Morning sickness... :(

rding13

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on here, 8 weeks gone :]

I'm having really bad morning sickness, worse in the morning and night but the nausea lasts pretty much all day :(

Does anyone know any tricks that help? I havent been able to go to work the last couple of days, and spent most of the weekend on the sofa! :cry:

I know all women are different, but any help is greatly appreciated :)

Rhian x

mine was like that! any little thing set me off though, like when I would do the littlest cough or sneeze even, Id be running to the bathroom hurling. I couldnt even watch TV because everything made me feel more nauseous lol! The best thing would be eat small frequent meals, and drink lots of fluids. I really found Gatorade a God Send, it also made it not so bad when I would throw up, as gross as that is! But it's very true! Good luck, hun :hugs: and I promise it does ease up... mine finally decreased at 18 weeks, with the occasional sickness in the morning/night and the off days... but for the most part its gone now *knock on wood* sometimes ill still feel a little icky though during the night :(

oh, I forgot to ad that raspberry leaf tea/mint tea/or ginger tea all work wonders with nausea :hugs: all are safe to drink throughout your entire pregnancy :D

I am dealing with the same thing, have found some relief this past week when I started taking extra folic acid. But, I have pretty much just been dealing with it in all honesty. I lost 3 lbs, so perhaps I am not going about it the right way. I eat what I can, and throw up when I have too. Lol. But, I eat vegetables well and fruits. Cereal, and roman noodles haven't made me nausea.

I'm currently living on a diet of water and ginger biscuits as it's pretty much all I can keep down. Even driving to work makes me nauseous.

I would pay for someone to just give me a couple of days without feeling nauseous right now :)

Alot of the girls here swear by those travel sickness bands. They work by putting pressure on your acupressure points in the wrist. I know they used to help me with my travel sickness and they may help your nausea!
They're called Sea Bands and you can get them in Boots, Lloyds or Moss chemists. I know I'm gonna be getting some today as my nausea seems to be returning to so I'm gonna give them a go.

:hugs:

Ginger ale! It's a godsend, lemonade is realyl good too. Tho you might find something works one day, only to make you sick the next, it's all trial and error. I'm gonna go buy some seabands today for work :D

Oh, and congratulations and welcome to BnB!!!!!!!! xxx

I found drink lucozade fizzy or flat,sucking hard boiled sweets really helped some days too,also sea bands,dr told me to eat what i fancied and not to worry too much about eating healthy! As longs as you keep taking fluids.

Well I'm on my 6th week of having nausea 24/7 & I havent found anything that helps so I'm just having to deal with it x Healthy eating has gone out of the window at the minute because I'm eating whatever I can x The nausea subsides while I'm eating its just the before & after that I have a problem with :dohh:

oh, I forgot to ad that raspberry leaf tea/mint tea/or ginger tea all work wonders with nausea :hugs: all are safe to drink throughout your entire pregnancy :D

sure ive read shouldnt be drank within first tri.
as only really suitable for after 34weeks gone.

eat little and often
ginger snaps!

I got my Seabands yesterday from Boots (nearly £8 for a pair but well worth it IMO) I'd been feeling kinda queasy for most of the day and the usual when I'm hungry but when I put these bands on, the hungry nausea I get disappeared.
I understand that these bands may not work for everyone, maybe it depends on the extent of your MS, but for me, they're fab :D

No nausea or morning sickness yet but i have bought the seabands in preparation for it. I think the average is for morning sickness to start around the 6 week mark. Will make the most of this week before it starts. :)

:hug:

I've been backwards and forwards to gp with really horrid morning sickness, so much so I've lost just short of 10 kilos and have absolutely no energy whatsoever, and low bp to add it all..

I can only really reliterate what the girls have already said really, eat what you fancy and not worry about if it's healthy. Gp I saw today, he also told me that I need to keep calories up so to drink as much sweet drink as I can stomach, even if it means putting glucose in milk. (Yuck, milk!)

He said it's not so important what you eat or how much, it's more important to drink plenty of fluids, sweet fluids if you can stomach it. Although he has given me some medicine to try, as I can't stomach the tablets he had given me before.

Good Luck and I hope it gets better soon... He did tell me that as I had morning sickness right the way till 7 months last time, I'm likely to be the same this time, so don't think yoou'll be back at work anytime soon, unless we can control the sickness, which is highly unlikely... Talk about leaving on a positive note...

I found eating when i could and little meals.
Also sucking extra strong mints, and flat lemonade.

Blimey when i think back to those first few weeks, i really do sympathis with you ladies who are going through it at the moment.

Just try and remember its all worth it though when you are feeling at your lowest point and it does ease up as the weeks go on.

No nausea or morning sickness yet but i have bought the seabands in preparation for it. I think the average is for morning sickness to start around the 6 week mark. Will make the most of this week before it starts. :)

:hug:

Hello!

I hate to rain on your parade but the last 2 days I have been fairly nauseous!

This morning was horrid because I had to have blood taken whilst feeling sick and faint. Not good :cry:

This morning the fresh air was just about all I could face and it was a case of sit down or fall down.... wooooo pregnancy rocks :rofl:

Mine was horredous, however the past 3 days its more or less vanished!!

thank goodness

Every morning when I wake up to the most horrible stomach aches I've ever had I cry and vomit and try and be strong because ultimately I am happy to be vomitting...but...JEEEZZZZ I can't wait for some relief!!! I get sick right when I wake up and then usually once more a couple hours later...however I am nausiated most of the time..my co worker said she would bring me one of her wrist bands..I hope that I am one of the lucky ones that it works for. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

oh love:hissy:

I have found the best cure to my m/s is to eat contantly..and i mean like not leaving even 30 mins in between snacking. the doctor advised me to keep a sports cap bottle and sip whatever fluids i could even if i threw them up you still get hydrated a bit

Ive lost over 7lb since getting my morning sickness, and now i have good days and bad days but it seems to be getting better (although worrying too)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->