Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi everyone I'm just wondering how long you were told to wait after your molar, and how long you *actually* waited?

I needed to get 3 weekly negative results, then get 6 monthly negatives before ttc.

However my GTD doctor said that if we were really desperate that we could cut it to 3 months as other centres have cut their wait time from 6 to 3 months because of their results showing nothing happening after 3 months.

How long did you wait/are you waiting?

crayoncrittle - I waited about 4-5 months of negative results then we ttc-ed. In other words... I got the d&c in October. First negative result was in December. And We started counting months from there. We tried in April and got pregnant in May.

I went to get my 2nd blood test results last night. Hcg levels - more than tripled! It was 826 and it became 3011. The doctor said it looked really good. He said its definitely too high to be ectopic and the way it went up is also too high for molar.

That doesn't take away the fear of molar or miscarriage for me though. I started spotting 2 nights ago... all brown and usually only when I wipe... Doctor said to wait it out, relax and try not to stress. WAY easier said than done.

Crayon: had my d&c at the end of November, reached negative by the first week of January, and found out I was pregnant on April 2nd. So basically three months even though I was told to wait six (though my doc claimed she said one year). Didn't mean to get pg so soon, wasn't even trying, but tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks and everything has been fine. Mine was a pmp so the wait time is a bit different, but talk to your doctor, do your research and do what you feel is right. GL!

Hi Crayon, welcome to our group. Sorry you had to join us but you found a great bunch of ladies!
I got pregnant with my daughter a week after my 3rd monthly negative but my doctor counted the first negative on weekly tests as the first so technically 2nd and it was just timed right. I got pregnant late April after d and c Jan. Had my daughter bit before the first anniversary of finding out. Xx

Tung, I have everything crossed its a sticky bean. Your levels look great! Xx

Hi Crayon,
I was initially told 6 months after my first negative, but spoke to the hospital and they agreed to three months. I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant just before those three months were up.

im 38 weeks today, cant believe it. Still living in fear so just want him here now. A week and two days until induction day. Getting lots of pains so not sure he will be waiting. Going back to clinic on Tuesday, I'd be so happy if they say I can go in earlier.

Vegas, great news. Not long now.

how is everyone else?

xx

Bevb: I'm 38 weeks today too! Also feeling lots of pains and way more Braxton Hicks. Not sure if it means anything especially since dd was born by cesarean at 37+4 before I ever had the first labor pain. I hope we get to meet our lo's soon!

Crayon I had a cmp but had chemo for 3 months. I had a wait time of a year but I done lots of research and spoke to charring cross a lot and I took the decision of waiting 6 months. I fell preggo straight away but mc at 5 weeks. I left it a cycle as we got married and fell pregnant after that with our rainbow. I say do some research and talk with your dr and do what you feel is best.

Xxxx

Bev and Vegas I can't believe how close you both are!!!!!!!! Exciting times! Can't wait for you to meet your rainbows xxx

Hey there ladies..

Unfortunately it is believed I have joined you all in this confusing and horrible experience.

This is our first pregnancy, and we got pregnant our first month of trying. . I had a bad feeling about the pregnancy at about 5.5 week onward - I had some unusual cramping and the Dr and midwife told me it was normal and they were sure things were just fine. I went for an exam when I was 6w3d and internal pelvic exam showed everything to be on track.Last Tuesday I went for my 8 week scan (I was supposed to be 8w3d) and the ultrasonographer politely stated I must be earlier than I thought because I was only measuring 5w. I told her there was no way I was any earlier than 8w since we hadn't had sex since we found out as it was causing a lot of cramping everytime we tried. She had the screen pointed towards me and I could see just a little yolk sac, and I knew something wasn't right. She turned the screen away and starting clicking away. After an agonizing 10 minutes she told me to get dressed and she went to talk to one of the providers. I was then taken into an exam room and was told I had an extremely unusual sonogram. There was a yolk sac on one side and a mass on the other and also a very large cyst on my right ovary. The yolk sac measured 5w3d and the mass measured 8w-9w. It didn't appear as if the mass was a placenta but it was it's own entity so they were quite puzzled. However it appeared it had overcome the embryo and stopped its development. She then explained molar pregnancy to us and proceeded to tell us how to explain it to friends and family that knew we were pregnant. I was then given lab slips to get my hcg levels drawn every other day to keep track of my levels. my levels were in "normal" range for my estimated gestational age of 8-9w and were rising although not doubling as they should in a viable pregnancy. D&C was talked about at the office but it wasn't actually offered to me. They did explain if I miscarried at home or got a D&C the tissues had to be sent to pathology. I have spent the last 6 days sick to my stomach (literally and figuratively) that I was carrying around not only a nonviable pregnancy but also some mystery mass. The last few days i've become increasingly sicker - I can't keep any liquids down and i'm vomiting every few hours. I was supposed to have my followup u/s and meeting with the OB's tomorrow to discuss the "plan" but they moved it to Wednesday. They don't seem very concerned about my nausea but I have never felt so sick in my life and i'm worried the molar pregnancy/ missed miscarriage is to blame.

Has anyone else had to wait over a week fro u/s to finally getting some answers and their D&C? I keep trying to think it's because it was a holiday last week that it's dragging along but I don't feel like they are really on the ball with everything. This waiting is like a form of torture - I know the end result isnt good and I just want to start moving forward.

Has anyone else experienced extreme nasuea and fatigue with a molar pregnancy? It's been bad the whole pregnancy but it's gotten increasingly unbearable

Ok everybody, sorry for the wait. I tried typing the the dau after c-sevtion i was so out of ot and did post it. So here goes.

Alana was born around 5:55 weing 8#13.3oz 16 3/4 inches and when they were cleaning her up had small diffuculty breathing, she syarted out find but then declined. I got to kiss her while being sewed up but i was out of it cause i had a bad headache a low blood sugars. Alana also had low blood sugars so in the nicu she went. The had presdurized room air for about 6 hours not bad. But had iv in for a few days. She had an apnea alarm on thursdays and they are an automic ticket for another 5 days stay. So timorrow or i should say today cause it is after midnight, she should be getting out. I say should because with nicu babies anything can happen. I wont say preemie babies cause there are older babies in there too.
While being excited about her coming home, i am also nervouse because i have 5 kids coughing some milder some are all stuffed up to. 1 of those kids has a double ear infection and fever with it, and anoyher one has a single ear infection. Of course those 2 are the stuffiest and the youngest of them. And really excited to get to see their new baby sister. So i have hand sanatizer and i will not let Alana out of mine oro dh or oldest son cause he can protect her too sight. Cause i not going to drag her to the bathroom with me. But that way we can make we know who is trying to touch her if they cleaned hands and where they gonna touch her. They are not aloud to touch her hands or face. They can touvh feet head and body. Most plaves not likely to come in contact with face.

Bev and vegas good luck with your upcoming labor.

For the new people sorry still out of it. Sorry youre here. I had my d&c june 22 2012. My dr said wait a year it was cmp. I started trying oct 2012 but i had the shot and it was taking linger to wear off. And i got pregnant around the same time i did with my molar.

Vicki

Calgan I'm sorry to have read your story. I'm surprised that if they have mentioned molar they haven't done a d&c. I was given my d&c 2 days after my scan only because they wanted to give me an MRI as the mass was large. I had bad nausea with my molar. I would say the worry of everything has made yours worse. Do you know your hcg?

Vicki I've been checking in loads to see an update! Congratulations!!!!! So pleased that she is here for you. Hopefully you get to go home and your both ok. How are you feeling?

Xxx

Vicki when your home and settled could you post a picture please? Would love to see your rainbow! Congratulations again xxx

Calgan, sorry you had to join us. I hope you get some answers soon. My d and c was the Monday after we had out scan on the Friday. I was extremely ill too and got bad over the weekend so we drove 5 hrs to the city. I live in tbd country and they wanted to leave me 2 weeks to see if things would end on their own. I had a pmp and had continued 2 months after the heart beat stopped. I have learnt to be strong at the doctors and not take no for an answer when I don't agree. I hope you can see you doctor soon xx

Vicki, hope you and Alana and going well. Congratulations!

Laura, just beautiful!

Calgan I'm sorry to have read your story. I'm surprised that if they have mentioned molar they haven't done a d&c. I was given my d&c 2 days after my scan only because they wanted to give me an MRI as the mass was large. I had bad nausea with my molar. I would say the worry of everything has made yours worse. Do you know your hcg?

Xxx

I am surprised as well... I found out 2 days before thanksgiving so I keep thinking that's why they have put it off. I was irate yesterday when they moved my follow up (yes it's only a day but the waiting is terrible).

I don't know what my levels were Tuesday night as they didn't tell me the number, I went Thursday morning for BW and my levels had not quite doubled, but again didn't get a number. I went again Saturday morning and was told they rose but not doubled from 22,000 to 31,000. She even mentioned on the phone this indicates nonviability (although it seemed as if we established that in the office Tuesday. I don't understand what the hold up is).

Calgan, sorry you had to join us. I hope you get some answers soon. My d and c was the Monday after we had out scan on the Friday. I was extremely ill too and got bad over the weekend so we drove 5 hrs to the city. I live in tbd country and they wanted to leave me 2 weeks to see if things would end on their own. I had a pmp and had continued 2 months after the heart beat stopped. I have learnt to be strong at the doctors and not take no for an answer when I don't agree. I hope you can see you doctor soon xx

!

Well at least I am not the only one sick to my stomach. The dr seems to think i'm overreacting. Even my husband who has dealt with my "morning sickness" knows this is very different from that.

From where the embryo measured on the scan i've now been carrying the pregnancy for 4 weeks since it stopped developing and my body still hasn't gotten with the program. I would rather NOT m/c at home especially since I was told i'd have to bring whatever I pass in to the office for pathology. It seems unfair to make a woman do that herself. I am glad you made the decision to go elsewhere for you care and not have to wait any longer than you did.

I go tomorrow morning for my follow up I will keep you all updated. Thank you for your support!! I felt really alone until I found this board - no one can even comprehend hearing that kind of news.

Please keep us updated lovely. It's a very hard time so I hope they give you some answers and a plan of action. I hope your nausea and sickness improves.

Sending hugs your way xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->