Mother of all conception months Graduates

short answer - unlikely

Waffly anwer -

As a matter of course they wouldnt, if there arent any major concerns then they should make sure you have one at your post natal check-up (or thereabouts).

If they see a simple, obvious cervical erosion then they would probably follow this course. If they really want to make sure its nothing more worrying (remember zebras.....!) then an experienced gynaecologist may be happy to do one in pregnancy. As far as I am aware it is pretty safe as far as taking the actual smear but they would bear in mind sweeping a (very soft ) brush across the cervix will likely make it bleed more. The bleeding may also make it more difficult to get a decent specimen.

Its hard to say anything concrete as it depends on what they see when they do the examination but the chances are they will just do after pregnancy (remember horses...). The cervix becomes very friabe (fragile and bleeds easily on minimal contact) in pregnancy and this is why bleeding is so common, especially after dtd.

sorry out the long-winded answer!

Oh Loopy that made me laugh sooo much.

I have to be honest my smear test isn't up to date. It was due before I went on holiday and then of course we found out we were pregnant.

Will they do a new smear while I'm pregnant?

mine is due next year, my midwife told me last week that if i recieve a reminder letter that i must not go to it until at least 3 months after i have had the baby.

loopy in house GP.

:haha::haha:LMAO

remember I am only a year into GP and am still far more used to the zebras!!

certainly if it is just a routine smear with no concerns they wouldnt touch a pregnant woman with a barge pole. I am pretty sure its a tick box on the post natal check up - but they might not do them til the 3 month point. The practice nurses usually do all the smears so the docs are kinda peripheral souls (although we are trained to do them).

Dont worry Gilz - they are trained to look for zebras up there so if they arent worried then you shouldnt be!

Have made myself wonder when mine is due - have no idea!! And I have annual ones as have had abnormal ones in the past. Havent a damn clue:dohh:

not for another year then loopy you daft soul you just said that. lol

not for another year then loopy you daft soul you just said that. lol

:rofl::rofl: but cant remember when I had it done! Has to be within a year but for all I know it could have been three months ago! Yikes I have a memory like a sieve its scary.

Update: All is ok about the pregnancy thing but now the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council whatever) is saying my qualifications don't hold up in the UK! :cry: Why did they take me on if they don't? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

where are they from? can u do a conversion course? jeez nothing is never easy

deffinatly offer to go back to college or do your nvq, is it in nursery nursing?

Yeah, I have qualifications similar to that. They are going to look into everything before they make a final decision.

oh jesus they will use that if not the pregnancy thing and non valid qualifications is reasonable. If you wnat to stay in thatfield look at colleges in your area that do it, you can then do an apprentership or something

gilz they gave me the option of 2nd nov or 9th nov i jumped for the early one even though i wont be quite 12 weeks cos i simply cant wait any longer lol

ozzie thats crap - how annoying, dont know what to suggest?!!

has anyone (I know cat has had hers) got any advice or thoughts on having the nuchal scan/bloods i cant decide what to do?!! DH doesnt no either and i cant ask my mum yet :( but dont want to leave it too late - are any of you having it done??

^^^^sorry for the random subject change lol....

Well, if I go to school just now because of my visa status I would have to pay overseas fees which is a difference of about £5000. :cry: I can't win, can I?

guess not you could get a job in mother care, toys r us or early learning centre if this all goes wrong i'm sure they will fix it though.

I'l prob have the nuchal tests mainly because I'm a nosey bugger.

I know i'm well ahead of the game but who's Breast Feeding and who's bottle? I have just looked at the price of electric pumps and might have to remortgage the house.
No here does it say how long it takes to pump milk, i'm not sure how long it takes the baby to feed either.

Ozzie - assuming you didn't lie on your cv/application I don't see how they could take you on and then decide you're not qualified. Clearly someone has been negligent. I would keep the pressure on. Can you provide evidence about what your qualification study included?

Bids - I'm not having the tests. I didn't last time either. We're not offered nuchal here yet and I wouldn't be prepared to pay. We wouldn't have a termination so would rather just wait to see if anything shows on the next scan. One less thing to worry about!

Molly - I did and will breast feed. I used a hand pump when I expressed. Apart from its being rather undignified I had no difficulties with it. They're a lot cheaper!

Well mysteriously since this afternoon the computer has lost all its power. Ace. There goes my homeworking. Going to have an explore but if it won't work I'll just have to hope my mum can fix it tomorrow. Sigh.

Evening Ladies :kiss:

I have LMAO whilst catching up.....I think us ladies have had just about everything shoved up our whoahs including horses and zebras :rofl: DH wondered what I was howling at :lol:

Apologises madcat and bids for our foul language and rude minds but honestly labour well.........its all fun :thumbup:

I turned down the triple test with my MW today....we talked and decided that we wouldnt terminate should our results show high/certain possibility so no need to risk doing the test :thumbup:

Re feeding Molly unfortunately for me my babe will be bottle fed like Oliver :( I would like to breastfeed and whilst my milk came in with Oliver (after I was told it wouldnt!) I dont know if it would this time :shrug: I had a breast reduction in 2004 and apparently my milk duds were detached....obviously not so or not correctly as my milk came in with Oliver however I have a dodgy nipple (L) which I nearly lost after my op but through my cons care and the doting care of DH we managed to save it (please dont ask me to explain!) however now esp during pregnancy the tissue underneath gets so hard and sore to touch that I think breastfeeding certainly from L nipple will be extremely painful and I dont think I could be able to just breastfeed from my right :shrug: Peanut what do you think?

hmmmm i ''think'' i may terminate depending on what the complications were (everyone has opinions).... so this is why i am struggling - if you had this in mind would you say its worth getting them done?? im only asking cos i really dont know what im talking about (guess i should have spoke to the mw more in depth about it) but i dont know the difference between the 3 bloods they offer and nuchal guess this is what i'm asking!! what are you getting for paying £160-£200???

im defo having ago at breast feeding best for everyone and my mums always talked me into it but again each to their own, i may hate it or there might be problems but im going ahead with the YES id like to breast feed - havent looked into anything to do with pumps, god im soooo clueless and havent got bloody time to check out all this stuff :(

oh peanut thats the last thing you need with the pute!!! hope your mum can fix it....

see we have some MORE BFPs in the mother thread - luckiest thread ever in all the time ive seen on B&B dont you think?

oh and madly it better be all good fun i'll be having nightmares for the next 7 months lol

Bids - the way to look at any test is to question what you will do with the result. Will it change the way you feel or influence decisions you make? If - under no circumstances and irrespective of outcome - would you consider terminating your pregnancy then there really doesnt seem any point putting yourself through the testing...unless you really need to know to prepare yourself for good/bad well before :baby: is born.

If you would consider your options if the tests showed something worrying then go for it. Remember though that the bloods + nuchal only give you a probability of a particular diagnosis (ie Downs) occuring. Only amnio (or cvs) will give you definitive results.

It is such a personal decision you have to consider what is right for you and your family. I want to know what my liklihood is of having a child with Downs etc but at this moment dont know what decision we would make. Bear in mind though I am at much higher risk than you ladies too so this influences my decision immensely.

Whatever you two choose is right for you :flower:

I will be breastfeeding hopefully. Did with DS and loved it, was so sad when he didnt want me anymore (at seven months :growlmad:). Thought I was supposed to choose when to stop, not him!

Madly - at least you have both nips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"