Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Blimey Amanda how are you 35 weeks already?!?! :shock:

Hi ladies just a quick update... I rang the hospital for my histology results that were sent away to London for a second opinion and they have confirmed that it was partial molar. Im not really sure how to take the news atm, cause my levels from the blood taken at my scan wer 56,000 ish but i thought that was normal for 12 weeks pregnant. I thought in PM and M pregnancies the levels are massively high, maybe i was wrong. I have now been told that In will hear from Charing Cross and that i will have to give urine every month. I still have to go for blood tests on the 1st so hopefully they will show a drop in levels.
Sorry im not contributing to this forum much, i havent had the chance to read it all and catch up, but i will do in the next couple of days! Thank you for being so supportive :) x

Hi ladies just a quick update... I rang the hospital for my histology results that were sent away to London for a second opinion and they have confirmed that it was partial molar. Im not really sure how to take the news atm, cause my levels from the blood taken at my scan wer 56,000 ish but i thought that was normal for 12 weeks pregnant. I thought in PM and M pregnancies the levels are massively high, maybe i was wrong. I have now been told that In will hear from Charing Cross and that i will have to give urine every month. I still have to go for blood tests on the 1st so hopefully they will show a drop in levels.
Sorry im not contributing to this forum much, i havent had the chance to read it all and catch up, but i will do in the next couple of days! Thank you for being so supportive :) x

No, no, please dont be sorry! We are here for you when you need us. As for levels, mine were never sky high. I think it depends on if your baby stop forming earlier or later and I have also read that low hcg early on can be a sign as well. I know its odd to have such conflicting information. I think only cmp is for sure very, very high levels as it keeps forming and developing.

I'm glad you have gotten your results and have a plan of action. I think that is helpful to get you moving in a positive direction.

Kate, here every woman is screened for group B strep (GBS) close to the end of your pregnancy. It is a virus some (actually many, here anyway) women carry which is harmless to adults, but can cause problems for baby if you give birth vaginally and they are exposed to it. It's not a big deal though you just have to get IV antibiotics for 1-2 hours during labor. The screening involves a swipe of the private parts with a cotton swab. Not a big deal at all. I am not really looking forward to the internal exam though, its kind of painful this far along.

My HCG level at the time of my d&c were very high - BUT when I first fell pregnant I had a feeling things weren't going like my previous pregnancy eventually my midwife took my bloods and they weren't doubling every 48 hours I think it was closer to 80, at 1st they told me it was not a viable pregnancy and I was advised to naturally miscarriage at home. After 2 weeks and on off bleeding, and numerous trips back and forth I started bleeding very heavily I was going through towels every 5 mins. Eventually the hospital took me in and scanned me and that is when they saw my molar tissue and called me in for a d&c the next day. Sorry probably a bit too much detail but like you I was totally confused by high HCG levels when I was first diagnosed with slow rising HCG.
Sadly I don't think there is enough research or information about complete and partial molar pregnancies yet.
Take Care x

I actually had Group B strep when I had my middle son, William - can't remember how I ended up being tested as I was never even tested last time!
It meant that I had to have William at hospital as they were going to put antibiotics into me via drip whilst labouring. I left getting to the hospital too late, they actually wanted me to deliver into the hospital enterance but I refused! I had to stay in hospital for a minimum of 24 hours so they could keep an eye on William and check he didn't develop any symptoms - can't remember what these would have been - but he didn't so I got home the next day.
What is bizarre even though I had it William I was never tested when I had Lando?!

I need your help ladies :) Did anyone have heavy bleeding after a D&C? and like big lumps of blood? xxx

I need your help ladies :) Did anyone have heavy bleeding after a D&C? and like big lumps of blood? xxx

I didnt, more like just a bit heavier than my normal period. Some clots are normal, but you shouldnt be passing very large pieces of tissue. Are you having much pain? How much heavier is the bleeding than your normal period? Do you have a number to call and speak to a nurse?

i called the hospital again and i went in last night. The doctor said Im passing clots and tissue. I have to go back in today for a scan to see if or how much tissue i have left. If i have some depending how much they Will either leave my body to get rid of it or ill have another d&c. My cramps have been awful and the bleeding fairly heavy with some fair sized clots. Hopefully i wont need another d&c? And to top it off i still feel sick....o and it was my birthday yesterday ;) anyway enough about me how are you ladies? Sorry to hear your news Rachieroo sending you big hugs xxXX

I did for nearly a week after the d&c, they were really big clots of blood but never looked like tissue, but much much heavier than a period. If you are at all concerned contact the hospital or your doctor. I think I did bleed for about 3 weeks though.
I believe that with a complete mole you are more likely to bleed heavier, this is what I had.
I hope it all ends soon for you, x thinking of you

i called the hospital again and i went in last night. The doctor said Im passing clots and tissue. I have to go back in today for a scan to see if or how much tissue i have left. If i have some depending how much they Will either leave my body to get rid of it or ill have another d&c. My cramps have been awful and the bleeding fairly heavy with some fair sized clots. Hopefully i wont need another d&c? And to top it off i still feel sick....o and it was my birthday yesterday ;) anyway enough about me how are you ladies? Sorry to hear your news Rachieroo sending you big hugs xxXX

Sorry for my reply we must have been typing at the same time :dohh:

I'm glad you are getting another scan they did this with me but I didn't need another op. Let us know how you get on. It is so unfair as when this happens you just want to start getting on with your life and this just prolongs everything and makes it feel so clinical.

Happy Birthday for yesterday, and hopefully this year will be the start of new and brilliant things.

Take Care x

Today I got a call to come in and see the dr for a followup regarding my gestational diabetes results. I was told it wasnt urgent but I did need to see a dr. So im booked in for tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I am borderline gestational diabetes? Im a little scared and worried, not knowing what this could mean ... :shrug: ill update tomoro!

Mummy2Corban I hope the scan goes well and that you don't need another d&c :hugs: Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Kate I hope your appointment goes well, if you have GD don't worry! The important thing there is that its managed correctly. Lou (want2beamum) had GD and her baby arrived perfectly so dont worry :hugs:

Aliwan how are your twinnies? Are you going to find out the sex?

:hugs: to everyone!

Kate, I've never had GD or been tested, but I'm sure it will all be fine as long as it is managed. Hope the appointment goes well and the fact the appointment is not urgent means I wouldn't worry too much (easier said than done)

Sarah, twins are doing fine had my 16 week check yesterday and my bump is measuring 21 weeks already. Not due another scan till 20 weeks when we were going to find out the sexes, but my lovely hubby has said he will not drink beer for a month, so that we can afford a private gender scan :happydance: haven't quite decided whether we can afford this - we are having to spend sooooo much money at the moment. We are currently in the process of buying a bigger car - very annoying as we had just bought a 7 seater in June when we though we were having 1, but it wont fit double buggies etc.. so having to get an even bigger one.

If I do have the gender scan - I bet we do - I'll let you all know asap x

Ugh, I really hope you dont need another one. I'm sorry your in pain and bleeding heavily, but glad you went in to be seen. Did they give you anything for the pain?

Happy belated birthday. I know you'll be happy to have this all behind you. Good luck!

Well, looks like I'm borderline/have gestational diabetes:( see ob and midwife tomorrow morning so will know more then. No sweets at all for the next 14 weeks! Means no cake at my brothers wedding I'm guessing. This news has shook me
Around a bit, why can't things ever be easy for me? Why can't I just have a normal pregnancy and not have to worry so much? Oh well, guess I'll just have to put my chin up and get on with things, just wanna keep my little bubba as healthy as I can. About to go to the gym, gotta watch my weight too. Last time I weighed I was 61kg, which is good apparently I'd only put on 7 kg by 23 wks, see how
Much more I have gained tomorrow!

scan said there was something remaining but charring cross didnt want them to do another d&c as its too aggressive so they need me to go down today for 6 nights for probably medical management. I started bleeding again last night so we went back to hospital and i was passing big clots and tissue after pulling bits out luckily the bleeding eased as they said they would have no choice but to give me a d&c luckily it eased off. Right now Im having a blood transfusion and Will be taken by ambulance to charring cross just encase i bleed again. Im missing but boyfriend and LO so much they Will come to charring cross and stay with relatives. How is everyone else? At some point i Will read this whole thread but with all the hospital visits i havent had time. I hope you dont think Im rude cause all i do is ask questions. I really do thank you all very much for takin0t reply and be caring. Thank you xxxxx

Gosh mummy2corban what a time you're having!! And I'm sure no one thinks you're rude :hugs: I really hope things start going right for you soon - I'm sure they will :hugs:

Just popped in quickly & read your post mummy2corban, so sorry you are having such an awful time :hugs:

I just wanted to say a similar thing happened to me, but I avoided the blood transfusion as my levels were always just about OK. My hospital were also wanting to do a second D&C 12 weeks after the first one, but CHX told them not to.
I went up to CHX instead & got scanned where a 'mass' was noted in my uterus. They got me started on chemo same day and I had a week of bedrest in the hospital which settled the bleeding (I was also flooding and passing clots the size of raw chicken breasts) I was allowed back home after a week or so and continued my chemo down here in Devon.
I passed a firm lump of tissue while on my second course of chemo (I think this was what was causing the problem!) and everything was completely normal from that day on. My levels have been good ever since.

I hope your stay up there isn't too long & you can get home to your family soon.
The CHX team will get you sorted asap, they are fab! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->