Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

O so exciting! So pleased for you! Im sure it is a little scary but im thinking all will be ok. Makesure they do look after you properly....just dont let anyone fob you off. Are you under sheffield? Maybe ask them how many scans and that you need! Im just so pleased! I know i still have a wait on my hands but it shows there is light at the end of the tunnel! Rainbow baby! Beautiful xxxxxxx

Ahh hun thank you, i hope everything goes ok! No charing cross hun, i have rang them they said ill get an early scan at around 8 weeks then normal ante-natal care and they will monitor me for a few weeks after delivery, so at least i know i get an early scan! :D i cant stop smiling lol xx

O good! It wont be long till you have your scan and it will put your mind at rest! Once you have your dating scan im sure that will feel amazing! Yay! So pleased! I bet seeing that line has made the last few months worth it (i know the next few weeks will be difficult cause of worry) but its just amazing! xxx

Wow - fantastic news rachieroo. I can imagine how sacry it must be but yet so exciting!

I am nervously waiting for this weeks blood test -only an hour and half now!
I just pray it has gone down - I have a terrible feeling it has gone up - so fx'd!

I need to get my hcg doen to zero but I'm really not sure how to wait I can't see me waiting teh full time - maybe NTNP and see what happens. If my body is ready it will happen.

Have a good friday everyne -will be back later with my result
xx

Lotte - Its so difficult isnt it! I used to dread making the phone call to find out results! While on treatment my levels went up so waiting was hard but i kept thinking i bet they have gone up but it was all fine when i called. Fingers crossed for you lovely. Im meant to wait a year but it sounds like charring cross will ok a 6 month wait. I would try sooner if i hadnt had the chemo xxx

YAY For Rainbow Babies!!! Congrats Rachieroo!!!

So result was 74, which compares with lasts week of 89 and the week before of 76. I spoke to Dee, and she said that levels had plateaued. I've got a test on Monday, and they should have the results before I see Prof. Seckl on Friday.

I really don't want treatment, but I can't cope with the levels staying the same week after week and I know that thats what they are thinking.

Hey ho!

Whats anyone's plans this weekend?

I hope you all have a good one!
xx

o hun it must be a nightmare with them doing that. I know treatment isnt the best option but if it puts your levels back down its totally worth it. Plus it wont take them long to get to negative. Im just doing bits and pieces. What about you? Xx

Like I've said before I'm in the states so my care has been different from you UK ladies, however when I started to Plateau I got switched to less frequent draws, even was moved to monthlies prior to getting to "normal--under 3--results"--do they let you try that?? Tho it seems if something is going on then the sooner treatment is started the better---Molars are so evil : (

HI Mrs Wag
I just wanted to add for what its worth that if you saw the embryo with heartbeat at 6.6 then it is a partial molar pregnancy. A partial molar is usuall 2 sperms penetrating the egg and leaving the embryo with 69 chromasomes instead of 46 (23 from each parent) These babies can unfortunately develop and I have read some poor parents who get to 23 weeks, unfortunately not one has ever lived outside the womb.
A molar pregnancy is different in that the egg is 'damaged' I believe and has no nucleus so can never produce an embryo and therefore never see a heart beat at scan.
Unfortunately outside of sheffield and the big centres who study miscarriage, smaller hospitals dont know enough about it and just say molar and of course as the placenter grew and grew by the time your little one got to the pathology section they probably just cant find feotal tissue and have given it the blanket caveat of 'molar' pregnancy.
This happened to me in that at 6.2 I saw embryo and heartbeat and at 7.5 nothing just a snowy mass, D and C then off to pathology and they say molar, I keep correcting them saying partial.
Now the positives for you, God love you its awful.
It is said that you are less likely to have another partial molar, there obviously are risks but the percentage is lower, I believe that my eggs are older so they show abnormalies now and that egg had a thinner skin and let two sperm penetrate.
Sheffield will send you an envelope to put the Date of last period on and the date of your sample you use FMU and send it off, 2 weeks later you will recieve another with the result of your last one. Once your result is below 0.15 you will be monitored for a period of time. this is determined by when you reach below 0.15. If you reach it before 56 days of your miscarriage/D & C they will monitor you for the remaining months that will make a total of 6 months from D and C, if you take longer they monitor you for 6 months after a normal result. They will advise you to use barrier contracteption till you reach normal and then you can take oral chemical contraception after that for the duration of your monitoring.
Hope that helps. I had my D & C on October 17th and returned to normal after 8 weeks, I have had 2 normal periods . And whether I am an idiot or a desperate woman I have not used contraception this year. Please anyone I do not wish to be judged and understand the risk I am putting my self under but in my mind and my age they are worth it at my age. Again please no judgements. I would not advise you to blatantly ignore this thoroughly researched advise, I just made my own decision.
I hope you heal quickly and return to normal quikly these weeks where you still feel pregnant are so cruel.
Bex

Thank you so much for this post :hugs: Its really help me understand more about what is happening!

I was wondering how we could have seen a heartbeat if it was complete but when we were with the Doctor she didn't seem to know a lot about it and whenever I asked a quest she either told me to look in the leaflet she had given me or had to go and ask a nurse.

I got my first envelope from Sheffield on Friday and posted it on Saturday, do they arrive exactly 2 weeks apart?

I hope I return to normal quickly too, not sure what we will do about trying again at the moment. We so want a baby but this whole experiance has scared me so much - I'm not sure what I would be like when I'm pregnant again.

HI Yes they arrive a day or so before the two week point.
You'll know yourself if you want to go on, I'm scared stiff this was my fifth loss and I said that was it....but I just can't stop. I adore and appreciate my gorgeous little boy so much and i am so thankyful that I have him and in deed I just got pregnant without trying for him and had him age 39 I am thankful I did not experience the losses before him as I really don't think my marriage would have survived. I think although I am so so scared I wont ever stop.

Just got off phone with mw, and it was the one who did my booking in appointment for the last pregnancy and she said 'how are you rach, not long and your due right?' The hospital didnt even tell my mw is miscarried! So i had to explain to her and I got to ring up on the 18th so she can book me in for my scan! How wierd is that, that's the date my follow up ends!

How is everyone? Sorry to the newer members that I havent replied to you much but I have been on my phone, as soon as i get on my laptop i will re read your posts :) Xx

Keep us updated on your scan date rachel! Super exciting! End of follow up too which will be amazing. Still so pleased for you.

All good here ta very much! Got lots of stuff going on with the house starting this weekend....keep me busy till we ttc

xxx

Mummy2corban i will definitely keep you updated, im excited! And it won't be long til I can congratulate you on becoming pregnant with your rainbow! Xx

Ladies, quick note to let you know I had 2 beautiful daughters at approx 1.15. Twin 1 is Francesca Erlea 5lb15oz and twin 2 is Ariana Meli at 5lb14oz. They are beautiful. Will give you all an update with pics when I'm home.
Ladies you will get your rainbow babies, and it is amazing feeling x

If anyone wants to be a facebook friend, who isn't yet, my name is deborah allum, and my pic is me and my 3 sons.
To the new ladies, sorry I haven't had chance to reply individually, but I will as soon as I can

Hugs to all, and thanks for getting me through this x

Congratulations on your beautiful rainbows! They look gorgeous on your facebook picture! I look forward to seeing more pictures when your ready. Hope everything is ok? Are you ok? Sending lots of hugs xxxx

Rachel thank you so much! Im so excited about the day i can tell you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->