Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Aww, another boy rainbow baby! See that, Kate? : ) Very happy for her!

I know, all these Rainbow boys!! How many is that now? Four arrived (me, Clo, Dan-O and Lou) plus yours on the way! And not one girl!

Or maybe somehow post molar babies are always boys :haha: Maybe because we've proved we have patience already :rofl:

:haha: Amanda and Sarah! you have me in a fit of giggles:haha: oh trumaine would be so pleased if he saw these posts lol he has his little boys name picked and all!! I just wanna know! lol guess we have another 19 wks then ill come in here screaming babys sex out to you all lol! aw, im so pleased for Lou, thats beautiful news:happydance:

Maybe Sarah! Yesterday was a pretty trying day for us and our boy, I cant even imagine what its going to be like with two! But you know what? I think I have always envisioned myself with boys. I think its exactly what I should have! I would still like to try just one more time for a girl, though.

Kate, a girl would be lovely (and yes, I am sure they are very affectionate), but I kind of hope Trumaine gets his wish. No one loves their Momma like a little boy!

Just had some great news ladies, my first sample since giving birth is 'normal'!!! :wohoo:

I've still got to continue follow up as I had chemo, but I am so chuffed about being normal already, wow!!!! :flower: :yipee:

That's great news! I know how good it feels to be normal! How's the little man doing?

That's great news! I know how good it feels to be normal! How's the little man doing?

He's seems to be doing great now!

He had a tongue tie, which was affecting his latch, and in turn making him hungry and grizzly.. so we got referred to have it snipped.
I was so worried about having it done, but it was nothing in the end, he barely noticed!

Now he's feeding like a pro, hoping he's made good progress when we have our next weigh in on Thursday :flower:

Wow, just saw you are 32 weeks now, the time is just flying by! Won't be long now until it's your turn! :yipee:

So glad he wasnt bothered by the snip! I know how easy it is to worry about things. How is his latch now? I do hope he is up in weight this time! BFing didnt go well for me the last time (Luc had a very high palette) and I had to use a nursing shield which caused us to have to go in for weekly weigh ins. I am bound and determined to make it work this time. The hospitals here are very proBFing (you even have to have a Dr order to bottle feed!), so I am hopeful we'll get the assistance we need.

I know! How did 32 weeks pass so quickly? I feel so huge its difficult to imagine growing for another 8 weeks! I go to the Dr today to hear the precious HB and step on the dreaded scale.

Here's a look into the future of parenting a boy for you, Dan...we spent the afternoon in urgent care yesterday to remove a bead that Luc stuck up his nose! I was so worried, but once the Dr had the proper tools it was out in about half a second. Never a dull moment!

BTW, your avatar always makes me smile! Your pics are beautiful as well! Enjoy this time!

Ugh, measuring 2 weeks ahead again, ladies. The good news from today's appt? I haven't gained any weight in the last three weeks, WOO HOO! I am so excited I may scream and enjoy a brownie tonight! Baby had a nice heart rate and my BP was great. And Luc was a good little boy enjoying his lollypop while Dr examined me. I feel so good when I leave the OB!

Amanda you're doing great! Do you have everything ready now?

Hi, I had my 12 week scan yesterday. Both twins are now the same size, so I am officially coming out to the world, as pregnant, with twins - woo hoo. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the last 8 weeks, I just can't believe how lucky I am, was convinced after the molar and my miscarriages I was never going to be pregnant again. Fingers crossed for the next 28 weeks x

Hi, I had my 12 week scan yesterday. Both twins are now the same size, so I am officially coming out to the world, as pregnant, with twins - woo hoo. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the last 8 weeks, I just can't believe how lucky I am, was convinced after the molar and my miscarriages I was never going to be pregnant again. Fingers crossed for the next 28 weeks x

What fantastic news!! :happydance: I'm so pleased for you :hugs:

Congratulations to all these post-molar pregnant ladies and the new mums too! It is so wonderful to see that there is a light at the end of a tunnel and it makes me feel so much more positive about the situation. Best wishes to you all x

YAY Amanda for a great appointment:happydance: does the baby being bigger affect anything? Also I had to LOL at your incident with Luc and the bead- I did the same thing when I was 3 years old! with bean bag beads! my mum was horrified:haha:
Aliwan congratulations on your twinnys WOW!:happydance::hugs:

Totally gave me shivers and made this preggo cry! I am so, so happy for you! To think after the miscarriages and the molar you are getting TWO perfect little babies! What a way to complete your family! It really is the best news and I am so happy little twin has caught up to big twin. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do they share a sac and or placenta? How far along does the Dr expect you to get? Ho far along did you get with your singleton babies?

Totally gave me shivers and made this preggo cry! I am so, so happy for you! To think after the miscarriages and the molar you are getting TWO perfect little babies! What a way to complete your family! It really is the best news and I am so happy little twin has caught up to big twin. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do they share a sac and or placenta? How far along does the Dr expect you to get? Ho far along did you get with your singleton babies?

Hi, No they don't share anything which means that they aren't at risk of Twin to Twin Transfusion syndrome and are unlikely to be identical, but some identicals have seperate sacs and placentas so wont know for sure until they are either sexed or born. I don't think they are, and I think that might be the reason 1 was smaller in the beginning..but who knows.
I will be finding out the sex at the 20 week scan as I found out with my 3 boys, and I love knowing and I'm no good at waiting.

Not sure how far they expect me to get waiting on a hospital appointment to go and see the multiples consultant and I'm sure I will find out more then, my 40 week due date is 4th feb and most twins are born around 36 weeks so I'm thinking early Jan, but I will try and keep them baking as long as possible.

Other than my 1st who was 2 weeks late, the other 2 have arrived a day or two early. I'm a little worried about the size I'm going to get and how long I'll be able to hold onto them, I've grown very big with my 3 boys and there was only ever 1 in there.

I think its mad how yourself, Kate and I are all about 10 weeks apart, 32 - 22 - 12 weeks hopefully another post molar baby is being conceived right now :winkwink:

Thanks so much ladies!

We have pretty much everything we really need from Luc, which is nice. I did want this baby to have a few new things at at least, so we bought new bedding (pic attached) and my mom has of course bought new clothes. My MIL asked if we need anything and I have asked her to get the stroller. I would like a Joovy Sit and Stand rather than a double stroller. Luc still very much enjoys his, so I really dont want to just boot him out.

Baby will be staying in our room for at least a month or two (Luc stayed for 3, but I'm not sure we'll do it that long again) in a bassinet, which of course, we have. For some reason the crib mattress doest fit snuggly in the crib anymore, so we still need to buy a new one. Also, we bought a new monitor system (our house is pretty big and I still use one for Luc) that will accommodate 2 cameras and we need to purchase the additional camera still. Both things we can do without for a bit, so I dont feel too panicked about not having them yet. Guess I need to pack my hospital bag here pretty soon.

Kate, I too stuck a bead up my nose as a young child. The story goes that I was crying in the Dr office and as soon as he walked into the room I screamed and out popped the bead. I am hopeful he'll never do it again, but I'm sure we have plenty of injuries ahead of us!:shrug:

The only issue that I know of the baby being bigger is the fact that I will have to push out a bigger baby. As of now he isnt too big, that we know of. Apparently measuring 2cm bigger in either direction is normal. At my 24 weeks appt (when they began measuring) I was 2 cm ahead. Then at 29 weeks I was only 1 cm ahead and now 2 am again. It may just be the way little bug grows. My Dr will not do a growth scan unless I were extremely ahead or behind. So, normal is good.

I had a great experience delivering Luc and really, really would love to have another. I realize that noone wants a c-section, but I really, really want a vaginal birth and know I am fully capable of pushing out a bigger baby, just worried about the tearing (ouch!). I had a second degree tear with luc and he was 7 lbs 7 oz, but he came out pretty quickly.

I hope everyone has a great day! Hugs to you all! :hugs:

Attachments

• carc540bed4-big.jpg
    carc540bed4-big.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1

Hi, No they don't share anything which means that they aren't at risk of Twin to Twin Transfusion syndrome and are unlikely to be identical, but some identicals have seperate sacs and placentas so wont know for sure until they are either sexed or born. I don't think they are, and I think that might be the reason 1 was smaller in the beginning..but who knows.
I will be finding out the sex at the 20 week scan as I found out with my 3 boys, and I love knowing and I'm no good at waiting.

Not sure how far they expect me to get waiting on a hospital appointment to go and see the multiples consultant and I'm sure I will find out more then, my 40 week due date is 4th feb and most twins are born around 36 weeks so I'm thinking early Jan, but I will try and keep them baking as long as possible.

Other than my 1st who was 2 weeks late, the other 2 have arrived a day or two early. I'm a little worried about the size I'm going to get and how long I'll be able to hold onto them, I've grown very big with my 3 boys and there was only ever 1 in there.

I think its mad how yourself, Kate and I are all about 10 weeks apart, 32 - 22 - 12 weeks hopefully another post molar baby is being conceived right now :winkwink:

Well, thats good news about their own sac and placentas. I ahve a very good fried who had twin boys a year ago and they avoided twin to twin transfusion until close to 29 weeks then had to take the babies due to it. Thankfully they are fine now, but its scary to have them so early! Another friend made it to her due date with twin boys! They were both just under 6 lbs. I hope you have two girls in there! Do your boys know you are pregnant and with two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->