Moses basket/bouncy chair question?

Sazaroo

Reaction score
Morning ladies!

We have a wooden swinging crib in our bedroom for night time but wondered about the day time (when im downstairs and bubba needs a nap etc). Is it ok for them to just nap in a bouncy chair during the day or should we also get a moses basket? :shrug:

Thank you :thumbup:

xx

Well technically they shouldnt sleep to long in them but ive found that for many of mine, its the only place they fall to sleep during the day, esp on a vibrating one! Everytime i tried transferring them from it over to a moses basket they would wake up. From that point, i let them sleep on it. if you have stairs, you may want a moses basket. Its a difficult one, as all babies are different. Dont think a bouncy chair is a replacement for a moses basket but in reality my babies all slept in theirs and it was fab as it gives you a break! I would buy a bouncy chair anway..and maybe wait until baby is here to see if you really need a moses basket?

what about a carrycot for the pram ? the advise is not to let them sleep/sit long in the bouncy chairs xx

Ideally they should nap/sleep on a flat mattress so personally I'd get a moses basket/crib or as flumpandme says a carrycot for downstairs.

Hoppersgirl, "Bump" is what people write when they don't have a comment to make but they want the thread to stay current so that others will see it and respond...as in "I'm bumping your post up the list".

Lx

Well that's made me laugh even more! I've been on here for 25 weeks and didn't realise at all. Everytime I've seen someone write "bump" it's been in relation to whether their photo is bump or flab!

harry used to sleep on a playmat on the rug - was quite safe and nowhere he could roll. he slept in a bouncy chair a couple of times but they outgrow them pretty quickly and can upturn them onto their fronts!

Fisher Price do the linkadoos infant to toddler rocker which is good because it vibrates and rocks so they can get to sleep but then you pull the bar out underneath and it lies pretty much flat so they're not sat up with their neck rolling about which is what I found last time.

Thank you ladies!
We will look into getting a moses basket I think xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"