Mooncup users?

LOL the tampot!!!!

I used a DivaCup before pregnancy, and haven't had AF yet since giving birth (bu had a section - so probably no different?)

The only thing that was uncomfortable was riding a bike - sometimes skin would get pinched under the plastic sticking out bit and OUCH IYKWIM

:)
A

I cut off the 'tail' of mine and so did all of my friends!! x

I bought one yesterday - DH asked what it was for, told him, he looked very uncomfortable and then asked if we could pretend we'd never had the conversation!!! :rofl:

:rofl:

I don't use them but do stock them, you shoulda seen my OH's face when he i told them what they were! He had a good giggle at the size of the CSP night pads too but they are fabby :thumbup:

I got mine yesterday, it's bigger than I thought! Eek! :lol:

I would think it's ok, I had a 3 week period at 6weeks post partum and used it and I was ok, it still fitting and there was no pain or anything so yeah I would think if its not leaking then your ok x

Edit - I also had a 2nd degree tear and was a bit scared that I would kinda...pop open when the mooncup pops open, but I didn't :haha:

I've been using one for 3 cycles and swear I'll never go back it's great even when swimming! I too have cut the tail off. I'd give the smaller size a go and see if if leaks buy a bigger one

Sorry TMI coming up :haha: I gave the new mooncup a practise try earlier, lol, it went in ok (to my surprise - it's friggin massive!!!) but it took me about 10 mins, seriously, to get it out! Don't know how I would cope with that in a public loo, lol, it took all sorts of acrobatics and swearing, Jake was quite shocked when I told him what I'd been doing!

:rofl: What the hell am I doing wrong?! Should I have got the smaller one? I have never been particularly 'spacious' down there :blush: but I got the bigger cos of the giving birth thing, lol.

I'm really interested in these. I've never used sanitary towels and these sound nicer than tampons. I told OH and he just said "that's rank" and proceeded to tell me that he was on board with reusable nappies but a mooncup was too much :rofl:

Kirsten, you'll find a way that works for you!! For me personally I have to squat and bear down, my friend can only get hers out with one leg raised on the loo or bath. Persevere!

I cut off the 'tail' of mine and so did all of my friends!! x

I thought you were supposed to trim to comfort?

Yep, and for me, comfort is none!!!

The tail is only there to help you get it out, for me personally I couldn't get it out using it anyway. I pinch the bottom of the actual mooncup instead to break the seal...

Lol I won't be cutting the tail off anytime soon I was quite worried it was never going to come out! Also I never heard or felt it 'pop' when it seals itself, and I could feel it all scrunched up. :(

I wonder is it too big then if you can feel it all scrunched up? Their website is great and if you email them with a question, they come back really quickly :D I emailed them because I now have a prolapse :blush: but they said I could use one if doc agreed which she did. But I'm not sure it's going in far enough... God the things we talk about on this forum! :lol:

:rofl: Lu I know! Well I will be annoyed if it is too big, not like I can send it back is it?!

In half and then half again? Or just half? I put it in in half, let it 'pop' open, then run my finger around the top of it to make sure there's a seal. Mind you, if you haven't made a seal you'll know about it cos you'll leak!!

When it is in place, you wont be able to feel it at all- even if you squeeze your muscles together. It might be a bit higher than you'd expect, but don't worry, it will come out!!!

i think i'd be scare dof getting it stuck too :blush:

:rofl: i'm intreagued......i really wanna try one...been meaning to for ages but i just dunno if i could trust it IYGWIM? and i dunno which size to try now cos of what Kirsten has said.....hmmmmmmm ?? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->