxx

Just a quick one from me, Oliver is trying to help me type the little monkey!

Clo what fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you! When are you due? I was 20 weeks last Christmas so I'm guessing you will be due in mid May? Oliver was due on May 13th, and he came a little early on May 8th :)

GeminiStar I hope your results come through soon! Have they sent you another kit?

Kate (Jamari'sMummy) There isn't anything you can do to prevent mp / pmp I'm afraid but we did similar to Clo, we both took pre-natal vitamins, we also both started going to the gym quite a bit and my hubby stopped smoking. The way I looked at it was that I wanted to avoid any possible issues and to be as healthy as possible. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference but it made me feel better to know that we were doing something positive, and it can't hurt.

Not long for you now!

I hope you are all doing well :hugs:

I'm due 16 May :)

Ooohhhh that's so exciting Clo!!! Its a lovely time of year to have a baby :) Oh I'm so excited for you!!!

Thanks ladies! Yep I'm into the vitamins and am about to start swimming and joining the gym, I was thinking of telling the personal trainer about my plans to ttc etc so they can recommend the best exercise possible, is that what u did Sarah? Yes I kno what u mean it's awful knowing nothing can prevent it isn't it! I'm so so scared but anxious to get it all happening! How have u been feeling clo? Sarah I hope u and ur previous lil guy r well!!:) I know not long now! So very excited amongst alot of other feelings! :hugs:

Thanks ladies! Yep I'm into the vitamins and am about to start swimming and joining the gym, I was thinking of telling the personal trainer about my plans to ttc etc so they can recommend the best exercise possible, is that what u did Sarah? Yes I kno what u mean it's awful knowing nothing can prevent it isn't it! I'm so so scared but anxious to get it all happening! How have u been feeling clo? Sarah I hope u and ur previous lil guy r well!!:) I know not long now! So very excited amongst alot of other feelings! :hugs:

You've just got to try n be positive n think that theres only a 1 in 85 chance of it happening again which is pretty good odds really. *hugs* Glad ur feeling excited bout ttc again hun xxx

I'm doing ok. Feeling fine physically but still feeling pretty anxious bout this pregnancy. Looking forward to my 20 week scan tho and seeing that baby is ok. xxx

Thx Hun, I haven't heard about those odds? I was told I was at no increased risk of it occurring again? Maybe that's coz I'm in a different country I'm not sure? All the best with the 20 wk scan have you been feeling baby move yet? Are u finding out what your having? Big Hugs xo

Thx Hun, I haven't heard about those odds? I was told I was at no increased risk of it occurring again? Maybe that's coz I'm in a different country I'm not sure? All the best with the 20 wk scan have you been feeling baby move yet? Are u finding out what your having? Big Hugs xo

Maybe it is the difference in country but that is what I was told by Sheffield hospital.

Aww thanks hun. I'm stressing a bit because I haven't really been feeling baby moving yet but I suppose it is still kinda early days and I could have an anterior placenta again like I did last time. I still use my doppler on and off and still hear baby's heartbeat so hoping all is ok still.

I want to find out what were having but my OH doesnt so im not sure. The reason he doesnt want to is because he doesnt want to get too attached in case something goes wrong again so i'm hoping that if the scan goes well he will feel better and we can find the sex out at the end!

xxxxxxxxx

I think the odds are slightly raised, but are still very, very low. I actually thought it was even less than 1/85, but I think they keep changing the stats tbh, as they do more research etc.

When is your 20 week scan Clo? I had an anterior placenta with Oliver, I was also a little later than some feeling movements. He made up for it towards the end of my pregnancy though, oh my goodness, he was such a kicker!!!!

That seems like a good plan re the scan! You could always have a 3D scan or something at some point and find out then too. When is your scan? Mine was December 23rd last year :)

I think the odds are slightly raised, but are still very, very low. I actually thought it was even less than 1/85, but I think they keep changing the stats tbh, as they do more research etc.

When is your 20 week scan Clo? I had an anterior placenta with Oliver, I was also a little later than some feeling movements. He made up for it towards the end of my pregnancy though, oh my goodness, he was such a kicker!!!!

That seems like a good plan re the scan! You could always have a 3D scan or something at some point and find out then too. When is your scan? Mine was December 23rd last year :)

My 20 week scan is 29 December so not too long to go now!

When did u start to feel movements with Oliver, Sarah?

xxx

I noticed the odd flutter from about 18 weeks I think? And I think it was January before I felt more obvious movements from about 20 weeks? I had swine flu in mid January and I remember been able to feel movements then because it reassured me that he was okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->