Mother of all conception months Graduates

Gilz i said i'd give it ago to keep oh happy because of the cost i'm thinking of using formula at night mainly coz then he can bleedin do it to when hes home lol. plus my parents want to baby sit while i'mat work or having a kit/me day I like to be organised on asking them for stuff they are always happy to do it but they like notice.

OOOhhhh new brilliant food toast with cheese in the middle. Here is pregnancy brain our milk has gone off i usually know 4 days in advance this is happening, at this rate i sence another trip to a&e with food poisioning. Having a maths and english test for my nvq this morning. that should be fun.

Bids which hospital are u using I'll look at their stuff for u. all that writing is so comnfussing for 1 set of eyes.

Ooo ive just been reading up on what ive missed.
im sure you already know this but the nuchal scan&bloods dont just screen you for Downs, they also screen for Edwards syndrome and Pataus syndrome, glad i had mine done, esp after finding out a family members baby was positive for edwards syndrome.

wow madcat thats gd it showed some thing what is edwards syndrome gotta fly will read when i get back

Samuel Johnson Community Hospital Midwife Led Unit. Trent Valley Road, Lichfield, WS13 6EF

im so confused molly if you can work it out that would be great lol if this doesnt give you any info then it would be burton hospital!!!

yeah but cat your SIL didnt have the nuchal and they found out anyway didnt they?! i know i want to find out as much as i can - even if at the end i say well what a bloody waste of money that was lol (hope that is the case)....

yeah there is cost as well molly im just thinking its best for me and the baby - apparently it tightens your stomach muscles back up and stuff, sounds good to me i'll be desparate to get back into shape and i mean DESPARATE!!!

wow madcat thats gd it showed some thing what is edwards syndrome gotta fly will read when i get back

Edwards syndrome is far worse than downs. Lots of physical defformaties in hands legs face and head, lots of things wrong internally with the organs, most dont survive full term and the few that do tend to live up to 1 year at the most.

Samuel Johnson Community Hospital Midwife Led Unit. Trent Valley Road, Lichfield, WS13 6EF

im so confused molly if you can work it out that would be great lol if this doesnt give you any info then it would be burton hospital!!!

yeah but cat your SIL didnt have the nuchal and they found out anyway didnt they?! i know i want to find out as much as i can - even if at the end i say well what a bloody waste of money that was lol (hope that is the case)....

yeah there is cost as well molly im just thinking its best for me and the baby - apparently it tightens your stomach muscles back up and stuff, sounds good to me i'll be desparate to get back into shape and i mean DESPARATE!!!

yes your right, they found out about the edwards syndrome from the 12 week NHS scan, i am assuming that the deformaties in this instance were so obvious that they were able to pick it up straight away on the basic scan. There was an hour delay that morning, and we think her scan was now the reason for delay.

Bids - The NHS are attempting to role out nuchal scanning for all women UK wide. Infact according to my mw they had hoped that by this point that would already be the case. I'm lucky in that in my health board area the nuchal scan is done and has been for over 2 years almost now.

As for the feeding thing i really don't know just now i'm getting too much information from to many different sources. At the end of the day of course i want to do the best for the jellybean but it needs to be balanced with what will also keep me healthy and well too.

Hi ladies,hope you're all well today!

As for the breastfeeding thing,don't worry about it too much at this stage.You're better off just seeing how you get on.I was adamant I wanted to breastfeed,but when Shay was born he wouldn't latch on.I had every midwife in the ward pulling my diddies and trying to shove them in his mouth,it was awful,he never latched on,not even once.He was crying coz he was starving,I was crying coz I felt like a failure as a mother,it was terrible,I put far too much pressure on myself,in the end he had to have a bottle.

With Oran,he did latch on after delivery,I was soo delighted.He wanted to be permanently on my boob though,my nipples were blistered and bleeding,and when he sucked it felt like I was being stabbed in the nipple.I was going home following day,and when they weighed him he had already lost 9ozs.She said if he'd lost more than 10 they wouldn't of been letting us home.
So the combination of my very painful nipples,his weight loss,and the fact I had a 2 yr old that needed my attention too I decided to get the bottles out as soon as I got home.Didn't feel it would be fair to have oran permanantly attached to me when shay was still a baby himself,and was used to having me all to himself.I didn't feel guilty this time,it was just the best decision all round for us.
Its a personal decision,you can decide to give it a go,or not,but be prepared that if you do give it a go its definately not as easy as it looks for some people,but i've also friends that have had no problems whatsoever,so you won't know til you try.
I'll still give it a try with this new baby and see what happens.

Yous are all so lucky to be getting all these scans!
In this country with our wonderful health system you get 1 scan and thats it.Mine is 16th nov when I'll be nearly 18 wks preg!I paid privately for my 1 at 11wks.My sister didn't have her 1st scan til she was 21wks and it was her 1st baby.Its a disgrace.There's no such thing as anomaly or nuchal scans or whatever they're called unless you pay for them.They do check the nuchal fold during the scan,but god 21 wks is a bit late in the day to hear something is wrong isn't it!!
I do love a good oul bitch about the hse!!(irish nhs)

Hi ladies. Hope you're exams have gone well Molly.

God what a day. Byron had thrush and since bathtime last night he's been screaming in pain. We thought it might be uti but it was his willy that was sore. We were up through the night with him and he was in a right state this morning. I was supposed to be at a training day but had to take him to the drs. Fortunately they've agreed to waive the £30 drop out charge because of the circumstances. I've been so sick because of the bad night and headache too.

My mum hasn't been able to fix my computer and is taking away with her. She built it a few months ago and has all the receipts. So now it's time to get the ancient laptop back out, which is so very slow and has no software and turns itself off without warning. Not impressed. So I've been forced to take the day off but with no benefits for it.

im well pleased!. Ive had such a good day, no gagging, no retching, nothing, ive even managed to swallow my pregnacare tablets (ok so DH cut up one of them for me while i wait for my pill cutter to arrive). Ive also seazed the moment just now to give my teeth a damned good brush and mouthwash and im still ok!. What a difference from yesterday (i was gagging, heaving morning, noon and night, i went to be at 9pm b'cos id had enough).

so today has been a good day!:happydance:

Yay madcat that's great maybe you are entering the bloom stage of pregnancy :happydance:

Yay madcat that's great maybe you are entering the bloom stage of pregnancy :happydance:

it would be nice to think that, but i'll wait and see what tomorrow holds first!!, im hoping for another good day because i want to get my arse shifting and go out with my camera while autumn is in full swing, its been too long since i did any photography:growlmad:

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to feeling a bit better and more energetic it's a struggle daily to work myself up to walking my dog after work. That used to be my favourite part of the day while my OH isn't here.

im not so tired anymore, ive stopped the afternoon naps anyway, its was just the retching recently that had got me down.:dohh:

That's great madcat! Maybe you're turning a corner. Lucky!

Can anyone recommend me a laptop? We're not looking to spend more than £400. Given that the one we use is Acer, 10 years old, has no battery life anymore and shuts down by itself randomly as well as being the slowest thing on earth our expectations and demands are not high! Just wifi, dvd, some usb ports really and fairly well sized HDD. I've been looking at HP, Toshiba and Samsung.

i hope i am, but not counting my chickens yet, not based on one day anyway.

erm, i had a Toshiba Laptop once, i sold it in the end as i needed the money at the time, but it seemed pretty good!

I'll have a look for you Peanut if you like since I'm a techie geek. I've personally got an aver which I really like and I got my sister a really good compaq for about £350 a few months ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Sa.../B003LJX6Y4/ref=de_a_smtd/280-8724031-9140364

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Noteb.../B002ZIF4W4/ref=de_a_smtd/275-6768506-3761404

Both of these look quite good value Peanut. Have you seen any others you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->