Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Thanks everyone for your support.

The wait is tough, but for me the harderst part is the uncertainty. I don't know when my levels wil return to normal. I don't know if I will ever have a baby. At least we all haev each other who understand the frustrations!

Mummy2corban - Yay for 2 months and 2 weeks - lets hope June comes quickly!

Tina- fertility friend isn't always right. And you bd'd plenty! Fx'd for a bfp. How many dpo are you now?

I didn't manage to speak to Linda - she was on holiday, but I spoke to Sinead (she is so lovely!) I can't move to monthlies yet but she said that they are not worried and it is a drop. I just hope my next one has a small drop again...She definately made me feel better. And said I could ring if I need more reassurance.

I am glad its friday! Whats anyone's plans for the weekend?

xx

Between 5-7DPO today. And fingers crossed for a BIG drop in hCG for you in two weeks!!!

Sinead is lovely isnt she! She was in my follow up appiontmet so i got to talk to her about our decision to wait 6 months instead of year. Really like her! Well she is true a drop is a drop and hopefully soon your levels will be normal.

Tina- have everything crossed for you!!!!

Im not doing much this weekend as my OH is on call and already has a job for the morning so we wont be up toi much! Hopefully it will be nice and me and my munchkin can go for a stroll.

What about you other ladies? Much planned?

xxxx

Lottelotte- I'm so sorry your feeling down honey : (... Is it normal for it to slow going down?

Blakesmum- fingers crossed honey x

Xx

Hello it is so nice to find a forum about molar pregnancy. I had a complete molar and had d&c last january 20. It was supposed to be our first baby. Since the d&c, my HCG last march 14 is 11.77. And im hoping that it will go down more for my nexr blood test which is on April 11. It really is so hard when you don't have anyone to talk to because no one can understand unless they've been through it...the loneliness for the loss and the waiting time for the zero hcg is really making me anxious..it helps to have this forum and find comfort and strength to move on with life...

My hcg has always dropped slowly! Hence why i'm still waiting after over six months. I didn't have a molar pregnancy though. I had placenta accreta, where the placenta was deeply embedded in my myometrium. At first though they thought it may have been molar and i am being treated at cx.

I think the actual drop gets smaller but the percentage fall hopefully stays about constant. So if for example, in two weeks it halved from 160 to 80, that would be a drop of 80. The next fortnightly drop would be to say 40, which is less of a drop, but the number still halved. What a others thoughts on this?

This has roughly held true for me, but last week the drop was very small which is so frustrating. I just hope it continues to fall. At this stage its all i can hope for.

Xx

Welcome anelelic. I am glad you have found us but sorry for what you are going through.

This is a fairly rare thing, so there are so few people in real life that have to go through this and understand. So this group is great.

Where about are you? I am in the uk and am being looked after by charing cross hospital. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. There a lots of ladies, going through different stages and many are either expecting or have their rainbow babies. It gives me hope that one day i may be lucky enough to have a baby.

Xx

Just popping in to say hello and send some :hugs: to you all! I hope you are all okay. I haven't been on the thread for ages as I've been so busy, but I'm glad its still going strong. My PMP was such a lonely time for me, its so good to see ladies supporting each other on here through what is such a difficult time.

Xxx

Hi lottelotte and thanks for the encouragement. I am in the philippines and im thankful that since the d&c, my hcg went down from 225,000 to 11.77 as of march 14. It really is hard to cope immediately because we are expecting our first baby and yet we thought it was only a miscarriage but when the doctor said that it is H-mole well we dont know anything about it so i research and was shock to know that it can turn into cancer...but hopefully since the hcg is going down, the anxiety is lessen :)

Welcome Anelelic, so sorry for your loss and hope you find comfort and support here with this lovely group of ladies xx

Lottelotte, my levels dropped really slowly once it got under 60. It'll get there lovely and it's still dropping which is good. Thinking of you lots and hoping for a big drop next test xx

Mummy2Corban I like your count down. Not long now.

Did everyone have good weekends? One of my oldest friends got married yesterday. She was so happy and it felt so special to be able to share it with them. So glad I could be there.

Sending hugs and smiles to everyone xx

Anelelic - Im so glad you have found us its a very hard time so its great to have ladies who you can share your worries with. I too had a complete molar but had to have treatment for it which i finished 9th dec. Your levels sound great your so close to normal.

Lotte - its good its halving but i agree with jacky and that mine also slowed at the point of the numbers being low. Hang in there lovely its gonna keep dropping.

Jacky- i find it so emotional seeing an old friend getting married! Its so lovely to share there day.

So ladies i have a question! Ive been doing OPKs and i had a postive on day CD17 i kept testing as i was still having stretchy cm...today CD 22 my OPK is pretty much positive and earlier i had crampy feelings in my lower tum (not as bad as a period but that niggly kinda feeling) so any ideas?!?!? Could my body have geared up for ovulation but didnt so its trying again?!?! Im annoyed at my cycle being everywhere! Last month my positive OPK was CD 13. AAARRRGGGHH! Just wanna have everything settle! Sorry for the moan.

xxxxx

I had a molar pregnancy about four months ago. My doctor says everything has been going fine, but I missed a period despite using birth control. If a take a pregnancy test its going to come up positive no matter what, correct? My doctor isnt open on mondays and i just need something to ease my mind.

I agree It will depend on your hCG level. @ 4 months post molar I was @ normal "pre-pregnancy" levels and wouldn't have gotten a positive pregnancy--it will also depend on how sensitive your pregnancy test is as well...early detections are oten 10miu--25miu if what the digitals tests are I think, and I have even heard of 50miu tests...

Anelelic - Im so glad you have found us its a very hard time so its great to have ladies who you can share your worries with. I too had a complete molar but had to have treatment for it which i finished 9th dec. Your levels sound great your so close to normal.

Lotte - its good its halving but i agree with jacky and that mine also slowed at the point of the numbers being low. Hang in there lovely its gonna keep dropping.

Jacky- i find it so emotional seeing an old friend getting married! Its so lovely to share there day.

So ladies i have a question! Ive been doing OPKs and i had a postive on day CD17 i kept testing as i was still having stretchy cm...today CD 22 my OPK is pretty much positive and earlier i had crampy feelings in my lower tum (not as bad as a period but that niggly kinda feeling) so any ideas?!?!? Could my body have geared up for ovulation but didnt so its trying again?!?! Im annoyed at my cycle being everywhere! Last month my positive OPK was CD 13. AAARRRGGGHH! Just wanna have everything settle! Sorry for the moan.

xxxxx

It does sound like you geared up to Ov and your body didn't do it right away--Are you also temping??

My doc never told me anything about my levels. He never really tells me much of anything. I never really knew what to ask. Is it normal to miss a period after a molar pregnancy? If i were to be pregnant what would that mean?

Have you been doing blood work to have an hCG #'s on file that he just hasn't been telling you the results of?? Or have you not been having blood work done at all?? I would say take a HPT and see what kind of result you get. If its negative ask for further follow up from your Dr. as to your levels--when you can try again, etc. If it's positive and your Dr. hasn't been following your levels I would recommend you find a NEW DR. (as your Dr. doesn't seem proactive in keeping you informed) and then let them know that you got a positive pregnancy test but are unsure if it is a new pregnancy, but you have also missed a period and were diagnosed with a molar pregnancy 4 months ago...The risk of a new pregnancy after a molar pregnancy is that the Mother can't be treated for the molar cells during pregnancy if she carries baby to term and the cells have grown back--there isn't an easy way to tell if the molar cells are growing as hCG levels are what tells our Drs. what those cells are doing which is also the same hormone produced for a new pregnancy as well--so your Drs. wouldn't know if it was just baby growing or baby and molar cells---Not sure if that makes sense but just what I recall in my research.

Mummy2corban I'm not too sure about the opk's. I think it may be a case of waiting to see when you get your period unfortunately. I hope its not too long a cycle for you. Don't worry about moaning - its what we are here for.
I hope that your cycle does sort itself out for June...

Blakesmom- love your new picture! Blake is so gorgeous. How are you feeling about this month - will you wait for af or will you test before?

Jacky - I am glad you had a nice weekend. How lovely for your friend.

I bought a ClearBlue fertility monitor? Has anyone else used one before? I am now on cd10 and am still getting lows. I think the last two cycles I ovulated around day 15 so I'm not sure when I will get highs or peaks. I hope I get some! Apparently the first cycle it may not be as good, because its gets used to your body.

Have a good Monday everyone! xx:hugs:

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA for a while - had some family stuff that took up all my time but things seem to have settled down not thankfully.

Hope you all doing ok :flower:

I have a question - OH and I went out on Saturday night and ended up having rather a lot to drink (after all the stress thats been going on the past couple of weeks we got a little carried away!) we ended up dtd but I didnt realise until I woke up on Sunday that we got carried away and didnt use a condom! Now I'm really worried, I'm not using OPK's but going by my pre MP cycles I would be around ov time. Should I tell Sheffield?? or just leave it as there is only a tiny chance I could get pregnant?
My head has been running round in circles ever since :shrug:

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA for a while - had some family stuff that took up all my time but things seem to have settled down not thankfully.

Hope you all doing ok :flower:

I have a question - OH and I went out on Saturday night and ended up having rather a lot to drink (after all the stress thats been going on the past couple of weeks we got a little carried away!) we ended up dtd but I didnt realise until I woke up on Sunday that we got carried away and didnt use a condom! Now I'm really worried, I'm not using OPK's but going by my pre MP cycles I would be around ov time. Should I tell Sheffield?? or just leave it as there is only a tiny chance I could get pregnant?
My head has been running round in circles ever since :shrug:

If it were me I would leave it and not mention anything and see what happens. When you take a pregnancy test is it negative? When I take a test there is still a very faint line which is annoying, but if yours is negative, then you will be able to see before you have tests. (Depending on when you have the next test) - When is your next blood test? It you did fertilise the egg, then it will be a week (at least) till it starts producing hcg, therefore if you have a test between now and next weekend it will not affect your results. If you have a test between next weekend and the weekend after - that is trickier because the implanted egg has begun producing hcg yet its unlikely to be picked up by a hpt. I think you may just have to wait and see what happens.......

However it is worth keeping in mind, that there has to be an egg, it has to fertilised and then successfully implant for any of thsi to be an issue and as we all know this doesn't always happen!

I hope that was somewhat useful. Hugs to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->