Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

I don't quite remember what my levels were... however, I know for sure that 1,2,3, 4 weeks after the d&c, each blood draw, the hcg dropped by about 80%.

After about a month post d&c, the levels dropped but slower. d&c was in October, and it hit negative (under 5) in december/january.

I have read so much on molar over the past 2 weeks and it seems the recommended follow-up varies greatly across different sources. I was told by the hospital OB that there would only need to be 6 months of -ve results if it's a complete molar, and with partial you're good to go after the first -ve.

I will find out today if mine was complete or partial, amd also have my first follow-up bloods today.

What kind of result did everyone experience in their first test after D&C? I have no idea what to expect. My hcg was at 150,000 4 days before the procedure.

Blakesmom- do you think they will monitor you extra carefully with your history? How far along were you with your last when you found out it was molar?

Molar wasn't brought up until after the pathology results came back after my D&C. At my ultrasound appointment they did mention lots of cysts present but I thought they were referring to my ovaries (my Dr. was thinking PCOS). I know they sent an electronic copy of my U/S to my Drs. so I wonder if they look at it now KNOWING partial molar--should they have detected it at that point?? I heard baby's heartbeat @ my first pre-natal appointment and then 2 weeks later at the ultrasound is when it was discovered I had what they thought was a MMC. I don't think I want extra early scans as I'm afraid that will give me false hope that everything is OK--we told more people after I heard the heartbeat as that was suppose to be a BIG milestone, and then we were going to really announce after the ultrasound--instead we had to "untell" those who knew I was pregnant. My first hCG was 344 and it was 2 weeks 2 days after the d&c if I remember correctly.

I was told nearly straight away they thought it was a molar....well after being told to wait in a room while the doctors could look at my scan with a "mass" in it. They also said it looked likely that it was a complete as they couldnt see any kind fbetus but they said of course the would have it tested to confirm.

Tina - i too am worried about the early scans....ill have them so i know all is ok(as if it regrows again i have no choice in having to have treatment again so id rather find out as soon as possible) Its up to you at the end of they day lovely and is unlikely it will be another molar. xxxxxxx

I think 8 weeks would be the soonest I will want to--but we will see...It is different with the complete molar--seems like as early as 5-6 weeks they can detect a fetal pole right??

I totally understand tina as much i cant wait to ttc it must be extremely nerve wracking.. Im sure all is going to be well i have everything crossed for you....but also remember try enjoy it a little as hard as it may be

xxxxx

blakesmom - stay positive! maybe you can rent a doppler. I think the earliest you can hear the heartbeat with the doppler is 7 weeks. I know that I will be renting a doppler when i get pregnant again. It's just nice to hear the heartbeat to reassure myself... but at the same time, they say not to freak out if you don't hear it one day... because it's hard to find the heartbeat sometimes.

My husband and I were talking and we decided that we're going to try after my next period.. which is april 1. we're not going to use opk's or anything. We're just gonna try and if the timing is right then we'll be pregnant.

Blakesmom - We went for a scan at 6+4 with our sucessful pregnancy (I was on clomid & follicle tracking scans so knew my dates exactly) it showed a tiny dot of a fetal pole 5mm and a HB, but was measuring a few days behind (measured 6+1 I think). I had another exactly 2 weeks later and it showed a lot more, we could see arm and leg buds and make out the eye sockets! I bought a doppler by 9 weeks as I was a nervous wreck & used it whenever I was feeling anxious! Really helped!

xx

Hi ladies,
I've been scouring this forum since Monday when I found out I had a partial molar pregnancy. We went to our 10 week ultrasound on March 6th and they couldn't find a baby. I had a D&C March 19th. Then Monday I got a call from the Dr. telling me it was a pmp and we have to wait 6 months to try and weekly blood test till my hcg is zero. Anyway, I don't really have a lot of questions just thought it would be nice to know some other women who are going through this.

Hi ladies,
I've been scouring this forum since Monday when I found out I had a partial molar pregnancy. We went to our 10 week ultrasound on March 6th and they couldn't find a baby. I had a D&C March 19th. Then Monday I got a call from the Dr. telling me it was a pmp and we have to wait 6 months to try and weekly blood test till my hcg is zero. Anyway, I don't really have a lot of questions just thought it would be nice to know some other women who are going through this.

So sorry for your loss!! Where abouts in Washington do you live?? I live in Spokane :flower:

I live in Ferndale, just north of Bellingham. Small world, esp considering this is a British site! It seems to be one of the only forums with molar pregnancies.

I live in Ferndale, just north of Bellingham. Small world, esp considering this is a British site! It seems to be one of the only forums with molar pregnancies.

YES--Lots of UK ladies on here!!! I much prefer this site over any of the other forums I've seen like babycenter, etc. I have also found a few neat pages on facebook for molar pregnancies that have active conversations, but the ladies in this thread are the BEST!!

Congrats Tina! Thats such wonderful news.

Sorry i have not been around. My home computer is not working, so I am just on my husband's iphone.

Hope everyone else is ok. I will be back with more early next week when the computer is fixed.

Love you all
Xx:hugs:

Hi everyone - hope you are all doing well. Not been on here for what feels like an age - just seem to be so busy. We've been house hunting and are hopefully moving in a couple of months or so, so there's been loads of paperwork etc to sort out.
Tina - I am so pleased to hear your news. Big congratulations! :flower:

Anyway, am going to scroll back through the posts now - it's actually quite peaceful in my house at the moment! The girls have been to a party at the local ball pool/play barn so are worn out and quietly playing together upstairs and the little boy is fast asleep - after waking up at 3, 5 and 6 am for the past few nights it's finally caught up with him...and me!!
Take care everyone,
Eleanor x

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry for your loss! if you ever want somebody to talk to, the thread is great!! xoxox

Went for my monthly blood work after work and their computers were down @ the Lab--now I will have to wait until Wednesday---BOOOOO

Hi ladies, just thought I'd update you and let you know that I got the histology results after my D&C and they have said it was not molar afterall! I now feel a bit cheeky for hanging out in this thread, but it was great support while I was coming to grips with likely molar. Seeing as we just booked a ski holiday to new Zealand in July, we're going to wait til then to try again- enjoy our last chance of an adventurous holiday before we do have a baby. In the meantime, I'm struggling every day thinking about our loss, just want to start feeling normal again.

Lilylee - enjoy your trip! When you feel that you are ready to try then go for it!!

lilylee - july isnt far plus you have a lovely holiday planned and make the most of it.Sending hugs to you xxx

Tina- Have you told your doctors yet? I have bloods tomorrow too. How are you feeling?

This cycle has been 30 days! another cycle closer to ttc though

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"