Mooncup users?

In half and then half again? Or just half? I put it in in half, let it 'pop' open, then run my finger around the top of it to make sure there's a seal. Mind you, if you haven't made a seal you'll know about it cos you'll leak!!

When it is in place, you wont be able to feel it at all- even if you squeeze your muscles together. It might be a bit higher than you'd expect, but don't worry, it will come out!!!

Think it was just in half, it didn't pop open, and when I ran my finger around it it didn't feel like it was open and I couldn't get it to feel like it was. It was quite high up, but I couldn't feel it and I thought it was very good at that point until I tried to get it out!

I have emailed them though, so I will let you know what they say about the size (Sara) I am probably just doing something wrong!

thanks hun.....i'm just a bit dubious of choosing sizes...i know they say to get the bigger one after giving birth etc but i dunno...it seems sooooo much bigger than the other one IYGWIM? i'd like to think i havent changed that much :rofl: ........

i'd like to think i havent changed that much :rofl: ........

Lol me too :rofl:

Well she emailed back with two leaflet type things on how to put it in...I tried and it still doesn't feel like it's opening properly. I will give it one more go then may have to get a smaller one :dohh:

it took me a while to get used to putting mine in kirsten, in the beginning I couldn't get it to pop open. have you checked the angle you are putting it in at? my problem is that i was going up instead of back towards the tailbone, makes a big difference. twisting it also helps.

once you get the hang of it, you'll be quick and will be able to handle inserting it anywhere. :)

Well AF turned up this morning, been mooncupping all day, lol and I think after a dodgy morning (leaks and whatnot) I am getting the hang of it! Still feels a little big, but think I will stick with it.

:D

Think I'll be joining you with AF tomorrow so I'll see how it goes. I did try using yesterday for practice and found it pretty uncomfortable so maybe it's different using it at the right time?

Yeah maybe, I still found it uncomfortable this morning, but have been out and about all day and it has been fine. I kept reminding myself it is always this uncomfortable if not more using disposable stuff, lol.

I'm using my mooncup and all is well, no leaks and seems to be all ok. First AF since having Halen and I AM NOT HAPPY! lol I know nearly 9months post partum is a good break but I really hate AF lol

Kirsten, which way are you putting it in? I can't do the one where you fold it up into 4, I do the tulip thingy else it wont pop open with me either.

I'm dreading AF coming back.. I was always reeeaally bad with cramps, so the longer she stays away the better!!

Yeah I think I must be doing the tulip thing now too, sort of pushing one side down into it? It's the only way it will pop open, lol. Used it last night and all good!

Hi hope you don't mind me jumping in, I'm not a Mooncup user yet but am seriously thinking about it for when I come off my BCP soon - I don't have periods at the moment and it's bliss but obviously that's got to change if I'm going to TTC :wacko:, anywho the point is I've been researching a lot and found this blog that you might find interesting if you're new to Mooncups or considering giving it a go:

https://pewari.may.be/2003/08/01/the-mooncup-review/

oooh me thinks i;m gonna have to get me one then...you all seem to be getting on with them well enough...now the big question tho....which size do i get ? :dohh:

Really random but everytime I see the title of this thread I sing ''Moonpig.cooooom'' :haha:

Or sometimes I edit it to ''Mooncup.cooooom'' :wacko::wacko:

Sara if you're over 30 or have had a vaginal birth then they say to get a size A.

I'm trying mine out properly for the first time today and not particularly convinced... I put it in and it seems like it's in a good position and then I stand up and it's like my muscles push it down so it seems a bit too low down. It's catching some but not all at the moment, need the pad too. Wonder if this is normal or if it's my stupid prolapse?

I think mine must be pretty high up. I haven't trimmed the little stem thing and it doesn't poke out :blush: I feel like I am giving birth slightly everytime I empty it (without the pain lol!) It's like push - relax - push - relax. :rofl: Does everyone else go through this ridiculousness or is it just me?! It is catching it all now though, and I can't feel it in so it must be ok!

Yeah you are meant to get size A if you have had a baby or over 30, so seems like it is a good idea, lol. I still think I could get away with a B, but would prob need an A eventually, so will stick with this one.

I find it easier to take out if I tilt it slightly after I've released the seal, Just keep going, you wont look back soon :hugs:

I've been trying it now using the tulip fold and it's much better, seems to be catching it all now I think. Think I'll keep a pad on for the time being but hopefully it's working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->