Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi Lilylee!! Welcome :flow: so sorry you are going thru this. My Dr. recommended a 1 year wait after my partial molar. I was concerned as it has typically taken DH and I awhile to conceive so my Dr. said she may be OK with 6 months wait. Still haven't been given an "official" OK but I have had 3 month in a row of hCG under 3 which my Dr. considered "normal." Tomorrow will mark 6 month since my D&C and my would have been due date is approaching on April 1st. DH and I started NTNP after 1 month of "normal" results and TTC last month and again this month--I plan on testing on Thursday to see if we might have gotten lucky right @ the 6 month mark. This journey is so crazy and sometimes you feel alone in this, but in those times come here for support--it will help a TON!! There are also a few groups on facebook that have been nice to be a part of--but nothing compares to this thread in finding caring women who truly understand and have been there and gone thru what you are facing. :hugs:

Thanks for the warm welcomes ladies.
I'm trying to build up the courage to return to work tomorrow. Today is the first day I've had on my own since the horrible scan last week, and I'm really struggling. It didn't help that I just went to the supermarket at the girl at the checkout started asking me if I have kids, if I was going to etc etc. Almost broke down. Please tell me this gets easier?
Lee
x

It does get easier. Tho a mentally challenged lady asked me the other day how old my baby was as I was leaving a movie theater with Blake (who is 3) and I said "excuse me?" thinking she was referring to Blake who is a bit old to be referred to as a baby--and she said "oh aren't you pregnant" NO----SAD DAY!! Just have to remember who is asking the questions--they some times just don't know any better. But time does make it easier for those things to slide off your back!

Congrats ladykara on your negative result. That is excellent :)

Lee, I've been struggling a lot lately especially when i'm arouns my pregnant friends especially with two due within a week of when I was due. I find I have good days and bad. It'll get a easier and you'll find the good days happen more often and the bad ones nearly aren't as bad as they were. Hang in there and don't be afraid to talk about it if that helps you. Good luck at work tomorrow xx

So sorry Blakesmum that you had to hear that today. Fingers crossed that she is psychic and is sensing something? Everything crossed for tomorrow xx

Lilylee- im so sorry you are joing us but its good you found us. All the ladies here are wonderful and because we are all different stages we can all lend a ear or shoulder to cry on. Things do get better i promise right now all your emotions are very raw and there are so many layers this too. I was diagnosed with my cmp 10th August and even though i still find it hard seeing or hearing newborns and pregnant ladies its easier to deal with. Somedays if im feeling a little delicate i have a little cry but its good to let it out. Goodluck for tomorrow lovely and let us know how it goes!

Ladykara- WOOP to your negative result! So very happy for you!

Tina- your due date is near...im sorry! Were all here for you when you need us. I felt a little better after my due date as i wasnt waiting for it anymore. I do think at times when i see a new baby that should have been us but i guess we will always think these things. Did you say your testing thursday? Fingers crossed for you! Please let us know the outcome.

My results are still normal so thats great.....even though when i walked in after taking corban to soft play my dog Obi had chewed up my blood box! Good job i haad to call up for results so i could ask for another blood box to be sent! Silly dog.

xxxxx

Hi ladies

Lilylee - I'm sorry that you're going through this. Just know that there will be light at the end of this tunnel. The ladies here are very nice and supportive. a handful of the ladies have gotten pregnant after the molar pregnancy. I still get very jealous of pregnant ladies. The women I share my office with is pregnant and she tells me about her visits to the doctor, ultrasounds etc... i'm happy for her.. but I'm envious...

How is everybody?

I have 3 more monthly's to go before I get the okay to try again. I asked my doctor if i could try in April. He said that it's the recommendation that we wait 6 months from the first negative. Which would have been December/January. Though, he thinks that most likely the molar will not come back. I'm anxious to try early... but i'm afraid at the same time.

Blakesmom - the numbers look good! hopefully you won't have to wait the full year! *fingers crossed for you*

One more question, is anybody still taking prenatal vitamins? I'm clear to try in June, but should i start taking them now?

Tung - Ive researched and researched the arse off molars and the outcome is generally favourable. Ive only ever read a few stories about ladies suffering from 2 molars or more. Also on emailing charring cross doctor savage said they have only had a few woman out of thousands. Also when i asked to shorten my year wait to 6 months they were as happy as they could be....they cant recommend it as it would be wrong for them too but they didnt discourage me. We are gonna start TTC in june (6 months from end of chemo) and ive started taking my folic acid i had left over from the molar and ive got my oh on zinc....good for spermies so ive heard!!!!!

xxxx

The info I got sent I was told I can start trying again 6 months from d&c if all is good... Is this not correct then ?

Also now I only need to do urine, does this mean no more doctors appointments? Just send my pee in the post direct ?

Tung- I have LOADS of my friends due exactly to the same week as I was suppose to be due. I am hoping to be pregnant by the time my due date comes around x

I think I'm going to start taking my vitamins and try in May lol...

May of last year was the first time I miscarried. Then the molar came along in September/October.... my due date from the molar (had it not beena molar =( ) would be May as well....

At first my doctor said that I had to wait 1 year of negatives before trying again. He then did further research and found out that the recommendation is 6 months now. He also explained to me that if I got pregnant before 6 months, and the hcg rises they won't be able to distinguish if it were pregnancy or the molar coming back. At that point, I would have to either take the medication to esentially "abort" or wait til i'm far enough to get an ultrasound to see if it is a baby or not.

Ladykara - I've never done urine tests. I only did blood tests. At first after the d&c it was weekly until negative then monthly's for 6 months.

Almost 6 months to the day after my D&C: Next monthly blood draw is on Monday---wonder what their reaction will be...

Attachments

• DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 5
Almost 6 months to the day after my D&C: Next monthly blood draw is on Monday---wonder what their reaction will be...

OMG congrats!!! Wow looks like that mentally challenged woman was psychic after all :) such great news, I really hope this pregnancy goes 100% smoothly for you!

She called it before anyone else knew LOL. Scared to tell my Dr.--especially after Tungs post about pregnancy after a molar :cry: I didn't wait 6 months from zero obviously.

I have read so much on molar over the past 2 weeks and it seems the recommended follow-up varies greatly across different sources. I was told by the hospital OB that there would only need to be 6 months of -ve results if it's a complete molar, and with partial you're good to go after the first -ve.

I will find out today if mine was complete or partial, amd also have my first follow-up bloods today.

What kind of result did everyone experience in their first test after D&C? I have no idea what to expect. My hcg was at 150,000 4 days before the procedure.

Blakesmom- do you think they will monitor you extra carefully with your history? How far along were you with your last when you found out it was molar?

tina! Congratulations! Im so so happy for you. Try not worry as they say generally once your levels are normal its unlikely to grow again. All the research Ive done suggests a favourable outcome and Ive only read a few stories of a second. With all the scans you have you Will be fine. Ooo seeing that has made my day! Yay xxx

lilylee- please let us know what they say today. My levels were 255,000 before but i never got my result after but just under two weeks later it was 92,000 but due to complications i had to have treatment. Xxx

Big congratulations Blakesmum! Wishing you a very smooth pregnancy!

Lee my first lot of bloods 8 days after my d&c were 1200. The doctors said that they vary heaps from person to person. Good luck with your appointment xx

Blakesmom - Congrats honey!! I didn't mean to worry you with what i said!

I just wrote it to give the ladies here more information and different recommendations from different doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->