Mooncup users?

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
I just started my period this week (first one in 16 months!!!) and am using my mooncup from pre pg... it seems fine to use, is there any reason I need to change to the other size if it isn't leaking and feels fine?

I shouldn't think so hun :D you should be fine! I wish I could still use mine! I don't dare even look down there let alone put anything up :lol: I think it'll be a while before I stop using pads :'( x

It took me some time - and I am still veeeery careful! I hated using pads, missed my lovely mooncup (even though everyone in my family thinks it's gross and husband retches when i talk about it!)

It took me some time - and I am still veeeery careful! I hated using pads, missed my lovely mooncup (even though everyone in my family thinks it's gross and husband retches when i talk about it!)

hahahahahahahaha. My OH is the same.

I've been really interested in trying this. Do you know if it's possible to use the mooncup while swimming? Well lounging around in the baths at Bath Spa!

Sorry for hijacking becstar :blush:

I bought one today :D Lu I have read they are fine to use whilst swimming.

Oh and LB, I haven't dared put anything 'up there' yet either! Hope I can manage this time round as I am sick of wearing pads, I HATE them :rofl:

oooh i've been thinking of getting a MC for a while but i'm a little sceptical.....am i the only one who used Tampons from 2nd AF after birth?? should i not have??? ?

I think it's just personal choice! I've not had one yet so I haven't thought about it but I think I'd be fine using tampons now x

i got one for my last AF and would def recommend them :thumbup:

I was just too scared Sara, had enough messing around down there for my liking! Think I'm up for it now though lol :lol:

LOL but :hugs: yeah i cant imagine what it would be like if you had any intervention or trouble.....i had a V straightforward delivery (teeny tiny graze) so i suppose i was VERY lucky!

Lol I had one too many arms up to the elbows inside me for my liking! Never again lol!

oh no hun :hugs: tho i did get a few too many sweeps and 'rough' examinations...that was nasty enough !!LOL

I used the diva cup for years (similar to the moon cup) and loved it! I could do everything in it, including swimming. I'm planning on getting the size 2 for after birth just in case. :)

i really want to try a mooncup - using homemade csp at the mo as i don't dare put anything p yet having had a 2nd degree tear

Yeah too many instruments and hands up mine too :| I think I'm gonna have to have a refashioning too so I won't be using mine any time soon :(

Pads are sooo disgusting and gross I HATE THEM! :sick: I'd choose my mooncup anyday!!!

I haven't used a mooncup myself (as with the others, after having a third degree tear the thought of going near makes me cringe :blush:) but i do beleive you can use them whilst swimming. I hated using pads too but since changing to CSP it's much nicer!

i used mine for years and often went swimming, twas always fine!
i bought an 'after' sized one whilst pregnant fully expecting to have a normal birth and needing a different size :dohh: in the end had a section so might still be able to use the old one when i need to ... think as long as it feels snug its ok?

As long as it doesn't leak, it's fine to use the smaller size. It's also completely fine while swimming :)

I am a total, utter mooncup lover. I've used mine for... hmmmm, 6 years now? Maybe 7? And except for the first period or two i've never had a leak, i've learned soooo much about my cycle and I will never ever again go back to tampons!

(My ex used to call it my 'tampot' :rofl:)

I'm going to give one of these a go once AF comes back. I had a 2nd degree tear, but I'm not too scared to give the mooncup a go. I think I'm pretty much the same as I was pre-preg, despite the tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->