Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

My first lot of blood work was 3 weeks post d&c and came back @ 344, next week 108, then 50, then 27, then 16 and switched to every 2 weeks, @7weeks 6 days post d&c 9, then 9 weeks 5 days 7 then switched to monthlies and finally @ 14 weeks post d&c I was under 3 last month. SOOOOOO if your results came back at that level maybe the reason for the urine is because it was a "normal" result so you don't have to do any more blood work and they just want to monitor you via urine???

Thanks Mummy2Corban and blakesmom :flower:

At sheffield they don't do bloods apparently, just urine tests so the first sample I sent off to get that result was a urine one and was taken 8 days post D&C and showed the 2.62. The letter said that a result of 0.35 or less was normal. Sent another sample off today and they have said they will call me with results.

Just very confused at the moment :shrug: Hoping everything works out ok though and trying not to overthink things!

Thanks Mummy2Corban and blakesmom :flower:

At sheffield they don't do bloods apparently, just urine tests so the first sample I sent off to get that result was a urine one and was taken 8 days post D&C and showed the 2.62. The letter said that a result of 0.35 or less was normal. Sent another sample off today and they have said they will call me with results.

Just very confused at the moment :shrug: Hoping everything works out ok though and trying not to overthink things!

I *think* that Sheffield use a different measurement or something - I've seen this before Im sure. Its more or less like your levels are 262, and normal is under 3.5, to compare to the other girls. Does that make sence? Either way thats a really good result! They are probably happy to go with the urine tests because your levels have dropped so well! I was under Sheffield and I also saw a consultant at my local hospital (not that she really knew much about molar etc). Sheffield requested bloods when I was first diagnosed, and then every so often if I had an appointment with my consultant she would do bloods and send the results to Sheffield, but I think that was something she wanted to do rather than Sheffield requesting it.

If you're not sure or confused please just give Sheffield a ring - or email them. The lady was called Jan when I was under them, she was lovely and I would email her if I had any questions. She was always helpful :)

xx

Hi girls I haven't written for ages - I had a partial molar in May 2011, it grew back and I had another D&C and then took a while to get my levels back to normal so I started counting 6 months from July - and got pregs on our first try! I am only 4 weeks so it's very early - I'm just wanting some advice from someone who has had a post molar pregnancy and tell me the tests I should be going through to make sure this pregnancy is ok? More blood tests? ultra sounds? I want to be ready for my Drs apt next week. I'm too scared to get excited and have found that I am very bloted like I was early in the molar pregs. I would love to hear some happy stories??
Naomi

Sarahwoo - is your little toddler in the photo a baby you had after you had a molar pregs or before? Keen for some info on post molar pregnancies? Naomi.

Naomiau - congratulations! Im still waiting to try so i cant help you but there are a few ladies who can! Rachieroo is newly preggo so maybe she can help! Keep us updated lovely xx

Naomiau congrats! Yes Oliver is my Rainbow baby :cloud9: I just had an extra NHS scan at 6 weeks, then everything from then on was 'normal'. I did pay for a private scan at 9 weeks though for my piece of mind which was SO worth it! I was obviously worried / nervous but I also really enjoyed been pregnant which I was worried I would never do. After about 20 weeks it was just lovely :)

Congrats naomiau!!!!

I had scans at 6 & 8 weeks, then the normal ones at 12 & 20 weeks. My early pregnancy unit were already familiar with me as I was undergoing fertility investigations with the same team, so charing cross didnt even have to ask for the early scans.

My pregnancy was totally normal this time & my levels went back to normal within 2 weeks of giving birth, I was amazed after all the trouble I had back in 2009!!

(12week pmp/D&C/hemorrhage/rising levels then chemo!)

Congrats Naomiau!!! Keep those of us who are still WTT updated on how things go for you!!

So i had my bloods done today....im now on my 6 months of fortnightly bloods and urine...so i done my first urine sample today! 6 months time and no more bloods yay! Another step closer!! xxx

YAY MummytoCorban--I was just noticing in my Ticker I'm 2 months away from TTC tomorrow--I hope these months go by quickly!! Waiting on AF to show today here--we had an unprotected bonk on New Years Day Night and I Ov on the 3rd--but the rest of the month we were protected--still holding on to a little glimmer of hope I could be working on a miracle even though we weren't suppose to be trying yet...

Hi girls I haven't written for ages - I had a partial molar in May 2011, it grew back and I had another D&C and then took a while to get my levels back to normal so I started counting 6 months from July - and got pregs on our first try! I am only 4 weeks so it's very early - I'm just wanting some advice from someone who has had a post molar pregnancy and tell me the tests I should be going through to make sure this pregnancy is ok? More blood tests? ultra sounds? I want to be ready for my Drs apt next week. I'm too scared to get excited and have found that I am very bloted like I was early in the molar pregs. I would love to hear some happy stories??
Naomi

Hi all, I haven't been on this site for all most 12 months now. I suffered a MP in Oct 2010. This site really helped me through the first few months when the pain of losing my baby was really raw!! I fell pregnant during my 6 months follow up with Sheffield...it isn't advisable I know but me and my husband talked about it and as my levels dropped to normal almost straight away we threw caution to the wind and just wasn't careful when we did the deed!! We were surprised that we got a BFP straight away and we are now blessed to have a four month old healthy daughter!!

Naomi I rang Sheffield straight away and feeling like I was naughty told them that I thought there maybe a chance I was pregnant (knowing full well I was!!) They were really good and told me that they would inform my consultant at the hospital and they would be in touch and that I wasn't the first to get pregnant before the 6 months was up and wouldn't be the last! I had an appointment with my consultant who congratulated me but also had a tone and a look that kind of told us off! I had a scan in the Womens Health Department at 6 wks - it was the most worrying feeling in the world, I can still feel how sick I felt now! The scan showed a health heart beat!! I remember asking the midwife if it was normal to be showing so early as like you my tummy looked bloated...the midwife commented and asked if I was constipated!!! No I replied!! I just seemed to show that early and it was visable before my 12 wk scan that I was pregnant which meant keeping it to ourselves difficult! I didn't have any other scans or appointments until I had my 12 wk scan...as everything appeared good on the scan I continued to have appointments as normal. Obviously it was discussed at the midwife booking in appointment and she asked how I was feeling about this pregnancy...excitied but scared at the same time!!

6 wks after I had my daughter I had to do a urine sample for sheffield and they wrote back saying that everything was normal so that concluded this set of investigations. They said that after any furture pregnancies, miscarriages or terminations I would have to do another sample!!

The best you can do at this stage is to remain positive, there is little else you can do! I send you and all the other ladies that have been through what we have and are either ttc or have their first BFP after a MP lots of love and positive thoughts https://www.babyandbump.com/images/smilies/hug1.gif

Pregnancy at the best of times is stressful and full of worry, this on top puts increased pressure on you and your other half - stay strong!! One thing I remember doing is asking lots of questions at the 12 wk scan about signs of MP, don't be afriad of asking questions!!

I hope my happy story gives you some hope, lots of love Gemma

Thanks for sharing your raindow baby story--Glad everything went well with the pregnancy and you have your sweet baby girl now!!

Hope evryone is doing ok.
Bloomin' typical isnt it - a few weeks off from the end of follow up and my latest reading which I got today (but from 2 weeks ago) is 0.37! (normal classed as <0.35). I'm not pregnant (boo) as just had AF but to stop me worrying I've just done a HPT as I figured if things were growing back my HCG levels would have risen even more and would have shown as positive (at least that's my theory and I hope I'm right!). I send my next sample off on Monday so hopefully they'll have gone down again. Funnily enough, my result before that one was my lowest ever - 0.015 or something. I will be so, so glad when this whole sorry business is in the past.......bleurgh!

Awe man--Hopefully your Monday test comes back all perfect again--maybe error on the lab's part for that last one??!!

Hey rachie....sorry its late but i thought your scan was tomorrow....GOODLUCK!! Hope all goes well and your angel was looking over you both xxxx

Hey rachie....sorry its late but i thought your scan was tomorrow....GOODLUCK!! Hope all goes well and your angel was looking over you both xxxx

It's ok thanks hun, it went well thanks, we seen a little heartbeat and everythin Hehe! I'm between 6 and 7 weeks which is perfect (my ticker is off) and i have to go back in two weeks for another scan before my 12 week dating scan! Gah im so relieved, my angel was definately watching us! Xx

That's brilliant news rachieroo - glad everything was good x

Awesome Awesome stuff! Best news ever and great you get another scan before your 12 week scan. Must have put your mind at rest as much as it can be! YAY XXXX

So Great Rachieroo--What does that put your EDD @??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->