Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hope all is well Dano. Thinking of you. Have everything crossed xx

Are they going to do another scan in a week or so? When do you get your bloods back?

Hi ladies,

Dano - Hope all is well.. It may be late implantation..

M2C - Happy 12 weeks! I had mild nausea until 16 weeks I guess. Not too uncomfortable but I just couldn't bering myself to drink water!

Jacky - Can't believe how you could hide until 23 weeks! I had quite a bump then! So little time until V-day!

Lotte - Hope you and Ella are feeling a little better by now..

JBaby - Hope May will be your month ;)

AFM - 39 week check-up yesterday. Head-down, heart-beat fine, all seems OK, but she's just not in the mood to make her appearance :)

So, we'll wait for labor to start until next Wednesday; and if she's still not coming, I'll have an elective c-section in the afternoon! I just read too many horror stories on induction and don't want to go that route :(

Once the date was settled, everything started to seem so surreal! I still can not believe I will be holding my rainbow in my arms in less than a week -hopefully!!!

And a question: Did you ladies use a pump, even when breastfeeding? We also met with our future-pediatrician yesterday and he said he recommends getting one to everyone. I guess it's a good idea, considering DH can also experience feeding. But I'm afraid it would cause LO to refuse the real deal :)

I looked online at Philips Avent Natural bottles and everyone seems so content with them. How are your experiences?

Ece I can't believe your 39 weeks and one way or another your gorgeous girl will be in your arms. Please keep is updated as soon as you can.

I only ever pumped on a few occasions with both Corban and indigo. To be honest I couldn't express much from indigo so I didn't really bother. I've always used avent for both babies and I've always been happy. I much prefer the bottles I have for indie as there more nipple like.

Goodluck lovely!

Xxx

Thanks for the positive vibes ladies. I've kinda lost all hope myself :dohh:
I'll be fine tho, takes more than a few MC's to put me off.. I aint giving up until my ovaries do! :D

Ece, I had a great induction with DS1, just the pessary got labour going. I stayed on my feet as soon as the contractions started and remained that way until he was about to be born. My active labour was only about 3-4 hours! He was even back to back but came out fast and unassisted, just the wrong way up lol! RE pumps, I pumped like a dairy cow after #2 and fed my toddler the breastmilk. I used a medela swing, don't get on with anything else. I don't think its really needed, but if I'm honest I would pump out some of the early engorgement if I have another baby, its really uncomfy for a few days! All very exciting! I know you are not too bothered about having a vaginal birth, but I'm kinda hoping you get one and it goes really smoothly :)

Ece, wow not long now! Will be checking even more now for your good news :). Praying all goes smoothly and you will be holding your rainbow before Wednesday! Xx

I pumped a heap in the beginning. I had an avert but heard the medella was great (like Dano said). Marcy wouldnt take a bottle no matter how much we tried. Ended up only taking a closer to nature one (short and fat bottles with wide opening) but at 9.5 months when she weened herself in a weekend. I think the only time it helped me was when I had mastitis. But I could express with my hands in the shower under the warm water fine but was slow going to help with the mastitis and engorgemrnt. Have friends that swear by them though. Sorry I haven't helped much.

Have my antenatal appointment today. Will be following up on the pain which I'm still getting turns out the lab lost my urine sample. Won't be until Monday now for it to be confirmed and start antibiotics. I think I will start them today regardless as I just need to feel better. A week wait since going to the doc for medicine is very poor considering I'm pregnant :(

Ece - wow only a week to go :-D how exciting!!

Jacky - gosh I can't believe they have made you wait that long and now tell you they lost your sample! I would be furious! Hopefully they do put you on antibiotics asap to help you!

My doc put me on antibiotics today finally. Still have an infection but my body is actually fighting it but it won't clear it completely. Apparently when your pregnant your immune response is completemy different. So looking forward to feeling better again :)

There was a heap of 8 week olds at music today... So are so tiny compared to our older children. Wow I think I'm in for a shock!

Ece almost there. I have been induced for all 5 of my pregnancies. With 1 started on my own but used pitocin to help things along. As being both induced and c sections i would rather be induced. Oh and with the first 3 did not have epidural. They gave me some pain meds but they lasted only about a half hour. I would so rather have another induction with no pain meds then c-section. I will always have issues with the skin around my scar staying moist too long causing rashes and yeastsmells. Not to gross anyone out but i know i not the only one with that issue. And healing takes longer and my tummy was still numb in certian areas wpwith first c section 4years ago before i got preg again. I not sure what horror stories you heard but i, miss delivering vaginally.

Anyway on to the pump. Yes i have pumped, less with this one. But when i brought her home from nicu after a week we had to make transition to breast and it was harder on her so i refused to give her a bottle after that. Now i would like her to take bottle more ofter and she fights that. So i would say pump but dont give it to her to often at first but often enough to want it when offered. That will all depend on her too on how often. Cause if u want to get a babysitter it makes it harder or if you want to go shopping and leave her with dad it makes it harder.

Vicki

Sorry been mia, was in work all day yestrday and read the thread but didn't have time to reply.

Dano- sorry you didn't see much on the scan. Its good you saw a yolk sac though. I really hope you see a heart beat nxt week. Try not to los hope everyting may well be fine. Sorry to ask this and feel free to ignore, but do they know why you have had a few losses? Are you on any medication?

Ece - wow just a week! That is really close! With my labour, my waters went and due to meconium in the waters and no contractions they started me on syntocin. First stage was verry quick and i managed fine on gas and air. Her head got stuck though, so ended up with forceps. For me the induction went really well, if she hadn't been back to back with a large head (98th centile!) and me being quite small it would have been very straightforward. Not sure though if you need the pessary to start it off though whether that lengthens things a bit.
Also about the pump, ella never latched on, and would never get any milk from me. I had to pump and i was lucky and could pump loads! I think because i used it every 3 hours my supply was huge. I think some obs recommend pumps to increase your supply. If i had my time again i would have tried to perseve with getting her to latch (although did see a lactation consultant and we tried quite a few things). But She lost too much weight and we had to feed her with bottles, which meant she never went back on the boob because the bottle was too easy! She had expressed milk for a while though. I had a double elecetric pump which was fab. It was a lansinoh.

Becky - glad you are on anti-b's and hope the infection clears up soon. Yes newborns seem tiny don't they! Its funny when i compare alexander (my new nephew) with ella - she looks like a giant baby!

Laura - only a week to go!

I am finally feeling better. She has the last remnants of the bug but i feel generally ok. Ella seems better too! Still a little sniffly in the morning but clear soon after!
I had a good day in work yesterday. I know what projects i will be working on when i return and they are quite exciting! Will see how i get on. Agreed my hours too. Will be doing 8-4 with 1/2 hr lunch break. This means Kris will drop her off at 7:30 and i will pick her up at 4:30 and we still have dinner together. It will be very busy, and although i have enjoyed my time at home, and absolutely adore Ella and feel very sad about leaving her, i am looking forward to going back. I hope i still feel like that in June,! :haha: I think if money wasn't an issue I would go back part time (or probably not at all!) but we couldn't afford it so i have to look at the positives! Back in work next thurs, and ella will be with my mum (she was with kris yesterday).

Hope everyone else is ok.

Lotte. No idea as yet, I've had 7 losses so far (if you include the chemicals) but haven't been eligible for RMC testing until now as they like 3 in a row and I fell pregnant with my first rainbow after the first three losses while waiting for the referral!
Anyway I'm on 5mg folic acid, progestrone twice a day and aspirin 75 with this one and will get my testing done if it fails. I would imagine it's just an egg quality thing tho as I'm 37.

My boys have come down with another chesty/green snot/wailing all day type bug yesterday, bloody nightmare isn't it!. Hope yours buggers off now! Glad the work day went well, sounds really interesting!

Lotte apart from now throwing my lunch and tea up I'm ok thanks. I'm always glad to have chris home for an extra day! Got out in the garden sun and min which was lovely! Indigo loves it and corbans always busy looking for bugs.

How about you?

Dano how are you?

Ece I believe you said c-section tomorrow if no baby? Hope all goes well or all has gone well.

Becky how's you, marcie and bump?

Jbaby where are you in your cycle?

Xxx

Got my second cx results today, not good news if the number is correct, it was only 1200 and something. Scan at EPU not until next Monday now as DH couldn't get the time off on Friday. Maybe I will miscarry by then anyway, hard to say, but no sign of anything yet. Ugh.

Lotte apart from now throwing my lunch and tea up I'm ok thanks. I'm always glad to have chris home for an extra day! Got out in the garden sun and min which was lovely! Indigo loves it and corbans always busy looking for bugs.

How about you?

Dano how are you?

Ece I believe you said c-section tomorrow if no baby? Hope all goes well or all has gone well.

Becky how's you, marcie and bump?

Jbaby where are you in your cycle?

Xxx

That sounds horrible Laura. I really hope it eases soon. Not long to go till your scan! It is lovely to have dh's at home. We were out in the garden too. Ella sits in her pushchair and watches the world go by rather happily! We need to cut the grass but ella hates the noise of the lawnmower (the vacuum cleaner too!)

We are all good thank you. Ella is now moving forward! It was so funny, because the other night we went upstairs for bath etc and kris went to run her a bath, and i went to our bedroom to get her sleeping bag, and came out our room to find ella making a swift exit out of her bedroom looking for us! She hates being on her own at the moment.

Xx

Got my second cx results today, not good news if the number is correct, it was only 1200 and something. Scan at EPU not until next Monday now as DH couldn't get the time off on Friday. Maybe I will miscarry by then anyway, hard to say, but no sign of anything yet. Ugh.

So sorry dano :hugs: how long was between your 2 tests? I hope its just a mistake and all will be well next monday.

Xx

Yay to Ella moving forward! Clever! I think I hoovered so much when I was pregnant with indigo she doesn't bat an eyelid at the Hoover! Hehe! They all go through phases of not wanting to be on there own. Corban wasn't so bad but indie really has her moments!

Dano what and when were your other results? Sorry you have to wait till Monday. Sucks not knowing what's going on. Hugs xxx

Charing cross ones were 71 on 14 dpo and then 1200 last weds at 5+5.

My blood betas taken in between were 548 4+5 then 941 at 5w0d, so it's just crawled up since 5w if the cx ones are comparible. Have no idea what's going on in there, a little worried tbh. What are the chances this is molar cells growing back?

Dan-o - praying your little bean is growing strong and it all turns out ok!

M2c - you poor thing, ms is a killer! Hopefully you don't have it for long!

I'm cd9 today so almost in my fertile window :) been having quite wet cm so definitely gearing up to O I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->