morning after pill?

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Me and my oh dtd sunday night and the condom broke! I ebf, but I'm pretty certain I was in the middle of ovulating. Before both babies I tracked ovulation before we started trying, and fell pregnant first month trying with both. I had all my usual symptoms, increased cm, pain on one side, breastfeeding became extremely uncomfortable again, which it hasn't been since she was 10 days old, etc. Af hasn't returned yet. I took the morning after pill on tuesday as couldn't get an appointment at my drs on the monday. I've never taken it before. I know it works by preventing ovulation though. So if I'd already ovulated, it won't be much good. The dr said I should experience some bleeding, but didn't say how soon. My oh is desperate for our next, but with our chances of baby dying shortly after birth, it's something I need to mentally and emotionally prepare for. And the face that in 2 years I've had 2 pregnancies - 1 c section and 1 vbac, I think my body needs a break. We were planning on trying this year, but not quite this soon!! Has anyone taken it? Did you bleed and uf so how soon? Did it fail and you were pregnant? Bit nervous at the moment!!x

ive taken it and was fine, I actually didn't bleed til my period was due again. the period came as normal (sort of normal, they are all over the place)
I think it alters the consistency of the lining etc too and makes it more difficult for an egg if it is released already to fertilise or stick xx

I took it years ago and cramped and bled the next day as though it induced a period.

I was still bleeding when I took it and do believe it caused me to cramp and bleed heavier also cause some mood swings. Yes I believe it worked for us. I think the earlier u take it after DTD the better it works! Good luck

She did say I might get a bit hormonal and teary. No cramps, bleeding or mood swings as yet. Its going to be a long two week wait I think!!x

I took it years ago and cramped and bled the next day as though it induced a period.

I had this. Was just like a normal period but early. I always thought the pill (BC) prevented ovulation but the Morning After pill prevented implantation by shedding the lining. But the last time I took it was in 1995, so I'm probably wrong.

I never bled until my regular period was supposed to come.

Never had any side effects and only bled during my period the both times I've taken it in the past.

Ive taken.it once 12 hours after sex and I got pregnant.it is unlikely though. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->