Morning sickness second time around, but not first!

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Gahhh, didn't think I could be that lucky, twice. I didn't have one second of anything with my first pregnancy (DS).

I had a stomach bug on Sunday night, so thought once that went away I'd be back to normal. Well, the bug is gone but now I have contact nausea and the thought of eating makes me want to puke.

This is all new to me and I feel miserable. It's not even bad compared to a lot of ladies. Just a constant queasiness with no appetite. All I can think about stomaching is cold fruit. Everything else is just unappealing and makes me feel sick thinking about it.

My lovely sister said to me 'it will probably get worse at 7 weeks, this is just a warm up' :haha: thanks for that!!

So, describe your morning sickness. Did you have it with subsequent pregnancies if you have more than one? When did it start? Did it come on suddenly, creep up on you? Did it get worse or stay the same? etc x

I had ms with my two previous pregnancies as well. Both started at 6 weeks on the nose and hit hard! This time I got HG! Started slowly end of 5 weeks then smacked me hard middle of the night at 6 weeks... Hope it ends soon. It sucks I feel you. Cold fruit sounds great...

I had absolutely zero morning sickness/nausea with my first pregnancy. This time has been different. Mostly though I am only nauseous and feel crummy if I don't eat enough and once I get it under control I feel much better. It honestly could be the same for you. Since you didn't get ms until you got sick it might just be that you've gotten yourself in the viscous circle and if you can get yourself out you'll be fine. Your body is probably just so hungry it's making you nauseous which makes you not eat which makes you feel even worse and so on. Fx'd if you can start building back up to where your body doesn't think it's in starvation mode you will feel much better like I tend to do!!

I had ms with my two previous pregnancies as well. Both started at 6 weeks on the nose and hit hard! This time I got HG! Started slowly end of 5 weeks then smacked me hard middle of the night at 6 weeks... Hope it ends soon. It sucks I feel you. Cold fruit sounds great...

Oh Laila you poor thing. This is why I shouldn't complain. Mine is nothing compared to that.

I had absolutely zero morning sickness/nausea with my first pregnancy. This time has been different. Mostly though I am only nauseous and feel crummy if I don't eat enough and once I get it under control I feel much better. It honestly could be the same for you. Since you didn't get ms until you got sick it might just be that you've gotten yourself in the viscous circle and if you can get yourself out you'll be fine. Your body is probably just so hungry it's making you nauseous which makes you not eat which makes you feel even worse and so on. Fx'd if you can start building back up to where your body doesn't think it's in starvation mode you will feel much better like I tend to do!!

Miracles I think you may be on to something. Even though eating breaky made me feel sick now that I have something in my stomach it's coming and going in waves so hopefully I can somewhat keep it at bay if I constantly eat small frequent meals. I'm sipping on black tea at the moment which is nice...

That would be my suggestion for the next couple days! Try to snack on something at least every hour or so even if you don't feel quite hungry yet. If fruit sounds good eat as much as you can! That's the only thing that consistently sounds good to me and it makes me feel so much better when I eat it, super easy on your stomach! If you really struggle at certain times of the day try getting ensure plus or something similar and drinking it. It's a really easy way to get quite a few calories and typically after that eating is easier! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->