Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Calgan: so sorry you had to join us in what should be a happy time for you. I'm not sure what is taking your doctor so long. When my pmp was suspected last year I was sent immediately for blood tests and my d&c was scheduled for the following day. My blood work didn't really indicate a molar as my hCG was pretty low, but the pathology confirmed it. The whole experience was pretty horrible and you would think the doctor would do whatever it takes to get you through it so you can start to heal and move on.

Vicki: congratulations on baby Alana! I'm sorry that she had to spend time in the nicu, but I know they are making sure she is strong for her trip home. Hope the rest of your family gets over their illnesses soon so they can enjoy their new baby sister too. Post a photo when you can. Also, how are you feeling post surgery? That first week can be a bit rough.

M2C: Santa Indigo is adorable!!!!

Calgan, good luck. I hope they schedule you in for a d & c so you don't have to go through extra than you need to by waiting to mc. Tell them how you feel about waiting to mc and that you are getting sicker. My thoughts are with you xx

She came home yesterday. It was nice. Kids think she is a new play toy that we sat up high on a shelf and only let them look at her. Nora keeps calling her binkies mistle but means whistle. And she wants one. Ummm no.., pierson my 8 year old is the only one not sick so we let him hold him for a minute last night.

I doing ok i got my pist c sec cough and it not hurting too bad but it just is not clearing up. Alana has her first dr apt thursday. My husband has not taken days of nect week which would be 2 weeks after so i am trying to decide. I may ask him to take off through wed next week. But we will see. I need to get things a little back to normal too. But i need to go to my follow up on monday and see if i should have him first.

Vicki

Attachments

• 2013112795105312.jpg
    2013112795105312.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 17
Ah Vicki what a little beauty! Well done you. Glad to hear your doing ok

Xxx

Congratulations Vicki! Beautiful! Must be nice to have her home xx

Vicki: she is just adorable. And so much hair too! So glad you are all home and doing well.

Press a pillow up against your incision when you need to cough, it really helps.

Hi Calagan20 - welcome to our group and I`m sorry for what you have gone though. When I had my molar pregnancy, the first sign was spotting, dark red, brown, sometimes globs of discharge. I went to the doctor 3 days in a week 2 days apart to do blood work. My hcg levels were not doubling though they were rising. I did an ultrasound which revealed a molar pregnancy. I was immediately referred by my family doctor to my OB who then scheduled me for a d&c. The d&c took place a few weeks later. This group is great, it is a fantastic support group.

As for me - I don`t feel very pregnant. Not very nauseous... not very tired... I stopped spotting brown. And some days I feel like I`m not even pregnant and it kind of makes me scared. I do know that I`m emotional though, I sent my 10 month old to daycare this week, as I am returning to work soon. Everyday I drop him off, I cant help but cry. Trying to stay positive.

Hi ladies,

Vicki - Congratulations on your adorable baby girl. She is just a doll!

Calgan - Sorry you are going through this. But this a great support group! For me, the pmp was diagnosed only after the d&c and the pathalogy. But I can say that, when my OB couldn't find the HB at 7+5 (we had it at 6+5), he scheduled the d&c right away. I mean in the afternoon of the same day. I'm not sure if he suspected pmp or not. But as others said, it is not very wise to let the molar tissue grow in case it really is that.

M2C - Indigo looks adorable with the santa hat!

Crayon - I had a pmp. My OB said we could try right away after my levels hit negative (regarding my age, 36). But I just couldn't bring myself to it and waited 3 months and fell pregnant on first month (~5.5 months after d&c).

Tung - Congrats on your pregnancy. FX it's a sticky little bean!

Vegas & Bevb - I remember the days you announced your pregnancies and now you're almost due! So happy for both of you ladies...

All the other ladies - Hope you and your rainbows are Ok...

AFM - I've been absent since I wasn't feeling very good. I'm 18 weeks today and still didn't feel the baby move, so I kept thinking and torturing myself for a week that there was something wrong for sure.

Well, we had a scan yesterday and the baby looked fine. The long bones are also growing (still a little shorter than the rest of the body, but at least not falling too behind).

The OB said I have an anterior placenta, which keeps me from feeling movement sooner. He said it may take another 2 weeks before I feel anything!

Aaaand... The little bean turned out to be a lady :). Even the OB was surprised and I'm in total shock, as I was sure it was a boy! I must admit, I still consider a margin for error until the anatomy scan :). We'll see...

Ece lovely news your rainbow is pink. My placenta was anterior with indigo and I didn't feel her till just after 20 weeks so hang in there you'll feel her soon enough. Amazing your 18 weeks! Xxx

Ece: a baby girl, how wonderful! With my DD I had an anterior placenta too and didn't feel anything really until week 22. With this one my placenta is in the back and it is sooo different, I kinda miss the cushioning the anterior placenta provided. I'm just so happy all is going well with you.

Vicki- Congrats again! She is so adorable, and rocking a mohawk at birth! :)

Ece- yay for a sweet little girlie! I was convinced DD1 was a boy, it takes a couple days to get your head around your expectations. One trip down the baby girl section of the store though and I was over the moon! Girls are so FUN!!!

afm- I'm so busy this December. It seems like there are a million deadlines, I've got multiple performances with my string quartet and an orchestra concert this month. And then top it all off with Christmas. It just feels overwhelming. Plus Emsley is terribly sick with a chest cold. She has her 6 month appointment next week so hopefully the doctor can do something if she's not better by then. It's so hard to nurse and care for a sick babe. They're so helpless!

Congratulations Vicki, what a relief it must be to have her here safe and sound.
Ece - 18 weeks already? Blimey thats gone quick. Congrats on your news :)
So much going on here! My boys room is coming together nicely, furniture arrived last night so I can start putting all his little clothes away :) I still need to clean his crib. We then need to arrange his Moses basket and swing around all the Christmas decorations downstairs. I still can't believe this is all happening.
Went for my diabetes check up on Tuesday and they thought I had pre eclampsia, so went back yesterday to have a re check and they monitored baby for a while and all is good. Spoke to the doctors about going in early and he convinced me it's best to wait, so Tuesday is still the day!!!! Although I've had so many pains I'm not sure he intends to wait. My hubby has taken a couple of days off, he stays away for work and is 2 hours away and I'm scared of it starting when I'm on my own.
Xxx

Raff. I hear you on bwing busy. Our anniversary is today, our middle school has orchrastra concert on the :12th (violin) in our public school here they start orchastra in 4th grade and reg band in 5th. So our 4th grader, who is very small has decided he wanted to pkay cello so his first concert is the 19. Then christmas, tgen my middle schoolers borthday the day after. But i goung to enjoy it alk baecause before we know it i will be sending this cute baby girl to school. I also need to get my school application done and turned in fir aug. Semestervby jan 15th. And tgat aline will help time fly fast enough. If i have anymore i want it to be after i graduate in 2 years after i starrt school again. But we will see if that happens.

Vicki

ece77 - not to worry! before you know it, you will feel the baby moving all day long!! Yay the baby is a little lady!! congrats!

Rafferty - I know it's difficult with a sick baby. I hope she feels better soon!!

Vicki- just wanted to say real quick that it is so awesome your kiddos are playing music!!! And a huge advantage that they start in 4th grade. Our district starts in 6th grade which is waaay too late in my opinion. But I'll be teaching my kids when they're 4/5 years old on my own. Still, I wish they could be in an orchestra sooner.

Raff if i could afford it, i would put them in privrate lessons about that time to. My 8th grader sometimes has patience to she my 3rd grader violin stuff. He said as of now that is what he wants to play. So maybe a little minor help before he starts next year. Then i will have one starting something the year after that.

Vicki

Hi ladies, so I went to see my family doctor again due to more spotting. He gave me a requisition for an ultrasound and recommended I go sometime next week when I am closer to 7 weeks. I booked it for Wednesday. I'm scared but excited at the same time. On the same day, my OB has decided to see me earlier. I will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->