• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mossip's cheapie wedding. Friday 13-09-2013. Wedding checklist on 1st page :)

mossip

Reaction score
So i thought i'd start a journal to help me with my ideas and maybe get a few ideas.

We have been engaged for 3 years now and have finally set a date :happydance:.
The date is special to us as we met on Myspace and the 15th Sept was the date he sent the first message. So we will have been together 5 years to the date when we marry :).

I have been married before (2000) but divorced in 2003 due to him sleeping with someone else. Im pleased in a way as i now know that i have met my soulmate :cloud9:.

I have an idea of colour schemes but i keep changing my mind :haha:. All i know for sure is that i want a black dress and i WILL get it. Im thinking either cream, red or cerise for the bridesmaids.

Im not very good at planning things but im hoping with this journal it will help me out :).

Edit.... Most importantly i need to order my divorce papers!!! I think i threw them out :(. £45 for a new set and im praying i can have a church wedding :).

WEDDING ORGANISER
Wedding Organiser

Countdown Checklist.

12 Months to go:

• Organise a budget
• Decide on the type of ceremony
• View venues and book

11 Months to go:

• Decide numbers and draw up a guest list
• Send save the date cards
• Book reception venue (if different from ceremony)
• Choose and book caterers and decide on menu
• Choose bridesmaids, best man and ushers.

10 Months to go:

• Find the perfect wedding dress
• Buy shoes and accessories
• Select and book photographer
• Choose and book entertainment for the reception.
• Choose clothes for:
Groom
Bridesmaids
Best man
Ushers

9 Months to go:

• Choose the florist and discuss all requirements, including
Bridal bouquet
Bridesmaid’s bouquet
Buttonholes for the men
Flowers for the venue
• Order the wedding cake

8 Months to go:

• Book Honeymoon and travel insurance
• Order wedding stationary including;
Invitations
Order of service
Place cards

7 Months to go:

• Choose and order wedding rings
• Discuss and decide the ceremony details and vows
• Meet with the officiator to confirm the ceremony requirements
• Arrange wedding cars
• Confirm all bookings in writing

6 months to go:

• Decide which stores will manage the wedding gift list
• Make a list of wedding presents
• Order wedding favours

5 Months to go:

• Finalise the music selection and advise the band/dj
• Arrange honeymoon visas and vaccinations (if necessary)
• If honeymoon is booked in new name, ensure passport is changed
• Notify bank, doctor and dentist on name change

4 Months to go:

• Send invitations
• Arrange hen/stag nights
• Book wedding insurance (if required)

3 Months to go:

• Update guest numbers with caterers and confirm final menu and drinks choice
• Book hair, makeup and beautician appointments

2 Months to go:

• Apply for the marriage license
• Send wedding announcements to the newspapers
• Send thank you notes for any wedding gifts that have arrived
• Follow up on any guests that have not responded yet
• Update wedding gift list with store

1 Month to go:

• Final wedding dress fitting
• Pick up wedding party outfits
• Confirm final numbers with caterers and draw up seating plan
• Finalise/reconfirm all details
Reception venues
Florist
Photographer
Wedding transport
Honeymoon
Entertainment
Hair and beauty
• Write and rehearse speeches
Groom
Best man
Father of the bride

2 weeks to go:

• Hold the hen and stag parties

1 Week to go:

• Have a ceremony rehearsal

ON THE BLIDDY DAY:

• GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

The Cakes. They will all be Black and Cream. You decide which 1 i get :haha: xxx

Attachments

• CAKE1.jpg
    CAKE1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 9
  • CAKE2.jpg
    CAKE2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 11
  • CAKE3.jpg
    CAKE3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
  • cake4.jpg
    cake4.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
My dad had a church wedding for his second wedding. They let him because my mum and him married very young and they'd been divorced for over 20 years etc. It does depend on the vicar though!

Welcome anyway and hope we can help! Lots of budgeting tips on here!!

I really hope i can!! Stew has never been married and i dont want him to miss out on it. xxx

I think the fact that you divorced because of adultery on his side will be in your favour. I think the vicar just needs to know that you take marriage seriously and that your divorce was for reasons beyond your control xx

When we marry we will have been together 5 years exactly, which was why we chose the date we have, and means we marry on a Tuesday. No other date in the year would have been right for us. lol

:flower:

:hi: new stalker alert, spotted your link in your siggy in Sian's pregnancy journal :D

Looking forward to seeing your plans coming together hun :flower:

Look forward to stalking your wedding plans. How many bridesmaids you having as with black wedding dress, cream AND cerise would be nice for the b'maids. xx

Im having 2 bridesmaids :). My bessie Netty and Stew's sis Ella. I think im gonna go with cerise to put a bit colour into it :).
Im a bit annoyed the his other sis said congrats but i wont be there as i have to watch the cats!!!! wtf its your brothers wedding!! I might include her 2 boys and see what she says them. xxx

cats??? wtf??? does she never leave the house???

p.s. love cerise! :thumbup:

Im having 2 bridesmaids :). My bessie Netty and Stew's sis Ella. I think im gonna go with cerise to put a bit colour into it :).
Im a bit annoyed the his other sis said congrats but i wont be there as i have to watch the cats!!!! wtf its your brothers wedding!! I might include her 2 boys and see what she says them. xxx

No way, how bloody rude. Has she not heard of a cattery?!

I think it's gonna look lovely, black and cerise. :thumbup:

x

Cats are pretty independant! They dont need watching like dogs do .. that's madness! We have 2 cats and if we go away, we get someone to pop in every day to feed and water them but that's it!

This is my point to Stew!!. He;s the 1st in his family to get married and i think she should be there!!. I would never dream of saying i couldnt go to her's because of my cats or my pooch. There's always someone who can pop in (the pooch has a holiday with her granny :haha:)/ ARGGGHHHHHH she makes me so mad.
I think im defo gonna go with cerise for the bridesmaids :). I had a dream last night that his family had come up for a holiday and i booked the wedding and suprised them. I remember i was so excited then i woke up and realised i still have over a year to wait :haha: xxx

aww, but a year goes so quickly- I can assure you!

saw this and thought of you (third one along, camila, comes in black) I tried it on in white and OMG! Lush!!!!! https://www.pronuptia-stoke.co.uk/cococouture.html#

That dress is gorgeous!!!.I gonna get round some stores in the next few weeks and have a good hunt. I know what i want and its in my shop but if i get that 1 then im gonna have to tell every one not to wear maxi dresses form Quiz coz it will probs be out then aswell :haha:. My friend bought the dress and has never worn it and she said if i wanted it i could have it :).

Im waiting for my other friend to come back from her jollys so i can sort out save the date/invitations. She's also gonna be our photographer :).
xxx

thats sweet of her! Ye it is gorgeous isn't it *drool*

She doesn't now she's doing the save the day and invitations yet :haha:. I know she will though she's a star xxx

Hows the planning going chickadee?? Don't make me look like a mong :rofl: xx

Your gonna look beaut babe.
I really want this dress in black but i want that colour and style but the shorter one. Will it look odd having the same designs? xxx

Edit: :dohh: it might help if i put the pic up :haha: xxx

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 4
I don't think it would look odd hun, that dress is stunning :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads